PDA

View Full Version : How to pay for things via the bank?

jask
13-02-2011, 21:10
I have been told to pay for my internet bill/ school fees/ etc at sbers... how do i do it? present the bill at the counter at a sbers branch? must i pay in cash? can i pay with a citibank card at sbers? do i need to open a sbers bank account?

also, can i withdraw cash from non-citibank atms using a citibank card?

mattology
13-02-2011, 21:26
You can pay any utilities bill (electricity, etc) in any Sberbank branch in cash. Don't know if they take Citibank cards though. They add a commission to the amount. You don't need a Sberbank account.

With your Citibank card you should be able to withdraw money from other ATMs, yes, at a certain fee, which Citibank can tell you.

DavidB
13-02-2011, 22:51
Usually you can pay utilities and internet at payment terminals and maybe also on internet banking or maybe via QiWi service or similar. Going to the Sberbank branch is not fun. Avoid it if possible.

MashaSashina
13-02-2011, 23:01
Do you really have to pay at SberB? If you pay with cash, you can just show the bill and a clerk will fill the receipt (it must be cheaper than 1 dollar) and make your payment.
Not that easy to deal with cards, last time i tried to pay with my one at SberB they didn't even accept their own cards... But it was 2-3 years ago.
Of course you can get your cash from any atm, but expect additional commission, which won't be less that 100 rubles, but there is one more secret: some atms (depends on bank, i believe, but my experience was with SberB) don't let you get more than certain amount at a time, so I paid the commission 4 times trying to get the sum i needed. :)

Lady M
13-02-2011, 23:08
I have been told to pay for my internet bill/ school fees/ etc at sbers... how do i do it? present the bill at the counter at a sbers branch? must i pay in cash? can i pay with a citibank card at sbers? do i need to open a sbers bank account?

I'd recommend you to withdraw the required amount of cash at Citibank ATM beforehand (to avoid the fee), then go to the nearest Sber branch office with that cash, catch up the office assistant (now after rebranding they have assistants in almost every office ). These assistants are receiving clients at the door by saying smth like: “hi, how may I help you” (however I really doubt about their English ability though). Anyway – find the green terminal inside – that's what you need. If I'm not mistaken it's a touch-screen device (that scans utility bills and receives cash) - just select what you need from the menu options available (internet, utility bills, etc...). I hope the menu is available in English as well. In case of confusion – ask the assistant for the help.

Btw, figure out with your Citibank is there any chance to pay those bills through your Citibank internet banking service, if you have any.

Good luck,

ilya25
14-02-2011, 01:03

why don't you use online banking? i know that citibank in russia has it functionality. you just need to understand how to enter correctly bank details
money will be transferred to service providers bank account

tasel
15-02-2011, 20:38
Its not necessary to pay at the cash counter at the Sberbank. They have installed automated machines for service payments and its very simple. Also, the staff there help you, if its difficult for you to figure out the payment.

Parco
16-05-2011, 16:37
Apologies if adding to this thread isn't right, however I felt it is related to my query. :question:

I am going to be in Kazakhstan for a while and need to pay my rent via the internet somehow.

At present, I pay my landlord via their Sberbank card (common in Russia, I believe). I go into a Sberbank branch in Moscow, pay over the counter after quoting them the bank card number - easy-peasy!. :thumbsup:

I have had a look on the QiWi website but can't see any Sberbank card payment option. There is an online form for a standard bank account (BIK and Account No), but not the Sberbank account card, that I can see.

Does anyone pay rent or funds onto a Sberbank card via the internet, QiWi or otherwise?

N.B. I don't have a Sberbank account, so can't transfer via Sberbank Online and my bank can't transfer funds onto a Sberbank card.

FatAndy
16-05-2011, 17:06
As an option, you can ask your landlord to go to her/his bank dept and get all bank details of that card-connected account, then you can transfer money to it. But I'm afraid there may be some issues to accept money from abroad onto rouble account here.

Another option is to organise special (temporary) account in EUR or USD to receive your payments from abroad (to simplify the procedure and avoid conversion rates).

As the last chance you can pay for 2-3 months in advance :D

Apologies if adding to this thread isn't right, however I felt it is related to my query. :question:

I am going to be in Kazakhstan for a while and need to pay my rent via the internet somehow.

At present, I pay my landlord via their Sberbank card (common in Russia, I believe). I go into a Sberbank branch in Moscow, pay over the counter after quoting them the bank card number - easy-peasy!. :thumbsup:

I have had a look on the QiWi website but can't see any Sberbank card payment option. There is an online form for a standard bank account (BIK and Account No), but not the Sberbank account card, that I can see.

Does anyone pay rent or funds onto a Sberbank card via the internet, QiWi or otherwise?

N.B. I don't have a Sberbank account, so can't transfer via Sberbank Online and my bank can't transfer funds onto a Sberbank card.

Parco
16-05-2011, 17:12
As the last chance you can pay for 2-3 months in advance :D

Brilliant idea :idea:

Why is it the simplest ideas are always the best!?

FatAndy
16-05-2011, 17:33
Brilliant idea :idea: Why is it the simplest ideas are always the best!?
Because they have simple and rigid structure (in the logical/informational sense) and therefore are much more resistant to external destructive actions, keeping entropia ;)

It's too much... faiv dollah! :D