PDA

View Full Version : what u do when cant sleep?

kris
08-08-2007, 00:52
Main causes of sleep disorder are mental stress and irregular lifestyle. I know coz I have suffered from it from as far as I could remember. Recently I found out a solution.
Dont sleep for one full day ...the next day you would feel sleepy as hell, so sleepy ,that even inspite of mental stress u would be able to fall asleep ...and once u are in the rhythm u automatically become disciplined and sleep when u want to ..its all about the rhythm.

however when i can't sleep i drink something warm like milk or occupy my time with something ..like watching tv or surfing the net till i feel sleepy...
A peg or two before going to bed always helps:drink::D

Clean32
08-08-2007, 01:05
Kris, you doint have a baby do you LOL

kris
08-08-2007, 01:16
Kris, you doint have a baby do you LOL

no.why?

CatGirl
08-08-2007, 01:20
Clean32, are you sure he got the question right? ;)

Kris, I browse my favourite sites, chat with others or draw while listening to the Music.

Clean32
08-08-2007, 01:20
have baby = NO sleep LOL so no problem LOL

CatGirl
08-08-2007, 01:24
How old should be your baby to let you no sleep? (let's make everything clear)

kris
08-08-2007, 01:32
I browse my favourite sites, chat with others or draw while listening to the Music.

thats interesting.I like to do animation and banners because it's fun, it's a cheap way of getting what's in my mind onto film.I am not expert but learning.

CatGirl
08-08-2007, 01:36
This animation is cg-made. :)))

I'm crazy artist. :P I have loads of gigabytes of artworks.

CaveMan
08-08-2007, 08:35
hmmmmm what to do when I can't sleep....

Wake up the others and have a party !!!:farout:

jpexch2007
08-08-2007, 18:18
is to forget everything bad and only think of good things once you're in bed. This is normal... only good things can happen in bed!!! ;)

so let's keep it that way!

TK

Clean32
08-08-2007, 19:50
is to forget everything bad and only think of good things once you're in bed. This is normal... only good things can happen in bed!!! ;)

TK

LOL that depends on if she is a good thing or a log ?

sinan
04-09-2007, 21:02
Many solutions can be find out, but i think reading a book while you are laying down on a comfortable pillow is the best solution and always work, at least with me, but if you need to support it with a trick than just have a bowl of fruitfull yogurt before you begin to read, i bed you will not fall into sleep, more likely hibernation

ezik
04-09-2007, 21:13

TK

Agree. Some nice love-making before falling asleep is definitely the best way.

And on nights alone, a cool game on the playstation helps too. But then I mostly end up going to bed much later than planned.

ezik
04-09-2007, 21:14
This animation is cg-made. :)))

I'm crazy artist. :P I have loads of gigabytes of artworks.

So, you also do that cool manga-like stuff (telling from your avatar?)

Lisa Kiseleva
04-04-2009, 14:57
Its a problem really...and a book doesnt help...calm down and forget problems if it is possible

Natalia Suvorova
07-04-2009, 15:47
I advise relaxing in a hot both with pine extract or sea salt. The water temperature should not exceed 37 degrees calcium, and the procedure should not last longer than 10-15 minutes. After that you should go straight to bed. It will make you fall asleep like a baby.

rms455
07-04-2009, 15:49
Main causes of sleep disorder are mental stress and irregular lifestyle. I know coz I have suffered from it from as far as I could remember. Recently I found out a solution.
Dont sleep for one full day ...the next day you would feel sleepy as hell, so sleepy ,that even inspite of mental stress u would be able to fall asleep ...and once u are in the rhythm u automatically become disciplined and sleep when u want to ..its all about the rhythm.

however when i can't sleep i drink something warm like milk or occupy my time with something ..like watching tv or surfing the net till i feel sleepy...

Taking a warm shower helps some people.

Natalia Suvorova
07-04-2009, 15:52
Another piece of advice: fall asleep on your right side, having bent your knees slightly. This pose is considered to be best-fitted for the sleep the muscles do not get tense, and nothing disturbs the heart beat. Besides, it is very good for the snoring people, because snoring becomes less frequent.

MickeyTong
07-04-2009, 16:33
Another piece of advice: fall asleep on your right side, having bent your knees slightly. This pose is considered to be best-fitted for the sleep the muscles do not get tense, and nothing disturbs the heart beat. Besides, it is very good for the snoring people, because snoring becomes less frequent.

For anyone who's interested........
This is also the practice of fundamentalist Muslims, being the sunna tariqa of Mohammed.

marmite66
07-04-2009, 18:46
try the following:

1) Count sheep
2) Drink a very large glass of good cognac and eat a chicken sandwich
3) If you have a partner in bed with you wake him or her and demand sex in an unusual place i.e try it on the roof
4) Read 10 pages of a dull book, then in your head try to rewrite it
5) Plot your world domination
6) Count in your head all your former lovers, putting the ugly ones into one category and the attractive ones into another and so on
7) In this order do: 3, 2 and you will sleep
8) Go for a walk round your flat and do 10 situps, then listen to sounds of the sea on your ipod.
9) Imagine you are cutting the grass in an olympic stadium, in the nude while eating a large hotdog.
10) All of the above

:10475:

trebor
07-04-2009, 19:33
Try the old 5 knuckle shuffle. Apparently works a treat, not that i know, i always sleep like a baby! :10475:

MissAnnElk
07-04-2009, 21:07
Listen to Books on Tape in a foreign language.

Watch golf on TV.

I think the sex thing is the best answer, however.

marmite66
07-04-2009, 21:08
Try the old 5 knuckle shuffle. Apparently works a treat, not that i know, i always sleep like a baby! :10475:

Works everytime! :iagree:

also as Missann says watch some very boring sport like cricket, golf, curling, darts or NG and a documentary on the life of snails.

MickeyTong
07-04-2009, 21:20
I think the sex thing is the best answer, however.

With Trebor? According to his own report, he's so boring he falls asleep himself.

franzewich
07-04-2009, 23:20
I've got a better idea: Read the Russian PLAYBOY! That puts you asleep in an instant! :snoring:

Swordfish90293
08-04-2009, 00:36
Sleep problems are many times caused by dehydration. I try to drink plenty of water several hours before crashing. If you wake during the night, yogurt with all it's potassium is good. The second sleep it induces is blissful. Alcohol, even tough it may put one to sleep, is a diarretic, and will awaken you a few hours into a sound crash. Tylenol PM is good sometimes as well, as is vigorous sex...

Willy
08-04-2009, 12:50
I would have to get up and pee all night long.

Sex makes me dehydrated so I can't win.

Willy
08-04-2009, 12:55

Try laying face down with your arms at your side with just your feet hanging over the end of the bed. No tension this way either.

trebor
08-04-2009, 14:20
With Trebor? According to his own report, he's so boring he falls asleep himself.

...............another peice of advice, although again i can only say i have it on good authority, is that if you do it with your left hand it feels like someone else is doing it!

Enjoy! :Loco:

Helenita
02-06-2009, 22:12
So...if you sleep under the blanket. Throw it off! Then lie as long as you can without a blanket (a minute, 5 minutes, etc). When you feel that you gonna freeze try to sustain a little bit more...And only when you realise that you will get a cold if you don't cover yourself with a blanket use it. Oh, you will feel so warm and with a great feeling of happines will fall into sleep! ;)

tukiva
17-06-2009, 18:32
oh god, 2 pages of people's sorrow(((

i sleep like a baby, never have any problems with it. But i have a problem with waking up. It doesn't mean that i sleep after my alarm clock rings, no. It means that i jump out of bed with a first second of my alarm and start to wake up all people around saying that it s time to wake up or to do smth etc. (depends but i dunno from what-it is out of my control).

Do you have any reccomendations how to wake up slowly and quite? I am getting tired from this way of waking up. It is even worse than not to sleep at all!

Qdos
17-06-2009, 18:48
Do you have any reccomendations how to wake up slowly and quite? I am getting tired from this way of waking up. It is even worse than not to sleep at all!

Don't set your alarm clock, find a male you will wake you up every morning in a much more, errhm... 'sensual...' fashion... :cool:

J.D.
17-06-2009, 18:54
I just open one of my college text books. I don't have to actually read it, just opening it does the trick.

IGIT
17-06-2009, 19:28
read books or play games.

tukiva
18-06-2009, 11:30
Don't set your alarm clock, find a male you will wake you up every morning in a much more, errhm... 'sensual...' fashion... :cool:

'sensual' fashion works only at weekends.And what should i do during all these dark mornings befre weekend starts?

Willy
19-06-2009, 22:17
'sensual' fashion works only at weekends.And what should i do during all these dark mornings befre weekend starts?

Have me there on the weekdays!

You'll jump out if bed!

Qdos
19-06-2009, 22:24
Have me there on the weekdays!

You'll jump out if bed!

Oi... pimping my ride... :grind::p

Willy
19-06-2009, 22:28
Oi... pimping my ride... :grind::p

Hey I saw her first!!!

Mirka
19-06-2009, 23:09
oh god, 2 pages of people's sorrow(((

i sleep like a baby, never have any problems with it. But i have a problem with waking up. It doesn't mean that i sleep after my alarm clock rings, no. It means that i jump out of bed with a first second of my alarm and start to wake up all people around saying that it s time to wake up or to do smth etc. (depends but i dunno from what-it is out of my control).

Tukiva I really envy you and I really envy anybody who can sleep like you.
This is going to sounds really funny :) ...... but I sleep with earplugs and now days when the sun rise really early and fall really late even with the thing on my eyes cos I have very light sleep. I can fall asleep but any disturbance wake me up and it is pretty annoying.
But imagine...I have no problem to wake up in the morning immediately when the phone starts to ring. And I have my earplugs.

tukiva
22-06-2009, 15:49
Hey I saw her first!!!

sorry guys but i am already taken

Willy
23-06-2009, 00:28
sorry guys but i am already taken

So am I but what does that matter?

Never stopped me before.

Makes it more exciting anyway!

That's say Wed, 18:00 shall we?

tukiva
23-06-2009, 11:35
So am I but what does that matter?

Never stopped me before.

that's why you are dancing machine

Willy
23-06-2009, 12:13
YouTube- Jackson five-Blame it on the boogie

YouTube- The Jackson 5-Dancing Machine

ArtOzz
01-09-2009, 16:50
Couple of shots of Beluga does it for me!!!

FatAndy
01-09-2009, 17:29
2 ArtOzz:
Couple of shots of Beluga - you're right. Those shots are western (40 ml) or Russian (75 ml)? ;)

Max77
02-09-2009, 00:13
What do I do when cant sleep?
Tune to Expat.ru, perhaps!
:11033:

Grumpygummy
02-09-2009, 00:38
If i can't sleep at night, i sleep during the day - it helps wonderfully. But there's another problem: i can't fall asleep next night :-(

tvadim133
02-09-2009, 01:01
The same problem with me.

But I decided not to fight against my insomnia.

What I mean is that I always go to bed when it is necessary but get up at (7:00 8:00). So after some sleepless nights you are to sleep.

The only thing I fight against my desire to go to bed at 14:00 then....(no matter where I can be that time)............

Another but harmful way is to eat before going to bed (something full of carbohydrate and fat)....

Grumpygummy
02-09-2009, 01:31
Well... eating something before going to bed... It depends, of course.
As for me I often eat a yougurt or a sandwich before going to bed.. cos if I had my last meal, say, at 9 pm I'm usually a bit hungry by 3 am (bedtime). Something full of carbohydrate consumed not long before bedtime is certainly fattening (though I myself wouldn't mind a couple of kilos weight gain). Anyway if you can't resist a temptation to eat something around bedtime, why not submitting?

Qdos
02-09-2009, 09:23
A bit of Muffin' works for me... :p

Breknpoint
04-01-2010, 01:26
A strenuous workout in bed always helps. If that is not available, then several shots of quality liquor works just fine. Cheap moonshine gives me a hangover.

Yogagirl
04-01-2010, 09:52
it's good to go to bed at the same time - this is the best remedy! :-)

Also a glass of warm milk helps me...

You can try to focus on your breathing: inhale for count of 4, and exhale for count of 6 (exhalation should be longer then inhalations)

Hope it helps:))

quincy
04-01-2010, 10:00
"what u do when cant sleep?"

open the "what u do when cant sleep" expat.ru folder? :)

spmoscow
04-01-2010, 22:45
hmmmmm what to do when I can't sleep....

Wake up the others and have a party !!!:farout:

haha very bright idea! btw working hard in office automatically brings good sleep,isn't? weekends can be troubling but...

FlakeySnowballer
07-01-2010, 00:25
If you can't sleep don't sleep :beerbros: and don't worry about

roem
23-01-2010, 20:14
figure out why so that is does not happen anymore!

kirk10071
23-01-2010, 21:35
The best solution to insomnia is masturbation. Have at it, then turn off the movie, snuggle up under the covers and snooze away. All other solutions are from people who are just too shy to state the obvious. I wager, however, that it is the most popular remedy out there and everybody knows it.

Tversko
24-02-2010, 02:35
I eat.

tasel
24-02-2010, 11:06
If you find difficulties to fall asleep, just try have a cup of hot milk and then read some books, it will help for sure.
For me, i usually have a cup of coffee with milk and it really works for me, because i am used to it.

Darya Alexandrovna
24-02-2010, 11:51
Our brain properly rests if you go to sleep between 9-11pm; as a rule if you go to bed later only your body has a proper rest, but not brains!
The problem of insomnia comes from the head that is stuffed with thoughts and worries or stress too tightly. So the aim is - get rid of thoughts and really relax.
Boring books or TV shows can help you fall asleep but your worries will find you in dreams - heavy and tense and then will catch you in the morning.
Sex is a very nice way to relax, but what if you don't have smb to make love to?!
In this case my recipe is to have some excercise... for your belly, bottom, arms etc. dance, any sort of fitness. Excersises enrich your body with oxigen,and release your negative thoughts. Or you can clean your house - sorting some outer stuff helps you to sort smth inside yourself. And it is so pleasant to wake up in the morning in a tidy room/flat, feeling fit and energetic!
My best wishes!

:10220:

tasel
24-02-2010, 13:03
Also meditation helps a lot to relax, but its not so easy to meditate. As Dasha quoted, sex is also a wonderfull medicine to relax.

shurale
27-02-2010, 03:22
test

shurale
03-03-2010, 06:33
sic

sic

Is your wife's name Peggy?

shurale
03-03-2010, 06:37
Hey, it's small hours where I am and I am not asleep. I came home past midnight, I was awake in the bed for another 1 or longer, then I slept somewhat.
I will write and then I will post the result.

Benedikt
03-03-2010, 09:01
but i might sit in front of the computer and do expat:hooray: or yahoo.clever

FatAndy
03-03-2010, 11:38
This night was f...ing terrible. I've got cold, caughing, terrible pain in sore throat.
No help - neither from special candies, nor from antibiotics, nor from tea, nor from brandy, nor milk+honey... Just was lying in the bed and reading old books and IT/CE magazines. It's very funny - to read news about smth super-puper of 3 yo. :D

jeanbeans4
14-03-2010, 02:49

I read that it's also good bc the stomach naturally curves to the right.

Fibre
19-06-2010, 15:51
I found the Coca-Cola substitute, a beverage with eleutherococcus and some taiga herbs. It`s topes me up well

Lady Lana
20-06-2010, 21:28
Sleeping disorder can be a nuisance. My Mom used to say: "Can't sleep? Go do somethng useful like washing the floors". I still have this problem sometimes and normally I try to use some of the methods mentioned above. But when it gets really bad I take some nervine tea 2-3 hours before going to sleep. When the sleeping poblems are caused by stress, try to add some physical exercise.

AussieinMoscow
20-06-2010, 23:41
Like everyone else has said, sex is the best way. However when it's not an option... I put my headphones in, turn my Ipod up and dance around until I am literally falling asleep! It works for me :D

drwho
21-06-2010, 08:25

Many people shake hands with the old man (I do not of course ! :ignore:) they say it helps aid sleep. :jawdrop:

Aleonka
09-04-2011, 16:58
When I could not fall asleep I took my university lectures (especially something like "The theory of grammar" or even more boring), started to read them and - uuups, fell asleep in 10-15 minutes

Natella S.
02-06-2011, 17:47
Its a problem really...and a book doesnt help...calm down and forget problems if it is possible

It depends on the problem. Unfortnately, some problems you can't forget for a short time.

HSE/Environmental Pr
04-10-2011, 23:06
Take a book from the list of interest and get a "pleasure" of night, watch night TV till falling a sleep, be in chats or in forums untill sick and tired, etc.

sastan
09-10-2011, 11:26
watch a movie or tv,u will be asleep before u kno it

TGP
11-10-2011, 02:21
Right now I am thinking and writing about invasion of extra terrestrial ingelligence.
It is 2:20 AM.

Krolick
11-10-2011, 17:18
When I can't sleep, I don't :)

But if I know I have to sleep anyway, I start recollecting nice memories in my mind or let myself have some fantasies - like I am a different person with a different life and usually on the point where I finish imagining details of how I would look, what would I like and dislike.. - I fall asleep))

mikegulf
11-10-2011, 21:18
When I can't fall asleep I call 1-900 porn sites...not really, but it sounded good!!!!:tongue:

winner
12-10-2011, 02:22
A boring book or very serious book ...

Statkevich
10-11-2011, 16:43
That depends on the situation... if i really need to sleep but don't want, i'm trying one yoga thing: relax of the whole body. Concentrate on each part of the body and relax it.

But if i don't need then i just don't sleep:)