PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Zelenograd

TjRjn
02-08-2007, 23:20
Hi all,
Looks like I'm moving to Zolenograd at the end of this month. Anyone with any hints, tips or general info on life in Russia and Zolenograd would be greatly appreciated.
T

SalTheReturn
03-08-2007, 11:09
Hi all,
Looks like I'm moving to Zolenograd at the end of this month. Anyone with any hints, tips or general info on life in Russia and Zolenograd would be greatly appreciated.
T

Oh yeah here is my info though you should tell me why the hell are you moving there and if you are a male or a female

you surely know that for female expats Moscow sucks but Zelenograd was the only place who made them say "thanks God I live in Moscow"

it is a mistery why people even go there, last explanation I heard was the following "here you live more like Russians"...a mistery to me why someone with just a little brain would like to live like those Russians.

the place is estetically a craphole bigger than Hull in the UK which was ranked as the worst place to live in the all of Great Britain in the book "Worst places to live in the UK", there is a cinema, bored degenerated youths, and nothing to do. I guess heroine would be the best way to spend decent time.

the only plus might be, as always when venturing those sort of places, the possibility of getting laid a lot even if you might then raise the jealousy of the Zelenograd's youth

last but not least it is overall a pretty wealthy (if this adjective can really stick to that environment) craphole

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GOING THERE? I have a suspect...there are in fact few companies dislocating their underpaid staff in there

SalTheReturn
03-08-2007, 11:15
sorry i see you are located in montenegro: the shock of landing at zelongrad will be definitely lower.

Andy B
03-08-2007, 11:37
Sal, please keep your random outbursts to yourself and do not hijack sombodies thread with your stupid comments!

TjRjn, welcome to the site! Please forgive our resident "village idiot" (he's Italian)!

I'm sorry I can't provide you with any information but hope sombody here will be able to provide you with some useful hints and tips.

TjRjn
03-08-2007, 11:39
That's ok...I've been doing a lot of web searching since last night. Thanks anyway.

TjRjn
03-08-2007, 11:42
Oh yeah here is my info though you should tell me why the hell are you moving there and if you are a male or a female

you surely know that for female expats Moscow sucks but Zelenograd was the only place who made them say "thanks God I live in Moscow"

it is a mistery why people even go there, last explanation I heard was the following "here you live more like Russians"...a mistery to me why someone with just a little brain would like to live like those Russians.

the place is estetically a craphole bigger than Hull in the UK which was ranked as the worst place to live in the all of Great Britain in the book "Worst places to live in the UK", there is a cinema, bored degenerated youths, and nothing to do. I guess heroine would be the best way to spend decent time.

the only plus might be, as always when venturing those sort of places, the possibility of getting laid a lot even if you might then raise the jealousy of the Zelenograd's youth

last but not least it is overall a pretty wealthy (if this adjective can really stick to that environment) craphole

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GOING THERE? I have a suspect...there are in fact few companies dislocating their underpaid staff in there

You don't strik me as a particularily happy person regardless of the destination...

SalTheReturn
03-08-2007, 14:28
Sal, please keep your random outbursts to yourself and do not hijack sombodies thread with your stupid comments!

TjRjn, welcome to the site! Please forgive our resident "village idiot" (he's Italian)!

I'm sorry I can't provide you with any information but hope sombody here will be able to provide you with some useful hints and tips.

AndyB I am sorry if I made you angry and will better behave in the future.

But really those are quotes from other individuals and really Zelongrad has nothing to offer. My honest first-hand experience 2 cents.

It was not hijack.

DooLittle
03-08-2007, 20:09
I live and work in Moscow, but we have an office in Zelenograd that I have visited once (last month).

It seems like a nice enough place, but it really depends on what kind of lifestyle are you used to leading (or want to lead)?

It's green, relatively pretty and not too far from Moscow (although you'll need to take a car or commuter train to the city).

The commute in a car can be harrowing if you are doing it during the week or on a Sunday night (to the city).

They have a very weird address system as it used to be "closed" city.

Sorry I can't say more - lived here for years, but don't travel out of the city very often if I'm not headed towards the U.S. or Europe.

Clean32
03-08-2007, 21:46
Welcome abord LOL

SalTheReturn
03-08-2007, 22:14
I live and work in Moscow, but we have an office in Zelenograd that I have visited once (last month).

It seems like a nice enough place, but it really depends on what kind of lifestyle are you used to leading (or want to lead)?

It's green, relatively pretty and not too far from Moscow (although you'll need to take a car or commuter train to the city).

The commute in a car can be harrowing if you are doing it during the week or on a Sunday night (to the city).

They have a very weird address system as it used to be "closed" city.

Sorry I can't say more - lived here for years, but don't travel out of the city very often if I'm not headed towards the U.S. or Europe.

Right it depends on what the person wants, just pls lets not class that satellite city like a culturally interesting place...as regards the green i saw it, full of used condoms and bottle of vodka and rubbish of various sorts (russian do not use trash bins and many times throw garbage directly from the window) plus little chance to enjoy the open air due to russian weather.

if you are a foreigner in russia, you need urbanization to survive decently.

Clean32
03-08-2007, 22:38
Right it depends on what the person wants, just pls lets not class that satellite city like a culturally interesting place...as regards the green i saw it, full of used condoms and bottle of vodka and rubbish of various sorts (russian do not use trash bins and many times throw garbage directly from the window) plus little chance to enjoy the open air due to russian weather.

if you are a foreigner in russia, you need urbanization to survive decently.

LOL Sal giving advice LOL Sal the russian Know it all, after 18 months of blowing your mummys money going from borehouse to borehouse LOL spose thats where you saw all them condoms LOL

TjRjn
04-08-2007, 16:39
i'm just glad they use condoms. :P

DooLittle
04-08-2007, 18:33
Well, since Sal butted in, I'll add a little more.

They have an excellent technical institute or University there - which means students, which means there must be some sort of night life (maybe not the kind you want though :) )

It seems to be a decent size town and would probably be better suited to family life. the air is much cleaner and the people are probably a bit nicer than in Moscow.

If you need some more nightlife or culture or just urban spaces, the trip isn't too long - life in the suburbs.

The prices are the same as in Moscow (expensive) but there are more dacha-type residences there - which means, depending on your financial resources, you have a much better chance of living in a real house with a yard instead of a cramped apartment.

My Philosophy - you can always find the good and bad in any situation - approach it as a learning experience and get the most out of it.

DooLittle
04-08-2007, 18:36
just pls lets not class that satellite city like a culturally interesting place...(russian do not use trash bins and many times throw garbage directly from the window) plus little chance to enjoy the open air due to russian weather.

Thanks for your informed input and crass stereotypes Sal - ever been to Naples, Sal? Pretty much what you described above.

TjRjn
04-08-2007, 19:21

They have an excellent technical institute or University there - which means students, which means there must be some sort of night life (maybe not the kind you want though :) )

It seems to be a decent size town and would probably be better suited to family life. the air is much cleaner and the people are probably a bit nicer than in Moscow.

If you need some more nightlife or culture or just urban spaces, the trip isn't too long - life in the suburbs.

The prices are the same as in Moscow (expensive) but there are more dacha-type residences there - which means, depending on your financial resources, you have a much better chance of living in a real house with a yard instead of a cramped apartment.

My Philosophy - you can always find the good and bad in any situation - approach it as a learning experience and get the most out of it.
Hey Doolittle,
Thanks. My employer is supplying my apartment so I don't have a lot of say over that. My nightlife requirements are many and varied,but include a good local, karaoke bar and a couple of hip nightclubs....I never grew up! ;)

SalTheReturn
04-08-2007, 20:13
Thanks for your informed input and crass stereotypes Sal - ever been to Naples, Sal? Pretty much what you described above.

oh yeah have been to naples and despise it a lot, do not worry (stupid from you to try to pick me on national pride whilst I do not feel like belonging to any country in particular and judge everything i see in an objective manner)

currently those peasants do not even have the money to clean the streets so that all the rubbish is out there.
peasants do not get that they either accept that the rubbish is burned into their region or they will keep living surrounded by crap...guess anyway they are quite used to the second option

i am personally a supporter of LegaNord the secessionist political party that would like to split norther and central Italy (south starts in Rome incl.) from southern Italy, as my favourite politician said "Italy without the South would be as efficient and rich as Scandinavia"

Stereotypes? No mate and you know this.

SalTheReturn
04-08-2007, 20:23

first nonsenses: excellent universities DO NOT EXIST in Russia and even MGU has just the name to keep it hot

second nonsense: the trip to Moscow will not take long true but how she is going to get back when staggering off a nightclub at3am? i know: she will start seeing Moscow at night (the only thing Moscow is worthy for since then you can really class the city as an artistic masterpiece - the city is estetically poor) regularly, then when winter comes she will decrease dramatically her visits to Moscow and live only in Zelongrad

the rest of your post is right and despite the company I SUPPOSE (to suppose means I am not sure) she will work for is famous for offering thirld-world alike accomodations the flats in Zelongrad are slightly better than average

TjRjn
04-08-2007, 20:49
first nonsenses: excellent universities DO NOT EXIST in Russia and even MGU has just the name to keep it hot

second nonsense: the trip to Moscow will not take long true but how she is going to get back when staggering off a nightclub at3am? i know: she will start seeing Moscow at night (the only thing Moscow is worthy for since then you can really class the city as an artistic masterpiece - the city is estetically poor) regularly, then when winter comes she will decrease dramatically her visits to Moscow and live only in Zelongrad

the rest of your post is right and despite the company I SUPPOSE (to suppose means I am not sure) she will work for is famous for offering thirld-world alike accomodations the flats in Zelongrad are slightly better than average
Just out of curiosity Sal, to you ever have anything positive to say about anything?

SalTheReturn
04-08-2007, 21:45
Just out of curiosity Sal, to you ever have anything positive to say about anything?

yes about many things actually but i do not lie and do not judge reality "according to me"

can i ask you why you welcome other people's feedback on zelongrad and you do not welcome mine? this is why i have a bad opinion on the satellite city?

anyway once again: if you work for that company it might even be good being based in zelongrad, the salary they pay is ridicolously low compared to moscow's standards. good luck

dick
05-08-2007, 02:11

Andy B while I think Sal is an idiot I can't believe it's because he's Italian, race has nothing to do with how smart you are. I don't want to think we have racist mods here. Just look who thanked you for that post, our resident semi retarded racist. I think racist statements should fall under offensive language on this site and mods should not use it however slight.

dick
05-08-2007, 03:21
yes about many things actually but i do not lie and do not judge reality "according to me"

can i ask you why you welcome other people's feedback on zelongrad and you do not welcome mine? this is why i have a bad opinion on the satellite city?

anyway once again: if you work for that company it might even be good being based in zelongrad, the salary they pay is ridicolously low compared to moscow's standards. good luck

Sal your aggerssive and very negetive,never mind stupid,that's why you're not welcomed very much if at all. I don't know how you get any babes? Watch it's like this. Hey there Aussi babe:wavey: Welcome to Russia! I don't know much about Zelengrad but I think you'll have a good time there. I do have one Russian friend who lives there but he a big rock star so it's hard for him to go out to bars. But if you got nothing to do some night look me up and we can go out for a beer. See Sal friendly happy welcoming = hot babe, negetive = you take things into your own hands. Maybe if you got laid you wouldn't be such a putts.

Andy B
05-08-2007, 07:58
Andy B while I think Sal is an idiot I can't believe it's because he's Italian, race has nothing to do with how smart you are. I don't want to think we have racist mods here. Just look who thanked you for that post, our resident semi retarded racist. I think racist statements should fall under offensive language on this site and mods should not use it however slight.

At which point did I suggest he is an idiot because he is Italian?

I was mearly pointing out that he is Italian.

The fact that he is an idiot has nothing to do with his nationality.

This has absolutlely nothing to do with the subject of the thread so please can we keep things on-topic?

SalTheReturn
05-08-2007, 11:10

stop calling people semi-retarded racist whilst using, hence denoting parents who did not pay for your higher education, the word "race" rather than "etnicity".

SalTheReturn
05-08-2007, 11:13
Sal your aggerssive and very negetive,never mind stupid,that's why you're not welcomed very much if at all. I don't know how you get any babes? Watch it's like this. Hey there Aussi babe:wavey: Welcome to Russia! I don't know much about Zelengrad but I think you'll have a good time there. I do have one Russian friend who lives there but he a big rock star so it's hard for him to go out to bars. But if you got nothing to do some night look me up and we can go out for a beer. See Sal friendly happy welcoming = hot babe, negetive = you take things into your own hands. Maybe if you got laid you wouldn't be such a putts.

it is clear that sal does not care about what people who are not even an issue to him (this is virtual reality, wake up loser!) think...please stop any attempt to pick on that coz you will miserably fail.

however whilst you are talkng coz theres a friend of u living there I talk coz i know the place and own the know-how to judge, it will be her choice who to listen to

good luck

dick
05-08-2007, 14:37

Well AndyB we should forgive him he's Italian sounds like, because he is. And now back to the thread, Hi there sweet Aussi babe you want to........

TjRjn
05-08-2007, 16:02
Well guys,...thanks for all the 'constructive and objective' opinions. :D
I will take it all on board and give you my own verdict once I'm there.

WilliamFTH
07-08-2007, 20:55
Well guys,...thanks for all the 'constructive and objective' opinions. :D
I will take it all on board and give you my own verdict once I'm there.
Confused huh??? But things will work out fine, I hv been working and living in Many countries and all end up a priceless memory and made tons of friends...

I'm positive we will made a good living in Russia......

Welcome aboard.

WF

Clean32
07-08-2007, 21:12
LOL well at least we should get some first hand info from Zelongrad, and that would be cool in its self.

SalTheReturn
07-08-2007, 21:32
Confused huh??? But things will work out fine, I hv been working and living in Many countries and all end up a priceless memory and made tons of friends...

I'm positive we will made a good living in Russia......

Welcome aboard.

WF

Well dude you are gonna head for freaking Moscow, she is the one going to a low-ranking/down&out destination. There is a huge difference believe me.
Wish you both good luck.

WilliamFTH
07-08-2007, 22:12
Well dude you are gonna head for freaking Moscow, she is the one going to a low-ranking/down&out destination. There is a huge difference believe me.
Wish you both good luck.
such big different?

Surok
07-08-2007, 22:16
Don't listen to Sal, he's just an old moan.

Andrei Garden
08-08-2007, 00:27
Do not be afraid, TjRjn. I grew up in Zelenograd, and then I spent 13 years in New Jersey, and now I'm in Zelenograd again. The same way like you go to Manhattan from Staten Island on a Friday night, you'd go to Moscow from Zelenograd too. This is the sleeping quaters, much safer and greener than Manhattan or Bronx. There are no condoms on the ground; a couple of sushi bars, a KFC restaurant right in a middle of it, a pizza place. A fast train will take you to Moscow within 40 minutes, but a bus can get stuck in traffic. This is not a New Jersey and people live in apartments. If you cook - you'll be all right in a while.

Clean32
08-08-2007, 01:03
Thanks for that post.

yopu couldint check out a few hotels?
Me mum and a 1year old
may come down for a look around

Do not be afraid, TjRjn. I grew up in Zelenograd, and then I spent 13 years in New Jersey, and now I'm in Zelenograd again. The same way like you go to Manhattan from Staten Island on a Friday night, you'd go to Moscow from Zelenograd too. This is the sleeping quaters, much safer and greener than Manhattan or Bronx. There are no condoms on the ground; a couple of sushi bars, a KFC restaurant right in a middle of it, a pizza place. A fast train will take you to Moscow within 40 minutes, but a bus can get stuck in traffic. This is not a New Jersey and people live in apartments. If you cook - you'll be all right in a while.

SalTheReturn
08-08-2007, 01:38

There is only two possibilities: either people do not get it or they are too emotionally involved in the place they are talking about.
Let's proceed to explain couple of things:
1)oh yeah...a trip on those marshutskas it is like heading from staten island to manhattan:shame:
2)KFC is not an attraction/something to be proud of or a place denoting civilization: Russians love fast food crap and thats why you get it.
3)she is probably on a teacher salary, the kind of salary which will soon demotivate her to undertake any visit, especially at night, into overrated Moscow. Most of her colleagues will end up staying in too.

COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS COOL IN ZEL. GIVEN THAT YOU ARE APPARENTLY FROM THERE?
WHY WE ALL SAID "THANKS GOD WE ARE BASED IN MOSCOW"?
Thanks.

SalTheReturn
08-08-2007, 01:39
Don't listen to Sal, he's just an old moan.

Welcome Russian Apologist.

SalTheReturn
08-08-2007, 01:43
such big different?

are you kidding? one is a world (in)famous capital the other a hole (which can be liked only by russian apologists or people who never lived in a first class city or in a really elegant suburb)

Surok
08-08-2007, 09:29
Welcome Russian Apologist.

I don't see anything in those words of mine which mention Russia.

TjRjn
08-08-2007, 11:52
Thanks,
Being that they have no Western fast food outlets here, I have to say that KFC is sounding pretty good right now. :D
The only types of cuisine here are hamburgers, burek and pizza and pasta. (If you don't count the local food) I'm not knocking it because Montenegro thus far is my favourite country and I'm looking to return, but the occasional variety is sounding mighty tempting. :p
I have lived in a few 3rd world countries so I don't think it will be a hardship living in Zelenograd....Lol I love all sorts of cutlures and people and I adapt quite quickly. I'm looking forward to posting my own opinions of the city and country so stay tuned. ;)

Clean32
08-08-2007, 12:17
COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS COOL IN ZEL. GIVEN THAT YOU ARE APPARENTLY FROM THERE?
Thanks.

LOL Idot, and where are you Sal, not in mosscow LOL, cant get a visa ?? i wonder why ?? MUM will not let you go ??

SalTheReturn
08-08-2007, 14:51
LOL Idot, and where are you Sal, not in mosscow LOL, cant get a visa ?? i wonder why ?? MUM will not let you go ??

actually my visa is valid till 27th Sept and my registration as well...what the hell are you talking about?

plus i have so much going on with russia (my articles on Moscow appearing next month in a first rate international magazine) that all your points are in between worthless and dumb. More than many other people I can speak with immense knowledge on Russia.

once again: get yourself a proper life and get out of that geo-politically useless city

yyou take care

kris
08-08-2007, 14:57
my articles on Moscow appearing next month in a first rate international magazine

which International magazine?I cant wait;)

Andrei Garden
09-08-2007, 12:27
There is only two possibilities: either people do not get it or they are too emotionally involved in the place they are talking about.
Let's proceed to explain couple of things:
1)oh yeah...a trip on those marshutskas it is like heading from staten island to manhattan:shame:
2)KFC is not an attraction/something to be proud of or a place denoting civilization: Russians love fast food crap and thats why you get it.
3)she is probably on a teacher salary, the kind of salary which will soon demotivate her to undertake any visit, especially at night, into overrated Moscow. Most of her colleagues will end up staying in too.

Thanks.

What's cool & what's not? What's cool about LA besides Santa Monica, what's cool about Boulder besides mountains? Would you spend your life in Rapid City, or in Oclahoma? Personally, so far I found nothing more exciting than Manhattan, but it is very tiresom & hectic also, so lots of good folks hate it. You create your own environment out of your friends & family. Plus - no one said the life was fair or perfect. Right?!

Andrei Garden
11-08-2007, 15:31
Thanks for that post.

yopu couldint check out a few hotels?
Me mum and a 1year old
may come down for a look around

check out the site zelenograd.ru

TjRjn
11-08-2007, 15:36
check out the site zelenograd.ru
Don't suppose there's an English version...Lol

Andrei Garden
11-08-2007, 15:43
Don't suppose there's an English version...Lol

I only hope Clean32 can read it

Clean32
11-08-2007, 17:36
I only hope Clean32 can read it

good site, even yaro hasint that much info online

TjRjn
11-08-2007, 18:19
Language Link Corporate Site. Zelenograd (http://jobs.languagelink.ru/jobs/locations/moscow_outskirts/zelenograd.php)

I found the above link which I think is part of an ESL website. If anyone has any comments regarding the information on it could you please let me know.
Thanks.

Clean32
11-08-2007, 20:13
stacks with what i know of the place. and i would be a good city to pick up extra students.

SalTheReturn
11-08-2007, 20:49
stacks with what i know of the place. and i would be a good city to pick up extra students.

she will absolutely need extra students to survive on LL's slave-alike salaries. And of course consider any overnight trip to Moscow off limits unless you find a way to crash at someone's else place.
However I am sure she will survive, good luck.

Bels
11-08-2007, 21:43
I am keeping an open mind about Sal. She or he appears to be the only one that has personal knowledge of Zel. An outspoken person, well yes we should welcome this on occasions. Maybe she's right. Sal? is that short for Sally?

Any way she's got my thanks for the time being , for apparently being knowledgable about ZEL.

I'm interestested in knowing more about this city, and Sal appears to be the only one that knows what he or she is talking about.

Clean32
12-08-2007, 00:32
I am keeping an open mind about Sal. She or he appears to be the only one that has personal knowledge of Zel. An outspoken person, well yes we should welcome this on occasions. Maybe she's right. Sal? is that short for Sally?

Any way she's got my thanks for the time being , for apparently being knowledgable about ZEL.

I'm interestested in knowing more about this city, and Sal appears to be the only one that knows what he or she is talking about.

You have to be joking?? Sal doint know cr*p, he spent Max 18 months in moscow only, living on his mums money, he has been banned from just about every othere site. i beleve this is the only site he is alowed to post on.
His exsperiances in russia tend to contradict everyone who has been here longer than a couple of years, these peaple he just calls russian apologists.
i know of 4 euros who have or do live in this city. one has posted, Andrei Garden.

DooLittle
12-08-2007, 11:17
I am keeping an open mind about Sal. She or he appears to be the only one that has personal knowledge of Zel.

Well - I admitted I've only been there once, but I've been there.

I have a good friend that I worked with who lives there - he loves it, great place to bring up a family. He does come into Moscow almost daily, and does hang out late here in the city.

My company has an office there with almost 30 employees, some from Moscow, some local, some from other regions - they all seem to prefer it to living in the city proper.

I'm not an apologist for Zelenograd - I would personally never choose to actually live outside MKAD, but I could think of much worse places (even inside the city) to live.

SalTheReturn
12-08-2007, 16:54
in fact the deal is the following:

I come from the center of civilization (Florence, ITALY) so I have a difference perception of what is livable and what it is not

being a european i have far more awareness of what means "quality of life" compared to someone grew outside it or grew up in meaningless primitive countries

some foreigners have even said "Moscow is estetically a beautiful city", now i of course have to wonder DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT MEANS LIVING IN A BEAUTIFUL CITY??? Ridicolous

As concern being banned people are grown up enough to know WHY i was banned on this site and WHY i was banned on the other site and WHY i will be soon banned again

most of the banning were NOT the result of a democratic choice (I have always won the polls) and mods/admins had to do it because couple of OMITTED could not stand my opinions

Clean32
12-08-2007, 17:18
in fact the deal is the following:

I come from the center of civilization (Florence, ITALY) so I have a difference perception of what is livable and what it is not

Civilization, Whoís civilization and when? Florence has never been known as a center of civilization. It was once about 2600 years ago a small center of trade, but thatís about it? I mean it not like a Summer or Athens or Alexandra or even a Paris. Besides the streets stink, the buildings are all falling down, the natives are rude and arrogant, in fact a lot like you ?? I wonder why.

being a european i have far more awareness of what means "quality of life" compared to someone grew outside it or grew up in meaningless primitive countries

Quality of life? from a European What a joke, try Canada, Australia NZ or even Laos if you want quality of life LOL. So all other posters have meaningless primitive lives. Personally I think any parent has a successful and very meaning full life regardless of where they live. This excludes your parents who are just so disappointed, thatís they sent you to go live in another city. (Your post)

some foreigners have even said "Moscow is estetically a beautiful city", now i of course have to wonder DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT MEANS LIVING IN A BEAUTIFUL CITY??? Ridicolous

Well they have parks, and trees, 2 things missing in Florence

As concern being banned people are grown up enough to know WHY i was banned on this site and WHY i was banned on the other site and WHY i will be soon banned again

Because you tell Lies maybe??

most of the banning were NOT the result of a democratic choice (I have always won the polls) and mods/admins had to do it because couple of OMITTED could not stand my opinions

LOL Just think about it? An internet site decides to have a Vote on if you should stay or not? To me and to most people that alone speaks volumes.

There you go folks from the horses mouth, or as older posters would say, the village idiot has spoken.

TjRjn
12-08-2007, 18:06
Mmmmm.....I think it might be time to close this post.

Judge
12-08-2007, 18:16

Good idea.

TjRn, about you moving to Zelenograd ,give it a try.Whenever you leave this place ,you will have loads of stories to tell,some will be bad but many will be good.One way to find out about a place is to live there yourself,for some people they will hate it, but others who have a good outlook on life will enjoy their experience in a new town..
Good luck, keep us all posted.

SalTheReturn
12-08-2007, 20:27
Good idea.

TjRn, about you moving to Zelenograd ,give it a try.Whenever you leave this place ,you will have loads of stories to tell,some will be bad but many will be good.One way to find out about a place is to live there yourself,for some people they will hate it, but others who have a good outlook on life will enjoy their experience in a new town..
Good luck, keep us all posted.

what a load of crap you spout, denoting non existent awareness of what means quality of life
in support of my theory I will only bring fews FACTS:
-quality of life is set by the number of foreigners being jealous and attracted by your country...whilst foreigners are NO attracted by, an example, UK (if not for either sweeping your streets escaping thirld world wars or making loads of cash) they go crazy when hearing the world "ITALY". The associations made with my country are positive whilst the ones made with yours, US, etc...are mostly negative.
-quality of life cannot exists without world famous art which both Canada and the other countries you cited do not own
-Italy is the centre of civilization as same as Greece...
-it is clear you have not visited Florence

Why you are speakin about my parents I really dunno but is is OK...

She will not have stories from Zelongrad because you cannot have interesting stories if living in a decadent town unless this town is hit by wars.
It is like coming from from lets say Southampton...what kind of stories can you have??? Before people will actually hear you they gotta figure out first where it is located!!!LOL:brush::brush::brush:

WilliamFTH
12-08-2007, 21:01
hehehe........if u have a less attrative picture, i'm sure the posting will be much lesser........

Anyway...as I and Judge mentioned before, live it.......so u can have your own opinion.

Bels
12-08-2007, 21:08
WoW! I go for people who are outspoken. It makes forums more interesting and exciting, and we shouldn't be too strict. I take into cosideration that if you repeatedly offend a large amount of people you have a problem. I love the Italians, especially in the South. They are highly expressive but this one might be an exception, and might offend what is Italian.

However looking at Sals last post and your information about several bans how about a kangaroo court? Clean32:clown: Sal to be banned or not be?

Judge
12-08-2007, 21:22
what a load of crap you spout, denoting non existent awareness of what means quality of life
-quality of life is set by the number of foreigners being jealous and attracted by your country...whilst foreigners are NO attracted by, an example, UK (if not for either sweeping your streets escaping thirld world wars or making loads of cash) they go crazy when hearing the world "ITALY". The associations made with my country are positive whilst the ones made with yours, US, etc...are mostly negative.
-quality of life cannot exists without world famous art which both Canada and the other countries you cited do not own

She will not have stories from Zelongrad because you cannot have interesting stories if living in a decadent town unless this town is hit by wars.
It is like coming from from lets say Southampton...what kind of stories can you have??? Before people will actually hear you they gotta figure out first where it is located!!!LOL:brush::brush::brush:

''foreigners are NO attracted to the UK '' what a load of crap,just check how many tourists go to the UK and then check how many people wait in line to get a visa to England.

You're the one who is spouting crap.Why do you bring your country into every discussion?If Italy is such a great place,why did you come here and why are you going to England this month,if these places are crap,go somewhere else.
Sal, i've been to Italy many times,and there's nothing to shout about there,it's nice,many beautiful places,but even Russia has beautiful places.It all depends on what you like,maybe you don't like places in England but others do,at the end of the day it's a matter of opinion.

Sal, i never mentioned your parents .

TjRjn will come away from Zelenograd with many stories,just like you came out of Moscow with bad stories.

SalTheReturn
12-08-2007, 22:25
''foreigners are NO attracted to the UK '' what a load of crap,just check how many tourists go to the UK and then check how many people wait in line to get a visa to England.

IN FACT I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED THIS: LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE WAITING A VISA FOR SWEEPING YOUR STREETS OR ENTERING YOUR HOSPITALS GIVEN THEY WILL RECEIVE WESTERN-ALIKE SALARIES.
ABOUT TOURISM YOU SURELY KNOW IT IS JUST LONDON AND THAT THE REST OF UK IS UNKNOWN TO MANKIND. YET DO NOT FORGET: WESTERN CONTINENTAL EUROPE, ESPECIALLY MEDITERRANEAN EUROPE, IS THE BIGGEST CROWD-PULLER IN THE WORLD.

You're the one who is spouting crap.Why do you bring your country into every discussion?

I DO NOT HAVE A COUNTRY AND THIS IS WHY MY OPINIONS ARE FAR FROM BEING BIASED.

If Italy is such a great place,why did you come here and why are you going to England this month,if these places are crap,go somewhere else.
Sal, i've been to Italy many times,and there's nothing to shout about there,it's nice,many beautiful places,but even Russia has beautiful places.It all depends on what you like,maybe you don't like places in England but others do,at the end of the day it's a matter of opinion.

YOU ARE WRONG DUDE. IT IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PROVED FACTUALLY AND WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RUSSIAN ICONOGRAPHY THE COUNTRY HAS NO ART, THOUGHT THEY HAD GOOD LITERATURE. IF YOU SAY RUSSIA HAS ART YOU FALL INTO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORY: PEOPLE WHO DID NOT RECEIVE GOOD EDUCATION.

Sal, i never mentioned your parents .

YOU DID BUT I DO NOT CARE, IT IS FINE

TjRjn will come away from Zelenograd with many stories,just like you came out of Moscow with bad stories.

ACTUALLY MOST OF MY STORIES FROM MOSCOW ARE QUITE INTERESTING, NOT TO MENTION THAT HAVING LIVED IN RUSSIA IS CURRENTLY MAKING UP A BIG PROFESSIONAL PLUS.

YOU TAKE CARE MATE.

SalTheReturn
12-08-2007, 22:26
dunno how to use the quoting system:-(((

SalTheReturn
12-08-2007, 22:37
WoW! I go for people who are outspoken. It makes forums more interesting and exciting, and we shouldn't be too strict. I take into cosideration that if you repeatedly offend a large amount of people you have a problem. I love the Italians, especially in the South. They are highly expressive but this one might be an exception, and might offend what is Italian.

However looking at Sals last post and your information about several bans how about a kangaroo court? Clean32:clown: Sal to be banned or not be?

Bels believe me it is not my intent offending people, I love people.

What intrigues me about this life it is how people can be get so biased with their opinions just because they hold citizenship of an X country or because they moved to live in X country.

MY mother is from Ethiopia for instance but she does not feel offended when I tell her "the West saved your **** could you imagine struggling for clean water and food?".

After almost 2 years of being an active users of the moscow expats forum it is clear that only a few are capable of an objective analysis.

Clean32
12-08-2007, 22:51

LOL i didnt get involed with the ban Sal or YOU as he was knowen as then. but i did get on his case when he started to post misleading and incorrect information to new to russia or new expats.
Russia is not nessaserly the easyist country to live and work in in some respects, more so if this is you first new country! It takes some time to modify your servival skills to this new enviroment. the last thing anyone needs is bum info from an idot.

SalTheReturn
12-08-2007, 23:51
LOL i didnt get involed with the ban Sal or YOU as he was knowen as then. but i did get on his case when he started to post misleading and incorrect information to new to russia or new expats.
Russia is not nessaserly the easyist country to live and work in in some respects, more so if this is you first new country! It takes some time to modify your servival skills to this new enviroment. the last thing anyone needs is bum info from an idot.

i am ready to recognize my mistakes if you decide to act as a cultured person and FACTUALLY point out where I posted incorrect info

once again I guess my info are always in between the most appropriate as I personally do not feel emotionally involved with the Russian Federation.

do not forget you are the one trying to portrait Yaroslav as a nice place, your opinions are subjective.

Andy B
13-08-2007, 00:14
Sal, I've warned you in Private... you are walking a thin line!

dick
14-08-2007, 05:05
Talk about grand theft thread! Mister know it all and Mister I know better then you. You two killed this thread so long ago it's starting to smell! Somebody read this thread it's last rights.

TjRjn
18-08-2007, 12:29

Sal life is what you make it and right now yours is sounding pretty bitter and lonely. :(

bardbrik
04-09-2007, 21:53
Hello all,

My husband has a job assignment in Zelenograd and I with our 5 yr old son are moving there with him in October. I have searched the web for any hotels in the area that would have a kitchen in the room/suite, but I cannot find it. Is there such a thing? Maybe there are furnished apartments with the kitchens that someone can suggest? I will be working from home too and I will need a high speed internet connection and the phone where I can place international calls. Does anyone know if it is a problem or not in the Zelenograd?

Any help is greatly appreciated! bardbrik.

Ghostly Presence
04-09-2007, 22:14
actually my visa is valid till 27th Sept and my registration as well...what the hell are you talking about?

plus i have so much going on with russia (my articles on Moscow appearing next month in a first rate international magazine) that all your points are in between worthless and dumb. More than many other people I can speak with immense knowledge on Russia.

once again: get yourself a proper life and get out of that geo-politically useless city

yyou take care

Sal,

Could you send us all a link to any of your articles published "in the first rate international magazine"? I am sure "the first rate magazines" should have a website where your "masterpieces" about Russia are made available to all the reading world.....

Bels
04-09-2007, 22:21
How do you write your articles? In Russian, English , Italian. I can see you are probably a very expressive person in Italian.

Ghostly Presence
04-09-2007, 22:24
.... (I have always won the polls) and mods/admins had to do it because couple of OMITTED could not stand my opinions

Always won the polls! Of course! So, this is what all these provocative posts by Sal are all about! Poor Sal just feels the need to be loved! ;) He needs to win the polls! I guess, that is the only way he could find to feel relevant in this world!

I guess it's hard being an Italian citizen when you are black. You live in Italy but you are not Italian. You are not Ethiopian either. You are a man with no roots and no sense of belonging. That is why you equally eagerly criticize Russia, Italy, UK... You have no place that you love and you have no place that is truly your home. I feel sorry for you, man!

Schizo
05-09-2007, 00:32
TjRjn:

Will you work in Zelenograd or just will live there & work in Moscow?

natalia_apple
05-09-2007, 02:38

would still consider it a valid comment, though why say such things as "why someone with just a little brain would like to live like those Russians". Arent there crapholes in Italy, UK, etc.? we all know there are

and some expats do want to get experience living somewhere thats not Moscow, and not all people living in Zelenograd are unhappy

natalia_apple
05-09-2007, 02:44
You don't strik me as a particularily happy person regardless of the destination...

saying he's not happy sounds a bit like a reroach here

and does everyone always have to be happy and cheerful in all they say, life is not happiness non-stop, would trying to show you're happy every minute of your life not be a bit of hypocricy?

there are things we have negative emotions about, i for one like people to be sincere, even if not always "happy"

i've heard English teachers were bored in Zelenograd, cause they lacked contact with their colleagues and didnt speak Russian well enough, but why just not get out to Moscow from time to time?

SalTheReturn
05-09-2007, 15:19
How do you write your articles? In Russian, English , Italian. I can see you are probably a very expressive person in Italian.

I would rather reply to my messages about my profession in private and consider this an exception

my latest article on Moscow appeared on the current issue of "Glamour", the italian version of course

doubt they put articles on line but you are welcome to try

end of the story

Ghostly Presence
05-09-2007, 15:25
I would rather reply to my messages about my profession in private and consider this an exception

my latest article on Moscow appeared on the current issue of "Glamour", the italian version of course

end of the story

Oh, yeh! "Glamour" is a really serious international publication! Who sleeps with whom and where to shop for the best panties!

Bels
05-09-2007, 21:51
The question was asked"why would she go? My simple guess is that she was sent there by Language Link and she wants to experience something new. Like many people just like I was she wants to explore and see new place and find out for herself.

Clean32
05-09-2007, 22:15

end of the story

i think i will send them an e mail ??? shall i ?

SalTheReturn
06-09-2007, 15:00
i think i will send them an e mail ??? shall i ?

because you do not believe me or because, analogously to what has happened last year when expat.ruers emailed one of my employers, you cannot stand me and so would like to spout crap on my person? (unsuccessfully of course since no one could doubt my professionalism and my resume is very strong considering my young age)

anyway if your answer it is "i do not believe you", it would take me a minute to prove it. switch to PM if you are really interested in knowing

I am off.