Toulouse v LIVERPOOL
Benfica v FC Copenhagen or Beitar Jerusalem
Lazio v Dinamo Bucharest
Sparta Prague v ARSENAL
FC Zurich v Sheriff or Besiktas
Sevilla v AEK Athens

kste22
03-08-2007, 14:42
Some tricky games, will be good to see Celtic here in Moscow! Think all teams have cause for concern but im confident as an LFC fan we can dispatch Toulose!

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 14:53
Liverpool / Tolouse, I can see the headline already...........

kste22
03-08-2007, 15:42
Should be a back page headline in the Echo, theres no accounting for school boy errors!!!!!

Judge
03-08-2007, 15:59
Not a bad draw for us,Celtic have it hard and so do the Gunners.

kste22
03-08-2007, 16:23
Yeah after playing Bordeaux last season im quite confident about progressing againt the frenchies! Yes i think Arsenal and Celtic need to be more concerned, Celtic all depends on there away leg's which usually are terrible in qualifying! Fingers crossed we all get through except Arsenal!

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 16:37
Should be a back page headline in the Echo, theres no accounting for school boy errors!!!!!

I'll take that as a backhanded compliment!

Judge
03-08-2007, 16:41
Yeah after playing Bordeaux last season im quite confident about progressing againt the frenchies! Yes i think Arsenal and Celtic need to be more concerned, Celtic all depends on there away leg's which usually are terrible in qualifying! Fingers crossed we all get through except Arsenal!

On paper it should be a walk in the park for Liverpool,but you never know.I wouldn't mind seeing the Gunners go through,atleast to the group stages and if they have a good run in the champs league they might slip up in the league.
Celtic on the other hand,i can see them going through,but it will be hard.

kste22
03-08-2007, 16:43
Id like Celtic to go through, although it would be good too see Spartak and LFC drawn together in a group, not Spartak and Manure though as there would be so many cockney's then in Moscow it would be terrible!

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 16:44
Celtic on the other hand,i can see them going through,but it will be hard.

Can I add that to your list of predictions?

Judge
03-08-2007, 16:49
Can I add that to your list of predictions?
Your wish is my command.When my predictions come true,you can give me credit for it.:D:D

Judge
03-08-2007, 16:50

Len does slip up now and again.

kste22
03-08-2007, 16:52

More a dive than a slip up for Len, too much watching Chris (the giraffe) Ronaldo

Judge
03-08-2007, 16:56
More a dive than a slip up for Len, too much watching Chris (the giraffe) Ronaldo

Giraffe, is that his name, they had horse face now Shrek,a bunch of farm animals. They also have a red nose reindeer leading them.

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 16:59

I'm obviously improving then if it's only now and again.

Right chaps, I'm out of here for the day. There's a beer with my name waiting for me. I bet you didn't know they sold beer called 'W*nker'?:drink:

kste22
03-08-2007, 17:01
Not to mention A Simpson(Brown) Plug from the beano (ferdinand) Tweety Pie (Silvestre)

kste22
03-08-2007, 17:03
Len's actually off the watch Liverpool tonight and have a beer, he's secretly going early to pick the best seat in the house watch for Len in a sports bar at half 8 tonight!

Len Ganley Stance
04-08-2007, 11:58
Len's actually off the watch Liverpool tonight and have a beer, he's secretly going early to pick the best seat in the house watch for Len in a sports bar at half 8 tonight!

It was on in the pub that I was in but I wasn't paying much attention to it to be honest.

The Charity Shield is on local TV tomorrow (Channel 7) and it's obviously on Sky. Not that you'd be remotely interested in watching it of course.

Judge
05-08-2007, 21:53
Congrats len,first bit of silver for your team.

kste22
06-08-2007, 09:30
It was on in the pub that I was in but I wasn't paying much attention to it to be honest.

The Charity Shield is on local TV tomorrow (Channel 7) and it's obviously on Sky. Not that you'd be remotely interested in watching it of course.

I did catch the charity shield, what amazed me was after 90 mins all the fans leaving outside the ground, you'd think that with such a short metro journey home for both sets of fans that they could have stayed for the pens

Len Ganley Stance
06-08-2007, 11:07
I did catch the charity shield, what amazed me was after 90 mins all the fans leaving outside the ground, you'd think that with such a short metro journey home for both sets of fans that they could have stayed for the pens

Kste22,

Yeah, but the way the London Underground 'works' it's probably quicker for Liverpool fans after a game at Anfield to fly back to their homes in Scandanavia than it is for United supporters to get back to Surrey.:)

kste22
06-08-2007, 11:54
Thats true and its highlights the world wide support my club has! Its the trappings of success, but at least the roads back to Salford were clear!

Judge
06-08-2007, 13:40
The ground didn't seem full at all,near the half way line there was loads of empty seats,not that i blame utd because they have a big following.
Maybe it was down to the fact that it wasn't really an important game.

kste22
06-08-2007, 14:08
More importantly

At least we have pre season out of the way now! Was a bit pissed off last night Dirk's goal wasnt given, and more annoyed by Riise, whose reaction for their goal was pellegrino like, he was too deep and the when the time came to simply step up and play the guy offside he run's back! He's no full back! A replacement soon please!!!!!!!!!

Though Voro and Kuyt were to similar, can't see them playing upfront together much!

Len Ganley Stance
06-08-2007, 14:45
The ground didn't seem full at all,near the half way line there was loads of empty seats,not that i blame utd because they have a big following.
Maybe it was down to the fact that it wasn't really an important game.

The attendence figure shown in some of the papers today was 80,731. At the Cup Final there were 89,826 in attendence.

I've no idea what ticket prices were like but I think that you've hit the nail on the head in saying it's not really an important game. Ok, it does have some silverware but all it is really is the season's curtain raiser - a pre-season friendly with a bit of a competitive edge. The real stuff starts next weekend.

What was the story in your game yesterday? I didn't have time to read the match report but I hear there was a bit of argy-bargy involving your skipper.

Judge
06-08-2007, 14:59
80,000 is good for such a game,you're right the real football starts next week.
Gerrard stuck up for his team mate,it's about time Liverpool players stuck up for one another.

Judge
06-08-2007, 15:07
More importantly

At least we have pre season out of the way now! Was a bit pissed off last night Dirk's goal wasnt given, and more annoyed by Riise, whose reaction for their goal was pellegrino like, he was too deep and the when the time came to simply step up and play the guy offside he run's back! He's no full back! A replacement soon please!!!!!!!!!

Though Voro and Kuyt were to similar, can't see them playing upfront together much!

Rafa needs to sort Riise out.Did Torres play last night?i think Rafa is giving the strikers a chance to see who plays well together.Crouch plays well enough with anyone,i'm a big fan of Crouch he should get more starts this season.

kste22
06-08-2007, 15:22
Problem with The Crouch is that as in the Shanghai game on Friday, he is too slow in a team which now is being built with lots of pace! Many times on Friday he lingered in midfield almost the whole time he was on!

Dont get me wrong the lad has done amazing since when we bought him, but the teams that win title's dont normally need an oddity like The crouch! Torres and well scouted classy talent is what we need along with home grown players!

Judge
06-08-2007, 15:39
I don't see the reason why Crouch should linger in midfield,he should just stay upfront and wait for the crosses to come or the through balls.Midfield is pretty well covered for us this season.You're right ,pace isn't Crouch's strongest part of the game but he adds so much to the team,like holding the ball up ,flick ons and so on.If Crouch gets a decent run i recon he will score nearly 20 goals in the league.Crouch and Torres will be a good partnership,Torres has pace and Crouch will set him up with a loads of knock downs.It's good that we have so many choices and so many decent players this time,the 4 strikers we have should be given a chance,but once a a good partnership starts to devolpe,Rafa should stick with them,not change them every game.

I haven't felt this confident in years about Liverpool winning the league or atleast fighting all the way for it.Look at Gerrard,you can tell he's right up for it.

kste22
06-08-2007, 15:53
The Gerrard i've seen this preseason is one i dont think i've seen since the good ole days of before the Chavski rumours! He looks like he's raring to go! I hope he stays in the middle with Alonso at home and Masch and alonso away!

I think if we can get Torres, Kewell, Pennant(to stop acting like a crab) all firing we'll be right up there! Still sad Gracia has gone though!!!

Len Ganley Stance
06-08-2007, 15:57
If Crouch gets a decent run i recon he will score nearly 20 goals in the league.

Judge,

Have you been smoking those funny cigarettes again?:lovepot:

kste22
06-08-2007, 16:06
Judge,

Have you been smoking those funny cigarettes again?:lovepot:

He got them off RIO!!!!!!!!!!

Judge
06-08-2007, 16:11
It's more like the funny farm for me.
Rio and smoke, the guy should of been banned for atleast 2 years.If it was any other player he would of been nailed by the FA.

kste22
06-08-2007, 16:14
It's more like the funny farm for me.
Rio and smoke, the guy should of been banned for atleast 2 years.If it was any other player he would of been nailed by the FA.

But it wasn't Rio's fault he forgot!!!!!!!! Not that a 'big' club like Manure dont have people reminding him

Judge
06-08-2007, 16:26
The Gerrard i've seen this preseason is one i dont think i've seen since the good ole days of before the Chavski rumours! He looks like he's raring to go! I hope he stays in the middle with Alonso at home and Masch and alonso away!

I think if we can get Torres, Kewell, Pennant(to stop acting like a crab) all firing we'll be right up there! Still sad Gracia has gone though!!!

I have faith in Pennant,he had a tuff start at Liverpool but he came on good at the end of the season,he also looks pretty good at the moment.Kewell on the other hand,i've given up on him.

Judge
06-08-2007, 16:31
But it wasn't Rio's fault he forgot!!!!!!!! Not that a 'big' club like Manure dont have people reminding him

Oh well, what can we expect from a club who's players jump into the crowd with both feet.
:D:D

Len Ganley Stance
06-08-2007, 16:39
As Eric said himself, when asked about his best memories from his career -

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan."

kste22
06-08-2007, 16:54
As Eric said himself, when asked about his best memories from his career -

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan."

Seems a long time ago now!

Judge
06-08-2007, 16:57
Did he really say that???

Gotta hand it to Eric ,he was a great player.
I'm sure i read somewhere that Liverpool tried to buy him ,when he was at Leeds?

Len Ganley Stance
06-08-2007, 17:22
Judge,

Yeah, he did say it and it sounded like he meant it as well. I remember when United signed him from Leeds, a mate of mine who follows Leeds was driving to work when he heard the news on local radio that Howard Wilkinson had sold Eric to United. The guy couldn't believe it and pulled the car over onto the hard shoulder and called me with the news. In those days, car phones were rather larger than they are today, which is probably why he had to pull over.

His transfer to United for 1.2 Million quid must be one of the best pieces of business Fergie's ever done (signing Peter Schmeichel for 530,000 quid wasn't bad either).

The funniest thing about Eric in English football was that Sheffield Wednesday had the first option on signing him and they had him on a week long trial. Their then-manager, Trevor Francis, however wasn't sure about Eric and wanted him to stay for another week on trial. Eric wasn't impressed with this and signed for Leeds instead.

The only possible Liverpool connection with Eric, I know about is that Gerrard Houllier and Michel Platini actually persuaded Eric to come out of retirement (he quit football in 1991, having been banned in France for three months - two of the months were for going up to each of the disciplinary committee members and calling them an idiot) and to try his luck in England. Thank f*ck he didn't go to Liverpool is all that I can say.