PDA

View Full Version : The Times New Fantasy Footie League - who is up for this?

Len Ganley Stance
06-08-2007, 23:17
The Times seem to have reacted to the fact that their Fantasy Football has always been crap compared to all the others available, and they've come up with quite an interesting concept (and it's free, for this year at least).

PlayTheGame - Fantasy Football. With Brains | Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/playthegame)

It's mini-league only, no overall league. You can have between 5-20 teams in your league. Each month the top three teams from all the mini-leagues are entered into a prize draw to win some prizes (that's prizes from The Times!).

Each premier league footballer can only be in one team in the mini-league! At the start you each rank the 440 odd players in terms of how much you want them, and the players are distributed amongst the teams based on your preferences (and an element of randomness). You each get a squad of 20, of which you need to have a starting 11 and 3 subs at any one time.

The points system is more complex, with player points being awarded for things like successfull passes and tackles as well as usual things like goals, assists, clean sheets. So that means the good players who don't actually score goals are actually worth getting. Your team points are then based on how many player points you got compared to the other teams in your league. (So with 10 teams the best team of the week gets 10 points and the worst gets 1 point).

You can swap (transfer) any of your players out with the 'out of contract' players at any point, and you can also arrange swap deals with other managers.

I've set up a mini-league if anyone's interested in signing up. The league name is Russian Expats Division 1and the password is expat. Only 20 teams max are allowed in each League. You need to have registered and ranked the players in terms of how much you want them by Friday, August 10th. I know that doesnít give people much time to look at it and register for the League but I only came across it this evening and the League starts on Saturday 11th anyway.

Iíve not read all of the rules yet but having had a quick look at it, you select how much you want the various players, and next Monday - n13th Augustour teams are generated based on how highly you wanted someone. So if we all put Ronaldo at the top of our lists only one of us is going to get him. But if you put Darren Bent at the top of your list, you're quite likely to get him as other people would have him a bit further down on their lists.

So move all the players you want towards the top of your list, and the players you don't want towards the bottom.

I think the initial rankings are generally based on performances last season so if players were injured like Cech was they might have scored fewer points than other players.

Also, remember that since points are awarded for passes, saves, tackles, catches etc and Cech generally doesn't have a lot to do all game he might not be the prize he is in traditional fantasy football. So defensive players for the lower clubs who are very busy during a game might not be the disasters you expect. (Although clean sheets and team performance do count for points as well).

My team, by the way is called - Motherwell Father Dead

Judge
07-08-2007, 09:11
Good idea,i'll sign up later .

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 10:03
Good lad Judge. I doubt if we'll get anywhere near 20 on here (that's the maximum number of teams, the Times allows in each League) to take part. It seems these days that the only people regularly posting about footie is you, kste22 and me. It sounds like the 'Clean-man' is more into his rugby, but he might be up for a bit of fun - plus he can get his post count up as he seems to want to win that PC (just kidding!!!!:))

The more teams that are in this the more competitive it becomes as the teams are selected not by the entrant but by the Times, super-duper computer system and as I said in my earlier note, if we all put down Ronaldo at the top of our lists, only one of the Managers (chosen randomly by the Times) will get him. (Len Ganley Stance makes note to self : Stick Stevie Gerrard at the top of list to spite Judge and kste - just joking, or am I?)

If there is a lack of interest, maybe what we should do then is put a couple of teams in each, but let's see how it goes and make a decision on Friday morning or something. We might be surprised and be innudated with people who want to sign up and then have lots of bother by teams who don't get in before the maximum 20 team per League limit is reached.

Judge
07-08-2007, 10:24
Keep you hands off Gerrard!!!!!
You're right, if we only get a few guys playing then we could have a few teams each., this will give YOU more of a chance.

kste22
07-08-2007, 10:34
Nice one Len, signed up!!!

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 10:35
Keep you hands off Gerrard!!!!!
You're right, if we only get a few guys playing then we could have a few teams each., this will give YOU more of a chance.

Judge,

You know my feelings towards Liverpool FC, so it would be completely against any scruples I have in picking a single Liverpool player let alone packing my list of preferences with a bunch of underachievers :)

On the otherhand, I can visualise you biting the bullet and putting a few United players on your list. The one I would go for if I was you is Darren Fletcher who - you may not have noticed - was wearing white boots in the Community Shield on Sunday. White boots are usually only worn by players with a few tricks up their sleeves. Fletcher must have been working over the Summer in adding at least one trick to his armory.

kste22
07-08-2007, 10:45
Under achiver's, just think Josemi that much vaunted and admired ex liverpool full back and the ever relaible Djmi Traore has the same amount of European cup medals as Neville Neville's older son!

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 10:45
I picked the following up from the Times website this morning. It gives detailed info on how the game works -

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Football at the top level is a game of squads rather than teams - and now, so is fantasy football, thanks to PlayTheGame. This season, you can rotate your forwards, change your line-up to suit the opposition or to allow for injuries and suspensions, pick up out-of-contract players and even negotiate transfers with other managers.

In other fantasy leagues, any team could have any player depending on a transfer budget - so everybody owned Thierry Henry, which was not very realistic. In your PlayTheGame league, as in the real world, there will be only one Wayne Rooney, or Frank Lampard, and only one team can own him. Like the Premier League, your fantasy league will have a maximum of 20 teams, and the top-flight players will be distributed among them. What is more, the higher you rate a player, the more likely he is to end up in your team.

Each team will be allocated 20 players, of which 14 will be active at any one time. The players must fit into a 4-4-2 system of goalkeeper, right back, two centre backs, left back, right midfield, two centre midfielders, left midfield, and two forwards. The three extra active players - the substitutes - are a defender, a midfield player, and a forward.

Players can only be used in a position for which they are eligible. For example, at the moment you can only use Joleon Lescott of Everton as a centre back. But if he plays a Premier League match at left-back, he can play there for you too for the rest of the season.

It is not difficult to PlayTheGame but it is unlike any other fantasy football game. First, you will need to either create or join a league and then the fun starts.

PLAYER ALLOCATION RANKINGS:
On this page you will see a list of all the available Premier League players. When your league was created, a date was set for players to be allocated to teams by the game computer. There is a random element in the computer's choice of the order of teams, but after that, each fantasy manager has a considerable influence over which players come his or her way. This is your chance to alter the pre-set rankings, which are based on last season's performances in the case of established players, or on predicted fantasy performance in the case of players new to the Premier League.

Because the other managers in your league will also be ranking their players, these moves do not guarantee that you will be allocated the players you want, but they improve your chances considerably. It is worth bearing in mind that the computer will make sure it fills your 14 team slots before it allocates your reserves. So depending on how your competitors' lists are ranked you may not have a particularly well-balanced bench.

TEAM MANAGEMENT
Once the players have been allocated, you can pick your team for the opening weekend of the season. You can make team changes between Saturday's matches and Sunday's games, and again before the midweek matches. BUT BEWARE - each slot in your team can only be used 38 times. So if you have Lucas Neill in your team's right back position for West Ham's home game with Manchester City on Saturday August 11, then replace him with Gary Neville to take advantage of Manchester United's home game with Reading the following day, you have only 36 more starts for that position - yet every Premiership club has 37 matches still to play. Careful scrutiny of the fixture lists will be required to see where your resources can best be deployed.

The size of your squad may allow you to negotiate injuries, suspensions and loss of form - but you have two other recourses. First, there is the unallocated player pool. You can drop an under-performing player and sign a replacement. Or you can negotiate a player exchange deal with another manager in your league.

SCORING CATEGORIES
PlayTheGame strives to capture the true value of players by tracking a number of statistical categories as well as qualifying those performances with the ultimate judge of any performance: the result. In order to capture the truest measure of all the players on the pitch, we have split the starting XI into two groups - one consisting of a goalkeeper and four defenders whose primary task is to stop the opposition from scoring and one covering the midfield players and forwards whose primary task tends to be the scoring of goals - and tailored their statistics accordingly.

Goalkeepers and defenders score points in five categories: clean sheets; goals/assists (goalkeepers can score goals - remember Paul Robinson's against Watford last season); defence; average goals against; and team points. The first two are self-explanatory. Defence combines interceptions, catches, blocks, saves and successful passes.

Average Goals Against reflects the number of goals per 90 minute game the player's team concedes while he is on the pitch. So that if David James plays the full 90 minutes of a 2-0 defeat, his average goals per game score is 2. If he keeps a clean sheet in his next game, his average drops to 1. If he concedes a goal in the first half of his next game, and is substituted at half time, the arithmetic gets more complicated - luckily the website does the calculations for you. (1.2, in case you haven't worked it out).

Points represents the number of points gained by the team in any match in which the player appears. So if he is brought on as a 94th-minute substitute to waste time with the team leading 1-0 and does not even touch the ball, he still collects three points.

Midfielders and forwards also score in five categories: goals, assists, successful passes, average goals for and points. The Average Goals For stat reflects goals scored while the player is on the field, again pro-rated over 90 minutes. The Points stat works in the same way as for defenders and goalkeepers.

SCORING SYSTEM
PlayTheGame uses a Rotisserie Scoring system, a name that has less to do with the roasting of chickens than the name of the restaurant where a group of supporters invented it.

Under this approach, teams are ranked from first to last in each statistical category with the highest point total available in a single category equal to the number of teams participating in the league. The lowest point total available for that category is equal to one. Thus, in a ten-team league, if a manager is leading in Clean Sheets, she is granted 10 points. If she is ranked second in Clean Sheets, she is granted 9 points, etc. down to 1 point for the manager who has the fewest Clean Sheets. This is done for all ten categories. The manager's overall score is determined by summing up the manager's points in each category. The manager with the highest overall score is in first place.

Therefore, the maximum number of points that a team in a ten-team league can earn is 100 (equal to the number of scoring categories (10), multiplied by the number of teams in the league (10)).

In the case of a tie, each team receives an average of the total points due i.e. in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in Clean Sheets, each would receive 9.5 points [(10 + 9) / 2 = 9.5].

Thus, to find a team's total score on a particular date, one must review their ranking in each of the league's chosen categories. The accumulation of points and the constantly changing table in leagues using rotisserie scoring is something that takes a little getting used to but will also keep many a manager mesmerised by the many possible routes to future success.

As you can see, PlayTheGame is the most sophisticated online football game yet devised, and requires Jose Mourinho's gift for squad management, Arsene Wenger's eye for a player, and Harry Redknapp's ability to wheel, deal and pick up a bargain. We are confident that this will be your most complete fantasy football experience ever. All you have to do now is think of a team name - and PlayTheGame.

exprumos
07-08-2007, 11:24
Jesus wept, Len, but this looks complicated. I'll have a butchers, and get back to you.

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 11:39
Jesus wept, Len, but this looks complicated. I'll have a butchers, and get back to you.

The only bit I think is complicated is the bit I've highlighted below from the Team Management section -

Once the players have been allocated, you can pick your team for the opening weekend of the season. You can make team changes between Saturday's matches and Sunday's games, and again before the midweek matches. BUT BEWARE - each slot in your team can only be used 38 times. So if you have Lucas Neill in your team's right back position for West Ham's home game with Manchester City on Saturday August 11, then replace him with Gary Neville to take advantage of Manchester United's home game with Reading the following day, you have only 36 more starts for that position - yet every Premiership club has 37 matches still to play. Careful scrutiny of the fixture lists will be required to see where your resources can best be deployed.

It's a bit like the 'Timed Changes' you used to do when you did the Telegraph's online game. Remembering that rule is going to be a pain but could be make-or-break to winning it or not. It's only a bit of fun though.

exprumos
07-08-2007, 11:45
Done, the Moscow Blizzards are registered.

exprumos
07-08-2007, 11:46
It's a bit like the 'Timed Changes' you used to do when you did the Telegraph's online game. Remembering that rule is going to be a pain but could be make-or-break to winning it or not. It's only a bit of fun though.

Yeah, I miss that game, to be honest.

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 12:43
We have three teams registered so far. Judge will be in as well, so 16 more places up for grabs.

Come on people, it's a bit of fun.

Judge
07-08-2007, 13:38
The computer does my team for me?i ranked a few players,is that all i do,when can i put them in place.

Judge
07-08-2007, 13:39
it says Allocation Date Fri. August 10, 2007,so on friday i get to choose some players.

Judge
07-08-2007, 13:41
By the way, my team is Roman, not named after the Chelsea owner but named after my dog.

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 14:22
By the way, my team is Roman, not named after the Chelsea owner but named after my dog.

LOL - Is that the same dog that ate your homework - 'Sorry Sir, a Chelsea fan ate my homework'

On your squad selection, make sure you read that 'What Happens Next' thing I posted earlier and I also suggest that you read the complete set of rules which you can find on the game's site. It's rather long winded though and I haven't read through it all as yet.

Here's a quick snippet from the rules on how players are allocated -

Team Ordering (rule 11.2) - Each Team in the League will be ordered by being assigned a number between 1 and the number of Teams in the League i.e. 1 to 10 if there are 10 Teams in the League. The ordering is done randomly by an automated process.

Player Allocation (rule 11.3) - Premier League players are allocated to each Team on the basis of the player ranking assigned by the entrant, and the entrant order assigned by the Game. So the top-ordered Team will be allocated their top- ranked player. The second in order Team will be allocated their top-ranked player, unless he has already been allocated. Once each Team has been allocated one player, the ranking is reversed, so the last ordered Team will be allocated the next player, and then backwards through the Team order. Player allocation will also be made on the basis of that player's position until each Team has a complete Team in a 4-4-2 formation as well as three position-specific substitutes, with priority being given to position over player ranking. For instance, if a Team has been allocated 5 midfielders (consisting of a left midfielder, 2 central midfielders, a right midfielder and one additional midfielder from any midfield position) and 6 defenders and goalkeepers (consisting of a goalkeeper, a left back, 2 central defenders, a right back and one more defensive player from any of these positions), but no forwards, the next player allocated to that Team must be a forward, no matter that the entrant has ranked another midfielder more highly. The final result of the player allocation process is that each Team will have a squad of 20 players which will be formed of at least 5 midfielders, 6 defenders/goalkeepers and 3 forwards.

The above is all done by the Game's Computer system, so, it is very important that you rank your players and the points scored are calculated automatically by the game's website within four hours of the last Eligible Game on each day that an Eligible Game is played. Obviously, points are scored in Premier League games ONLY.

We have 4 teams so far -

Motherwell Father Dead
Moscow Blizzards
Poorscousertommies
Roman FC

Judge
07-08-2007, 14:32
If nobody else joins we should do another team .Gotta say Len, the old system is much easier.You get an amount to spend on 11 players and you can make transfers once a month.Give it time and i'll get the hang of this.

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 15:40
If nobody else joins we should do another team .Gotta say Len, the old system is much easier.You get an amount to spend on 11 players and you can make transfers once a month.Give it time and i'll get the hang of this.

Give us all time and we'll get the hang of it. This is the first time they've done this so we're all starting from the same base. I have to say although it looks complicated it does have a lot of very sensible features.

As they say in their spiel - In other fantasy leagues, any team could have any player depending on a transfer budget - so everybody owned Thierry Henry, which was not very realistic. In your PlayTheGame league, as in the real world, there will be only one Wayne Rooney, or Frank Lampard, and only one team can own him.

WE NEED MORE TEAMS and as you probably still post over on the 'dark-side' (redtape.ru), maybe you could put the word out to some of the footie fans over there and tell them that we're running this over here and maybe they'd like to have a look. I wouldn't reckon that certain individuals over there, who will remain nameless, would be interested though as they won't be able to make the rules up as they go along :ignore:. Hell, they'll probably go as far as copying what we're doing over here.

Judge
07-08-2007, 16:22
:vader::vader:No bending rules on this one, the rules are so complicated, noone will know where to start.

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 17:19
We have another team signed up -

Kiev United

Welcome aboard

Can the Team Manager tell me what his login on here is?

Judge
07-08-2007, 17:32
How many teams do we need so we can be allocation a date???

Here's what it says..

''IMPORTANT: All owners are responsible for finding a league that fills prior to the start of the season. If your league does not have the specified numbers of teams 24 hours prior to the scheduled player allocation date, your player allocation date will be postponed.''

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 17:42
We need 5. The rules say -

To be valid and to allow its members to be eligible to have the opportunity to win prizes, Leagues must consist of a minimum of five (5) Teams and maximum of twenty (20) Teams. The Chairman sets the required number of Teams for each League.

It goes onto say -

(a) Prior to August 10, 2007, if a League has not acquired the set number of Teams 24 hours prior to the player allocation date, the player allocation will be postponed until August 10, 2007. If on that date, the specified number of Teams has not been formed, but there are more than 5 Teams, the player allocation will take place. If there are fewer than 5 Teams, the player allocation date will be postponed by a week. If a player allocation is postponed, the Chairman will be informed by email.

I set the number at the maximum of 20 though but if we have more than five the allocation happens on the date shown (August 10th)

Judge
07-08-2007, 17:49
Nice one...Lets give it another day, maybe others will join,if noone does we could make another team.

exprumos
07-08-2007, 17:49
We have another team signed up -

Kiev United

Welcome aboard

Can the Team Manager tell me what his login on here is?

I think you'll find that it is Unlucky Alf from the far side. I don't know his login over here.

Len Ganley Stance
08-08-2007, 07:35
For all of those entering teams, here's a useful tool that might help with the process of ranking your players. It's a website tht reports who is injured from each Premier League team and the date they are likely to return from injury -

PhysioRoom.com Injury League Table - Sports Injury Products & Physiotherapy Advice (http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php)

Len Ganley Stance
08-08-2007, 12:21
Judge,

Did you get any positive responses from the guys over on the 'dark side' about putting teams in?

We're still stuck on 5 teams and it would be good to have at least the same number again.

Whatever happened to all of the footie fans that used to be on here?

I 'ranked' my players last night.

Judge
08-08-2007, 17:16
Yep, i posted the link of redtape,only Unlucky Alf signed up.
How many times can you rank players?

Len Ganley Stance
08-08-2007, 17:42
How many times can you rank players?

I'm not sure what you mean. Put it this way, I went through the list and ranked the top 75 I think are the best players or are players I'd want in my team. It's easy to do and doesn't actually take too much time.

Judge
08-08-2007, 18:22
I'm not sure what you mean. Put it this way, I went through the list and ranked the top 75 I think are the best players or are players I'd want in my team. It's easy to do and doesn't actually take too much time.
I just ranked my players once(i know it sounds rude:reindeer:)is there a limit on how many times you can rank the players.....

Len Ganley Stance
08-08-2007, 19:42
No, you can Rank your players as many times as you want to before the deadline.

I imagine that you'll be 'ranking' Steven Gerrard a lot between now and then. Try saying that in a Chinese accent.

Judge
08-08-2007, 19:52
Only a fool wouldn't want Gerrard in his team.:reindeer:

Len Ganley Stance
08-08-2007, 20:34
Well only one fool will get him because of the rules.

Judge
08-08-2007, 20:44
I shifted loads of Liverpool players into the top 10,more chance for everyone.

Len, only one made it from redtape,Braders is having a rest from fantasy footy and skyman must be putting up some dishes somewhere.

Len Ganley Stance
08-08-2007, 21:00
I shifted loads of Liverpool players into the top 10,more chance for everyone.

Len, only one made it from redtape,Braders is having a rest from fantasy footy and skyman must be putting up some dishes somewhere.

I reckon that kste will have a few Liverpool players in his top ten as well. I actually don't have, not because I don't rate them but because I reckoned that exactly what you and kste would do.

We still only have five teams, which is a bit disappointing. Do you know Unlucky Alf? I have no idea what his login here is. What I was thinking of was maybe seeing if the five of us who have put teams in would be interested in entering two teams each so we'd have at least ten teams. I'd like to get everyone's agreement first though before doing it and if we agree I'll just reduce the maximum number of teams on Friday accordingly.

What about the guy who used to be on here - Scouser - does he still post on redtape? Maybe if he does you could PM him and Unlucky Alf and see if they're interested?

The more teams we have the more interesting it will be.

I'm out of here now probably until the morning so if you have any bright ideas we'll converse in the morning.

Len Ganley Stance
09-08-2007, 11:52
Gentlemen Members of the League - all five of us that is!!!!!

This morning I received the following email from the Admins of the Fantasy Footie -

'Player allocation for your league has been postponed because the league is not yet full. Please log in to see your new allocation date and remember to review your player rankings in the meantime.

You may need to send out more invitations to fill your league or reduce the number of teams your league is set for.

Alternatively, you can leave this league and join or create a new one, but remember that leagues must be full before player allocation can take place.

PlayTheGame team

I have logged in and the Allocation date has not changed is still showing tomorrow (August 10th).

The rules (as I posted earlier) say -

(a) Prior to August 10, 2007, if a League has not acquired the set number of Teams 24 hours prior to the player allocation date, the player allocation will be postponed until August 10, 2007. If on that date, the specified number of Teams has not been formed, but there are more than 5 Teams, the player allocation will take place. If there are fewer than 5 Teams, the player allocation date will be postponed by a week. If a player allocation is postponed, the Chairman will be informed by email.

Perhaps the message was sent to us because of what seems (to me, but I'm Irish) a contradiction in the passges I've outlined above.

What I propose is the following - we'll assume that the Allocation Date is still tomorrow unless, of course, we hear to the contrary.

But

If the Allocation does not happen tomorrow and is therefore automatically put back by a week, and assuming that we don't get any more than the disappointing 5 teams we currently have, then we can do one of two things -

1) Each of us enter a second team and we reduce our Maximum Number of teams accordingly. I'd prefer that everyone puts a second team in as it will eliminate people saying it's unfair that only some people have two bites of the Cherry.

2) I'll put an extra team in and again, to be on the safe side, reduce our Maximum Teams to 6, but as far as 'Player Ranking' is concerned, move all of the players from the top of the list to the bottom and vice versa with the players from the bottom, so it should mean that this extra team will get the lowest ranked players. We can then pull that team out of the League as we only need 5 teams participating for the League to be 'active'. Knowing my luck, this team will probably outscore my 'real' team.

Any bright ideas you guys might have (unlikely I know :)) would be appreciated.

Judge
09-08-2007, 12:02
It still says Allocation Date: Fri. August 10, 2007 ,if anything changes we could put in another team each.

Len Ganley Stance
09-08-2007, 12:11
It still says Allocation Date: Fri. August 10, 2007 ,if anything changes we could put in another team each.

I'd go along with that but only if we all do. As I said earlier we don't want people complaining that they only had one bite of the Cherry.

exprumos
09-08-2007, 12:19
Len,
We could combine the two suggestions:
- We all put in a second team, but,
- We all reverse the rankings for our second team, and then let the bloody computer sort it out, giving us all, theoretically, a good team that we more or less chose, and a bad team made up of players from the bottom 100 in the rankings.

Although that could get embarrassing if the crappy teams start to outscore our chosen teams.

Len Ganley Stance
09-08-2007, 12:37
Len,
We could combine the two suggestions:
- We all put in a second team, but,
- We all reverse the rankings for our second team, and then let the bloody computer sort it out, giving us all, theoretically, a good team that we more or less chose, and a bad team made up of players from the bottom 100 in the rankings.

Although that could get embarrassing if the crappy teams start to outscore our chosen teams.

That's an excellent idea and with Judge's 'reverse logical thought process' :), it will probably mean that his 'second team' will start as Favourites.

Let's leave if for the moment though and see if the Allocation does take place tomorrow as the date still shows. If it doesn't it means that the date will be put back by a week anyway and we can sort it next week. Hopefully 'Unlucky Alf' the mystery man might have made a reappearnce in the meantime so we can see what he says. I'm sure that Judge and Kste will go along with your idea.

Judge
10-08-2007, 12:49
Len, we have been given some players.Do we need to choose our best 11 from what we were given???I can't see an option to do this..

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 13:12
Judge,

I haven't received anything. Did you get an email or what?

On your question anyway - your team should have 20 players. You have to choose 14 from them so 11 and 3 subs in other words.

Your starting 11 has to comprise of the following

GK
RB
LB
CB x 2
RM
CM x 2
LM
FOR x 2

Your subs have to be made up of the following -

1 from either GK / RB / CB or LB
1 from either RM / CM or LM
and 1 FOR

All of the 14 players you select from the 20 score points (only if they actually play obviously)

Did you actually read the rules?

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:17
Not checked my emails yet, but i've been selected these players..and it's given me info on players who are injured..

Reina, Jose Manuel GK LIV AST (A) Active GK
Bent, Darren FOR TOT SUN (A) Active FOR
Crouch, Peter FOR LIV AST (A) Active FOR
Gerrard, Steven FOR LIV AST (A) Active FOR
Kalou, Salomon FOR CHE - Active FOR
Shevchenko, Andriy FOR CHE - Active FOR
Voronin, Andriy FOR LIV AST (A) Active FOR
Brown, Wes CB MAN - Active CB
Dunne, Richard CB MCY WHM (A) Active CB
Mellberg, Olof CB AST LIV (H) Active CB
Neill, Lucas CB WHM MCY (H) Active CB
O'Shea, John CB MAN - Active CB
Yobo, Joseph CB EVE WIG (H) Active CB
Alonso, Xabi CM LIV AST (A) Active CM
Makelele, Claude CM CHE - Active CM
Cole, Ashley LB CHE - Active LB
Hoyte, Justin LB ARS - Active LB
Taylor, Matthew LB POR DER (A) Active LB
Downing, Stewart LM MID BIR (H) Active LM
Pennant, Jermaine RM LIV AST (A) Active RM

= There is current news about this player (click to view)

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:19
Nope, no email from there, just one from you.

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:20
and here's a list of your players..

Cech, Petr GK CHE - Active GK
van der Sar, Edwin GK MAN - Active GK
Adebayor, Emmanuel FOR ARS - Active FOR
Agbonlahor, Gabriel FOR AST LIV (H) Active FOR
Drogba, Didier FOR CHE - Active FOR
Tevez, Carlos FOR MAN - Active FOR
van Persie, Robin FOR ARS - Active FOR
Ferreira, Paulo CB CHE - Active CB
Hunt, Nicky CB BOL NEW (H) Active CB
Ingimarrson, Ivar CB REA - Active CB
Vidic, Nemanja CB MAN - Active CB
Bentley, David CM BLA MID (A) Active CM
Cole, Joe CM CHE - Active CM
Hleb, Alexander CM ARS - Active CM
Rosicky, Tomas CM ARS - Active CM
Scholes, Paul CM MAN - Active CM
Evra, Patrice LB MAN - Active LB
Lennon, Aaron LM TOT SUN (A) Active LM
Neville, Gary RB MAN - Active RB

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:24
For now it's not letting us select our starting 11,maybe later on in the day.
If you see an option for this let me know.

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 13:32
Judge,

Whereabouts should I be looking for that on the website?

My team page shows the exact same as it did yesterday?

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:35
click on where it says League at the top, then you will see a league table on the right,click on your team and it will come up with a list of 20 players.

Maybe, it is just telling us the players we have for now because we can still rank players..

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:42
Any luck??? or am i just looking at something that was already there.

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 13:49
No luck. My screen still shows my player ranking screen. The one that reads -

Motherwell Father Dead PLAYER ALLOCATION RANKINGS

What doe the screen you're reading say?

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:55
On the homepage, click where it says your team name,that will put you on the league page,on the right you will see a league table click on your name and a list of players will come up.

This is the page you want, click on your team in the league.

PlayTheGame - Fantasy Football. With Brains | Times Online (http://playthegame.timesonline.co.uk/soccer/reports/league_home.asp)

Judge
10-08-2007, 13:56
Try this one...

PlayTheGame - Fantasy Football. With Brains | Times Online (http://playthegame.timesonline.co.uk/soccer/reports/view_lineup.asp?Team=57595)

Judge
10-08-2007, 14:01
Any luck???

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 14:35
Judge,

Ok, just got it. Going by what the screen shows, I only have 4 players out of 20 playing tomorrow, the rest are playing on Sunday.

What's strange about it is as well is that according to my list of players, I have no Right Midfielder, yet in the Rankings, David Bentley is shown as an RM but on the team list is shown as a Central Midfielder. Bit confusing but no worries. I have to say that I'm relatively happy with my team except for ending up with a Central Defender that plays for Reading. He will be spending a lot of time in my non-active players.

Judge
10-08-2007, 14:39
I have a few missing like a LM, I'm trying to get Giggs.Lets see how it pans out over the weekend.
I have loads of players playing tomorrow:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Half of my team is made up from Liverpool players,so if we win,i'll do pretty good.

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 15:11
I haven't got a single Liverpool player in my 20 man squad. Hurrah!

That was actually more by luck than design though.

Judge
10-08-2007, 15:14
If we don't pick our best 11 then there's not much skill in it.The computer does all the work.I didn't even pick half of the players in my team.I'm not complaining because i have some decent players,but i think the old system is better.

Judge
10-08-2007, 15:15
I haven't got a single Liverpool player in my 20 man squad. Hurrah!

That was actually more by luck than design though.

You will regret not having any Liverpool players.

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 15:30
Judge / Everyone else,

Check your team page now. It's changed you can now select the players you want to play.

Good Luck everyone

Judge
10-08-2007, 15:57
Liverpool must win, i've got 5 players upfront from them.
Len, good way of doing things is this, gets you more involved,

If i remember,you can only change a player 35 times in the season.

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 16:25
If i remember,you can only change a player 35 times in the season.

Judge,

NO. You can only use a 'Position' (in the playing 11 in other words) 38 Times during the season.

A tad confusing at the moment but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it. Eventually.

Judge
10-08-2007, 16:41
Judge,

NO. You can only use a 'Position' (in the playing 11 in other words) 38 Times during the season.

A tad confusing at the moment but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it. Eventually.

Ok, makes sense.In my eyes ,there's not much point in playing players who are playing on sunday,just before the games on sunday i'll stick in a few mancs and chelsea players.
The main thing is to keep the players you want high up on the ranking list.

Judge
10-08-2007, 16:42
Another thing, is there a way to see what other team members have picked??

this is my team..

Darren Bent
FOR Tottenham Hotspur
Peter Crouch
FOR Liverpool

Andriy Voronin
LM Liverpool
Steven Gerrard
CM Liverpool
Xabi Alonso
CM Liverpool
Jermaine Pennant
RM Liverpool

Ashley Cole
LB Chelsea
Joseph Yobo
CB Everton
Richard Dunne
CB Manchester City
Lucas Neill
RB West Ham United

Jose Manuel Reina

I might change it ,not sure on Voronin playing, we can change just before the kick off.

Len Ganley Stance
10-08-2007, 16:48
[QUOTE=Judge;275255]Another thing, is there a way to see what other team members have picked??

Not as far as I can figure out. Mind you, this week (ok, before anyone else says it - every week) it's been difficult to differentiate between my a*se and my elbow.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the day.

Have a good one.

exprumos
10-08-2007, 16:51
I forgot how complicated this thing is.
Teams done for the weekend.
Any scousers want to trade for Gabriel Heinze who somehow ended up in my team!! :) Only joking.
All the rest I am happy enough with.

Judge
10-08-2007, 16:52
[QUOTE=Judge;275255]Another thing, is there a way to see what other team members have picked??

Not as far as I can figure out. Mind you, this week (ok, before anyone else says it - every week) it's been difficult to differentiate between my a*se and my elbow.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the day.

Have a good one.
Get back on the beer,it will clear your head..

Have a good session.

Judge
10-08-2007, 16:53
I forgot how complicated this thing is.
Teams done for the weekend.
Any scousers want to trade for Gabriel Heinze who somehow ended up in my team!! :) Only joking.
All the rest I am happy enough with.

It's understandable now( a bit),best not to pick Heinze, i recon he wont play.
I made my team for saturdays games and i'll chnage a few players for sundays games.

Judge
12-08-2007, 11:44
Shouldn't the scores be up for yesterdays games.

Judge
13-08-2007, 13:07
Here's the league table..

Main PTS
Moscow Blizzards 33.5
Roman FC 33.5
Poorscousertommies 32
Kiev United 29.5
Motherwell Father De... 21.5

Looking good Len,long way to go,anything can happen.

Len Ganley Stance
13-08-2007, 14:12
Judge,

It's a marathon not a sprint.

Moscow Blizzards will be free falling down the table now that Rooney is out for a minimum of six weeks.

Tevez will be rushed into the first team now and should play against Portsmouth on Wednesday.

Drogba should also start against Reading this week.

The thing that surprised me over the weekend was Chelsea conceding two goals at home to Birmingham. Fair play to Mourinho though, he did play with two wide players. It was a good game.

United just couldn't stick the ball in the back of the net yesterday but these things happen.

I didn't see your game but saw the goals. Even Alan Hansen said that the 'foul' on Gerrard that led up to your winner was never a foul. What the f*ck was Carragher doing giving away that penalty. It was almost as bad as Lehmann gifting David Healy's goal for Fulham.

Judge
13-08-2007, 14:20
Can we rank our players again, i can't seem to find that option,but for now i'm happy with the players i have.The one thing that might screw me up is changing the position ,i've already changed a few,it's all good,makes the game more fun.We will be given a new bunch of players???I know rules are there to be read,but ,i'm a busy bee..
Alan Hansen says alot of crap,great player but he comes out with some s*it,you never have thought he was an ex Lpool player.
Carra, well,no one is perfect.

Chelsea,well they have Terry out and without him they are weak at the back,it's a good chance for Liverpool to pick up 3 points from them .

exprumos
13-08-2007, 14:51
I was watching the match, and no way was it a free. Gerrard just turned and barged into other guy.

Anyway, swings and roundabouts.

I think that the scores up there are not the full weekend scores. wait and see.

now i have rooney AND heinze. bugger.

Len Ganley Stance
13-08-2007, 14:55
Can we rank our players again, i can't seem to find that option,but for now i'm happy with the players i have.The one thing that might screw me up is changing the position ,i've already changed a few,it's all good,makes the game more fun.We will be given a new bunch of players???I know rules are there to be read,but ,i'm a busy bee..

No. That's it as far as the ranking is concerned.

Judge
13-08-2007, 15:22
I was watching the match, and no way was it a free. Gerrard just turned and barged into other guy.

Anyway, swings and roundabouts.

I think that the scores up there are not the full weekend scores. wait and see.

now i have rooney AND heinze. bugger.

I read in the rules that scores will be updated at around 2am each night.
Saturday night scores didn't come in untill early monday morning.

Len Ganley Stance
14-08-2007, 12:01
Here's the league table..

Main PTS
Moscow Blizzards 33.5
Roman FC 33.5
Poorscousertommies 32
Kiev United 29.5
Motherwell Father De... 21.5

Looking good Len,long way to go,anything can happen.

I read in the rules that scores will be updated at around 2am each night.
Saturday night scores didn't come in untill early monday morning.

I have to say that the Latest League table is looking a lot better today -

Kiev United 34 points
Motherwell Father Dead 31.5
Moscow Blizzards 30.5
Roman FC 27.5
Powerscousertommies 26.5

It would appear that Sunday was not a good day for the Liverpool lads

Judge
14-08-2007, 20:47
For some strange reason i dropped points...:grind::grind:

Len Ganley Stance
16-08-2007, 09:49
16/08/07 Latest League Table looks like this...........

Motherwell Father Dead 34.5
Kiev United 32.5
Poorscousertommies 29
Roman FC 29
Moscow Blizzards 25

Some big games on this weekend and some big questions will be asked.......

Will the three match suspension that Cristiano Ronaldo will now serve see Kiev United dropping points?

Will Wayne Rooney's enforced absence force Moscow Blizzard's into the transfer market?

With 9 players from Liverpool and Chelsea in his squad and with the teams meeting each other on Sunday, will Judge's better half's weekend be ruined by him spending the whole weekend in front of his pc trying to come up with the best permutation for Roman FC?

Will Poorscousertommies manager be fretting that another Everton win will be three out of three for the Toffees? The question he should really be asking is why the hell he has two Middlesbro players in his team.

With the most impressive strike force in the League, what strike force will Motherwell Father Dead employ?

and finally..........

Will Manchester United ever win a game of football again.

Judge
16-08-2007, 12:55
You should be a tv pundit.
My team needs a few changes,UTD dropping points is not helping my fantasy team,but it's helping out in the real world..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Len Ganley Stance
16-08-2007, 13:58
You should be a tv pundit.

Even I don't talk that much b*llocks. Well maybe I don't.

My team needs a few changes,UTD dropping points is not helping my fantasy team,but it's helping out in the real world..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Considering you have Wes and O'Shea you should consider yourself lucky you haven't dropped more points.

Tough game for United, away to on-form, City at the weekend and hopefully Kaspar Mini-Schmeicel will be just like his Dad on Sunday. A Man United hero!

Judge
16-08-2007, 14:02
Yeah, i never knew about Kaspar Mini-Schmeicel until yesterday,my brother told me,it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
Utd could drop more points,but i'm waiting for a backlash,it's just like UTD to go on a 10 game winning streak.Utd have a dip in form but it wont last for long,it's bloody Chelsea who i'm worried about,if they beat us they move 6 points clear of us.

exprumos
16-08-2007, 14:43
This has me flummexed, to put it mildly. I've been swimming around the site for an hour now, and still can't figure out:

How on earth am i going backwards, points wise? I had 33.5, now I have 25
How can I transfer players out, and bring new players in? The rules say it can be done, and Kiev have done it, but I can't figure out how. I've still got bloody Heinze on my team.

exprumos
16-08-2007, 14:59
Okay, I figured out the transfer part.
Half way there.

Len Ganley Stance
16-08-2007, 16:22
This has me flummexed, to put it mildly. I've been swimming around the site for an hour now, and still can't figure out:

How on earth am i going backwards, points wise? I had 33.5, now I have 25

The easy answer to the above question is 'that you are going backwards because you're rubbish'. I too am bamboozled by the points scoring as well but I did come across this on the website blog -

- Goalkeepers and defenders score points in five categories: Clean sheets, goals/assists, defence, average goals against and team points. Defence combines interceptions, catches, blocks, saves and successful passes. Average goals against reflects the number of goals per 90-minute game the playerís team concedes while he is on the pitch. So that if David James plays the full 90 minutes of a 2-0 defeat, his average goals per game score is 2. If he keeps a clean sheet in his next game, his average drops to 1. If he concedes a goal in the first half of his next game and is substituted at half-time, the arithmetic gets more complicated - luckily the website does the calculations for you. (1.2, in case you havenít worked it out.) Points represents the number of points gained by the team in any match in which the player appears. So if he is brought on as a 94th-minute substitute to waste time with the team leading 1-0 and does not even touch the ball, he still collects three points.

- Midfield players and forwards also score in five categories: Goals, assists, successful passes, average goals for and points. The average goals for stat reflects goals scored while the player is on the field, again prorated over 90 minutes. The points stat works in the same way as for defenders and goalkeepers.

- Your league position depends on how well your players perform in the ten categories compared with the performances of the players belonging to the other managers in your league. Teams are ranked from first to last in each category. Points are then awarded according to the order in each category and added to determine an overall score and league rank. In a 20-team league, if a manager is leading in clean sheets, he/she is granted 20 points: second in clean sheets, 19 points, etc, down to 1 point for the manager who has the fewest clean sheets. The managerís overall score is determined by adding the points in each category.

- After every match day, the cumulative scoring stats (clean sheets, goals, etc) for each player are added to each managerís running totals, and the running totals in the two average categories are recalculated.

- With games being played on a daily basis, team point totals are subject to fluctuation throughout the season. Naturally, the swings will be much more volatile early in the season. So if your forwards go goal-crazy on Saturday, August 11, the opening day of the season, you could well find that you are top of your leagueís goals category on Sunday morning, which adds 20 points to your team total. But if another managerís forwards do even better during Sundayís games, on Monday morning your goals score will have dropped to 19. Even late in the season, a team's overall score may rise several points one day as a result of tremendous output by their starting lineup - or drop because of a record-setting day by an opponentís team. As in the real-life Barclays Premier League, your team may be good - but the others might be even better ...

exprumos
16-08-2007, 20:53
"I have a problem. After I masturbate I start to sing 'You'll never walk alone'."
The Doc says "don't worry, lots of w*nkers sing that."

Judge
17-08-2007, 01:13
HA HA HA, very funny.I'm glad this song gets on everybody's tits ,it shows that we are doing something right.

The scoring system for this fantasy footy thing,must have been set up by an irish man.

Len Ganley Stance
17-08-2007, 06:57
The scoring system for this fantasy footy thing,must have been set up by an irish man.

More like a Scouser - as it seems that someone's been nicking points off you since your 'good start' last Saturday! :nut:.

Well, you started it.

Judge
17-08-2007, 09:57
As well as a tv pundit, you and exprumos should be up on stage.
It's fishy,how Poorscousertommies caught me up,he isn't that poor on points anymore.

Len Ganley Stance
17-08-2007, 10:16
It's fishy,how Poorscousertommies caught me up,he isn't that poor on points anymore.

He's also been very quiet of late but not as quiet as Kiev United has been all season. There's been one message - a reply to one I sent - on the website's forum from him but nothing else.

Judge
17-08-2007, 10:21
He's also been very quiet of late but not as quiet as Kiev United has been all season. There's been one message - a reply to one I sent - on the website's forum from him but nothing else.

I think he's back in England,he did say that he's off to see the game against Chelsea.

Judge
17-08-2007, 10:29
Len, i just put in a transfer for one of your players,fair deal,except please..:evilgrin::evilgrin:

Len Ganley Stance
17-08-2007, 11:50
Len, i just put in a transfer for one of your players,fair deal,except please..:evilgrin::evilgrin:

Gentlemen of the League,

This morning I received a Transfer Request, sent via the game's website. The request came from, Judge, the Manager of Roman FC. He's the bloke that claims to be a Liverpool fan but based on the name of his team and considering the players involved in his transfer proposal, I have my suspicions that he is actually a Chelsea supporter.

The message on the transfer request from him read as follows -

Roman FC has proposed the following transfer to Motherwell Father Dead

Send - Andriy Shevchenko
Receive - Didier Drogba

Comments from Roman FC:
One good striker for another, fair deal ,i think...

Suffice to say, after much considering and soul searching, I chose to reject this request. This 'considering and soul searching process' took approximately a nano second.

As, on the website, there was only a choice of hitting an 'Accept' or 'Reject' button (which I hit with some venom) and nowhere to pen an answer to this request on the website - or if there was I couldn't find it - I will do so here.

Dear Judge,

Thank you for the interest you have shown in a squad member of Motherwell Father Dead, the player in question being Didier Drogba. We were flattered that you would even consider offering the former European Footballer of the Year, Andriy Shevchenko in an exchange deal. Andriy Shevchenko has rightly been considered one of the World's Top Strikers over the past few years. It is unfortunate that recently Andriy has undergone a slump in form, but we believe this is only temporary. As they say, 'Form is temporary. Class is permanent'.

However, much as we were tempted by your generous offer, we have decided to turn your request down on this occasion. We feel that with Didier Drogba we have a player who will contribute greatly to our football club's efforts. At least, he will until he f*cks off for two months in January to play in the African Nations Cup, which as you probably know is sponsored by the well known brand of soft drinks - "Ongo Bongo - They Drink It In The Congo".

When Didier does go in January we could perhaps revisit your interest in this matter again.

In the meantime, we would like to wish your team well and also to wish Andriy Shevchenko every success and hope he will return to the form we know that he is capable of, very shortly. This Sunday would do for starters.

Your's sincerely
LGS

Judge
17-08-2007, 12:10
Bloody smart a*se.You will regret not doing this wise deal.

Judge
17-08-2007, 12:13
Since the my team name isn't helping me much,i just changed it.

Len Ganley Stance
17-08-2007, 12:14
Bloody smart a*se.You will regret not doing this wise deal.

If Shevchenko plays on Sunday and bangs in a couple, I'll be delighted. If Drogba plays on Sunday and bangs in a couple, I'll even be more delighted.

I can't really lose in either case.

Judge
17-08-2007, 12:23
Is Shevchenko fit yet, i thought he was still injured,i'll only put one Chelsea player in my team ,A Cole,the rest about 5 Liverpool players,this is a game we wont lose.Chelsea will try and close up shop because they know they could get a hammering from us.So far Chelsea have looked average,but they are still winning.

My prediction(one for your book)
3 nil to Liverpool..
Torres to net a brace.

Len Ganley Stance
17-08-2007, 12:49
My prediction(one for your book)
3 nil to Liverpool..
Torres to net a brace.

Yup, you're probably going to spot on with that prediction :lovepot:.

That probably explains why Paddy Power are quoting 25/1 on Liverpool winning 3-nil and 14/1 on Torres scoring two. They clearly know feck all about football.

Len Ganley Stance
17-08-2007, 14:05
Since the my team name isn't helping me much,i just changed it.

Desperation tactics so early in the season.

No idea if Sheva is fit.

Judge
20-08-2007, 00:48
The name change kinda worked,move up a place and someone we all know moved down a place.Moscow Blizzards is doing good,4 points clear.

exprumos
20-08-2007, 10:18
Not anymore I'm afraid. Level on 31 points with Motherwell - Who would have thunk it.
My Saturday team played well, thank God. Sunday was a bit of a disaster to be honest, but there you guy. What can I expect when MU have taken 2 points out of 9.
Still have no idea how the scoring works, but I don't think I'm alone in that one. (Yeah, I read the rules, but then I go back and try to figure out how my team fared and it is pure gobbledygook)

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2007, 11:15
Not anymore I'm afraid. Level on 31 points with Motherwell - Who would have thunk it.
My Saturday team played well, thank God. Sunday was a bit of a disaster to be honest, but there you guy. What can I expect when MU have taken 2 points out of 9.
Still have no idea how the scoring works, but I don't think I'm alone in that one. (Yeah, I read the rules, but then I go back and try to figure out how my team fared and it is pure gobbledygook)

I had a look at the site yesterday and after Saturday's games, I was last. Hardly surprising considering I only had two players playing and one of them was my Bolton central defender and they conceded three goals for the second weekend in a row. I stupidly resisited the temptation of leaving out my Reading central defender and he only goes and keeps a clean sheet.

Yesterday wasn't a brilliant day for me either - having 3 United defenders (including Van Der Saar who I had on the bench) plus Petr Cech didn't exactly help. Probably just as well Gary Neville is still crocked. It's a bit of the old - if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle syndrome for me - if United and Chelsea keep clean sheets, my team does well. If they don't I plummet down the table. I also have four players who are crocked - 2 of them would be first choice.

Thankfully Van Persie scored yesterday but all-in-all it was not a good weekend for my team.

Judge
20-08-2007, 13:16

Hey, don't forget me,i'm up there with 31 points.
The scoring system is run by an irish guy i think, my points go up and down.

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2007, 14:16
Hey, don't forget me,i'm up there with 31 points.
The scoring system is run by an irish guy i think, my points go up and down.

Judge,

Much as we do try, we could not possibly forget you!

You do realise that Exprumos, like me, is also Irish?

He's quite easy to recognise if you ever bump into him. He'll be the bloke doing a bit of the old Riverdance thing, dancing with his arms down by his side. The reason he does that, is because his arms have been de-commissioned.

Judge
20-08-2007, 14:21
Ooops sorry exprumos,didn't know you was from the green country.I just thought it was an Irish(the scoring system) thing that Len cooked up.

exprumos
20-08-2007, 15:33
Judge,

Much as we do try, we could not possibly forget you!

You do realise that Exprumos, like me, is also Irish?

He's quite easy to recognise if you ever bump into him. He'll be the bloke doing a bit of the old Riverdance thing, dancing with his arms down by his side. The reason he does that, is because his arms have been de-commissioned.

and that's the worst joke I've heard all day....

Judge
20-08-2007, 15:40
and that's the worst joke I've heard all day....
I'm sure Len is from a small town, deep down in Ireland and believes in Irish Elves.

Len Ganley Stance
20-08-2007, 15:44
I'm sure Len is from a small town, deep down in Ireland and believes in Irish Elves.

I believe in them almost as much as I believe Liverpool will win the League this season :wavey:.

Judge
02-09-2007, 12:53
LEAGUE TABLE
Main PTS
Kop Kings 33.5 :hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:
Motherwell Father De... 31
Moscow Blizzards 31
Poorscousertommies 29
Kiev United 25.5

Len Ganley Stance
03-09-2007, 07:17
Judge,

Calm down....calm down........

The table looks like this............

Poorscousertommies 33
Motherwell Father De... 32
Kop Kings 31.5
Moscow Blizzards 29.5
Kiev United 24

Judge
03-09-2007, 11:12
o right o right.it was looking good yesterday. 1st and 3rd for Liverpool is not bad,shame there's a thorn between the two Liverpool fans.:D:D:D

Len Ganley Stance
17-09-2007, 14:26
Latest League Table

Inspired team selection sees Motherwell Father Dead steal a march on rivals

An eleventh hour team change by Len Ganley Stance saw Motherwell Father Dead, open up a seven and a half point lead over his rivals in the League table. Out went Didier Drogba and in came Emmanuel Adebayor, who repaid his manager's faith and banged in two as Arsenal thrashed Tottenham at Bad Start Lane.

Last week's leaders, Powerscousertommies suffered a setback, dropping three valuable points, while Kop Kings and Moscow Blizzards also dropped points. Only Kiev United managed to pick anything up at the weekend and that was (allegedly) because the girl in question was extremely drunk. Er, sorry...I meant to say that Kiev United picked up a solitary half a point but remain firmly routed to the bottom of the table.

The question everybody is asking though is, will the continuing run of form that Kop Kings are going through prompt yet another change of team name.

The League table looks like this.............

Motherwell Father Dead 37.5 pts
Powerscousertommies 30 pts
Kop Kings 29.5 pts
Moscow Blizzards 28.5 pts
Kiev United 24.5 pts

Judge
17-09-2007, 21:34
Bragging rights go to you this week, nice lead you have.It's time for me to trade in a few players.

Len Ganley Stance
17-09-2007, 22:00
Bragging rights go to you this week, nice lead you have.It's time for me to trade in a few players.

The reason I did ok this week was that I got a few players back who were crocked. When I get Gary Neville back, I'll have three of UNited's back four plus our goalkeeper, which should get me a few clean sheets during the season.

Drogba is crocked of course now and let's hope that it remains that way at least until after we play them next Sunday.

I haven't traded a single player, yet but having a Bolton and a Reading central defender is probably not the way forward.

Judge
17-09-2007, 22:17
I have two of Utd's defenders but O' Shea does nothing.Having 3/4 defenders from one of the top teams will help.I chnaged a fair few players now, time to get some new faces in, you can find some decent players in the add/release.

exprumos
18-09-2007, 21:50
And I forgot to get my bloody team ready before the early match on Saturday. Rooney and Carrick were left on the bench.

Len Ganley Stance
19-09-2007, 07:13
And I forgot to get my bloody team ready before the early match on Saturday. Rooney and Carrick were left on the bench.

Rooney wasn't even on the United bench last Saturday. Try and keep up there!

matlockk
23-09-2007, 13:32
My beloved Kiev actually scored some points yesterday as I studied the teams and shifted my squad around. Today could be interesting as I've got mainly Man u and Chelsea players!

Judge
24-09-2007, 16:09
Things aren't looking too good for the two Liverpool fans in the table.

matlockk
24-09-2007, 18:45
Teams are up and down like a Boar house tart's knickers!

Judge
24-09-2007, 20:15
Yeah ,but only Len's tart is keeping her knickers up...

exprumos
24-09-2007, 22:17
Yeah ,but only Len's tart is keeping her knickers up...

story of his life....

Judge
24-09-2007, 22:32
I can see Len doing his best Del Boy impersonation....''shut up you tart''

For the ones who don't know Del Boy.:evilgrin::evilgrin:

YouTube- del boy falling over in bar