PDA

View Full Version : Raiffeisen Bank Strogino ONLY

Benedikt
03-02-2011, 18:35
i know the post will be of limited interest but helpfull for people who need it.:rolleyes:
The bank did not change from a 'B' to an 'A' operation as it was supposed to do at the beginning of the year.:rolleyes:
It will happen only in April (2011).
I got the information from the cleaning lady :9456:there, this is no joke, she said, the teller ladies do not know it yet....:nut:
(it is the same in the hotel where i am working. the cleaning ladies know more about the happenings then the managers.....):yikes:

FatAndy
03-02-2011, 21:27
Welcome to real world, Neo (C) :D
Yes, these people usually are very well informed. It's because majority of other people accept them (cleaners, maids, waiters, other servicing personnel) as speaking (or even silent) "furniture" and don't hesitate to discuss sharp questions in their presence.

I got the information from the cleaning lady :9456:there, this is no joke, she said, the teller ladies do not know it yet....:nut:
(it is the same in the hotel where i am working. the cleaning ladies know more about the happenings then the managers.....):yikes:

Tutorry
28-02-2011, 21:24
I got the information from the cleaning lady there, this is no joke, she said, the teller ladies do not know it yet....
(it is the same in the hotel where i am working. the cleaning ladies know more about the happenings then the managers.....)

It's so common in Russia and it's so strange to meet a person that is surprised at this :D

gene1782
26-03-2011, 00:42
i know the post will be of limited interest but helpfull for people who need it.:rolleyes:
The bank did not change from a 'B' to an 'A' operation as it was supposed to do at the beginning of the year.:rolleyes:
It will happen only in April (2011).

lol, a cleaning lady?? If I'll tell you that according to an intern, GOOG price per share will drop 50% by monday, would you believe me?

bluesurf
26-03-2011, 11:10
We have been waiting for years for the change-over at Raiffaisen. It is one of those "see it when it happens" type of events I think. In other words, it will never happen. They seem more satisfied to close branches than switch them over.

Benedikt
29-03-2011, 06:40
We have been waiting for years for the change-over at Raiffaisen. It is one of those "see it when it happens" type of events I think. In other words, it will never happen. They seem more satisfied to close branches than switch them over.

they only did not say which year though. and i did not see the cleaning lady so it is not confirmed.:p

JoJo
16-05-2011, 00:25
confused1: acknowledging my ignorance; what is an "a" or "b" bank in russia?: the company we work with is recommending Raiffeisen for a bank.

FatAndy
16-05-2011, 16:34
Dunno exactly, but very probably those ratings like Moody’s Investors Service, Fitch, Standard & Poor's etc.

Benedikt
17-05-2011, 01:08
confused1: acknowledging my ignorance; what is an "a" or "b" bank in russia?: the company we work with is recommending Raiffeisen for a bank.

can't remember the name, and it apparently it takes time to change over the data base of the 'old' bank to the raiffeisen data base. untill that is done, and also a few other restrictions apply,the bank operates under the 'b' system, meaning not all services are available. like for instance, if/when i do not use my online/internet banking service for a month, my password and log in expires, for security and safety resons. to get a new one i have to go to an 'a' bank, where they have access to the complete data base.
or my credit card will be only issued at an 'a' office, which in my case was the office in tverskaya. very unusual system, but as the saying goes 'this is russia'...

JoJo
18-05-2011, 16:50
Thanks. and, due to your name, thinking you like to cook. I too enjoy cooking a good meal. What is the food like in Russia? Fresh veggies, fish? Do apartments have ovens? Asking because they do not have ovens in South Korea (our last job).

Benedikt
19-05-2011, 06:36
Thanks. and, due to your name, thinking you like to cook. I too enjoy cooking a good meal. What is the food like in Russia? Fresh veggies, fish? Do apartments have ovens? Asking because they do not have ovens in South Korea (our last job).
and yes, ideed Russian kitchens come well equipped, with ovens, a microwave amd whatever you need to store your million things that have to fit in there. dishwashers are not so common yet, but most expensive apartements have one. or when the owner deceides, his wife should have one, or the wife WANTS one....

i know, also in China many apartements have no kitchens since you get your food from one of the many little carts or from the food market. and don't have to cook at home. not a to bad idea either.
food in russia, due to the severe weather conditions i nwinter, has to be filling and nourishing. lots of thick soups, porridge made from buckwheat, one of my favorites by the way. pork, chicken and lamb are the 3 main meat dishes. beef is done mainly in stews and soups.. fish comes on the table fairly often, but FRESH fish or seafood comes at a premium price. lots of mayonnaise, sour cream and DILL seems to be verywhere sprinkled on.vegetables are plenty and available, but salads like lollo rosso,iceberg or ruccola are seldom if evver eaten or used in a 'average' russian household. excellent DARK bread, most expats seem to hate it, it is Bread where yo u have a mouthfull of bread, not the soft white 'cotton candy' variety as i call it.
so you see, in russia we have everything, can buy what we want, $$$$ or ruble permitting of course, many pensioneers are hard off indeed.

and life is great here, i like it, am here already when Gorby was still in power.

frankjohn2
28-05-2011, 23:37

Raiffeisen and another bank merged, but their computers systems did not. So, customers of a 'a' branch cannot bank at a 'b' branch and vice versa... at least not yet.