PDA

View Full Version : Man United sign 9-year-old wonder kid

kris
06-08-2007, 22:41
Manchester United have signed a gifted nine-year-old after his grandfather sent the Premier League champions a DVD showcasing the boy's talents which has become a YouTube sensation.

hZ_RS4Q1myc

Rhain Davis, who was born in England but has lived in Australia since the age of four, was hailed by the British press on Thursday as the next Wayne Rooney after the United striker.

The boy's dribbling and goalscoring prowess for an Under-10 side in Brisbane, Australia, feature in a four-minute YouTube clip, already viewed more than 800,000 times.

United confirmed the signing but played down the hype around Davis, who has moved back to Cheshire in northern England with his father, near the club's training ground.

"He's a member of our academy and we don't comment on individual members," a United spokesman told Reuters.

He added that the club sign about 40 players of Davis's age every year and, as is standard, will decide annually whether to renew his contract or release him.

What was so unusual in Davis's case was that his skills were brought to the attention of United's youth scouts by the DVD submission, which could inspire other hopefuls, the spokesman said.

"We're bracing ourselves for a whole series of DVDs," he added.

Davis has been thrilled at the chance to rub shoulders with some of his idols.

"The best part has been meeting lots of players like Wayne Rooney," he told British newspapers.

so looks like england has another david backham in spare:D

Judge
06-08-2007, 22:58
The kid has more skill than castaway Becks.

Clean32
06-08-2007, 23:07
Good or not
at the age of 9 his life has just been set.
sad i think

kris
06-08-2007, 23:20
Good or not
at the age of 9 his life has just been set.
sad i think

god knows what's really gonna happen to him in 10 years time!

kris
06-08-2007, 23:22
the media is going nuts .. he's just another kid .there are 29 other kids in the academy. leave him alone for 8 years:drink:

kste22
07-08-2007, 11:05
Every year we see lads like this, You tube has loads of clips, but its unfair to say anything now, maybe in 7-8 years, but most of the time these so called future super stars are never heard of again! Isnt he an Aussie anyway! He'll never make it!

Len Ganley Stance
07-08-2007, 11:07
Isnt he an Aussie anyway! He'll never make it!

He is an Aussie but was born in England. So, he'll definitely never make it!:)

Len Ganley Stance
14-08-2007, 12:22
He is an Aussie but was born in England. So, he'll definitely never make it!:)

Actually, I take the above back. Apparently with Rooney / Solksjaer and Saha all crocked, Fergie is trying to decide if this nine year old or John O'Shea will partner Carlos Tevez up front against Pompey tomorrow.

My money's on the nine year old. He has definitely got to be better than O'Shea :).

Judge
14-08-2007, 22:59
Actually, I take the above back. Apparently with Rooney / Solksjaer and Saha all crocked, Fergie is trying to decide if this nine year old or John O'Shea will partner Carlos Tevez up front against Pompey tomorrow.

My money's on the nine year old. He has definitely got to be better than O'Shea :).

O'Shea is in my bloody team, he better not be dropped.