PDA

View Full Version : New banking rules?

Parco
10-03-2011, 09:59
Does anyone know if there have been new banking rules implemented recently?

Yesterday, I went to BSGV bank to ask them to close down my USD account and re-activate the RUR account. They then asked for my passport to be notarised in Russian, even though I have an account with them.

Has anyone else had similar issues with their bank?

SV1973a
10-03-2011, 10:58

Yesterday, I went to BSGV bank to ask them to close down my USD account and re-activate the RUR account. They then asked for my passport to be notarised in Russian, even though I have an account with them.

Yes, perfectly `normal`.
All banks require a notarised translation of your passport. If you change your status (get TRP, or PRP), you are also supposed to inform your bank about this.

Parco
10-03-2011, 14:00
- Where can I get it notarised?
- Can anyone recommend a place to get it done?
- How much is the going rate?

Thanks in advance :-)

Nobbynumbnuts
10-03-2011, 16:49
Yes, perfectly `normal`.
All banks require a notarised translation of your passport. If you change your status (get TRP, or PRP), you are also supposed to inform your bank about this.

I have opened a couple of bank accounts in Russia and never had to supply a notorised copy of my passport.

Often you get to talk to someone who's not sure of the rules and they make them up as they go along.
I'm sure there are other banks who don't require it. Sberbank have never asked me, that's for sure.

Benedikt
10-03-2011, 17:05
Yes, perfectly `normal`.
All banks require a notarised translation of your passport.
If you change your status (get TRP, or PRP), you are also supposed to inform your bank about this.

in all the years that i worked with them they never once asked for my AUSTRIAN passport to be translated, notarized or whatever. maybe because i am an Austrian :11629:citizen and it is an Austrian bank?:11629:

Parco
10-03-2011, 17:54
I'll try another branch ...if not, another bank.

SV1973a
10-03-2011, 17:58
I'll try another branch ...if not, another bank.

It is not a big deal.
Just have your passport translated, notarised and give it to them.
I had to do this in both banks where I have opened accounts. They explained this to me that they are legally obliged to do so.

joseyang
12-03-2011, 13:27

That looks very strange.. I was with BSGV since 2006, and they never asked me to do so.. Now I am with HSBC, they also never asked me to do so..
But I had reference letter from oversea original banks (like SG in France, or HSBC in other countries) when I opened my accounts.. I don't know if that makes any difference.. well, you can try BSGV's branch at Park Kulturiy.. If still the same, PM me..

ilya25
12-03-2011, 13:39

banks just need to varify your identity, apprerntly BSGV presfers to work with Russian documents:)