PDA

View Full Version : what to cook to a new girlfriend?

Verdana
28-01-2011, 16:55
unfortunately, the concept of 'inviting the new girlfriend for a dinner to your place' also includes a dinner itself...

waiting for your handy but effective ideas to impress my new girl!

shurale
28-01-2011, 18:14
I would cook for a new girlfriend her previous boyfriend.
So you could kill two birds with one stone. Feed her and make sure she doesn't return to the old flame.
Well, if she is a vegan, then I don't know... sorry.

Verdana
28-01-2011, 18:58
thanks shurale! although you are a really brutal guy, you lead me to a great idea!
i'll serve myself to her as the main dish... i hope she likes her food 'rare' ))

ruslawyers
28-01-2011, 19:18
It is late now, so, probably smth light as salad or fruits with Ice cream must be ok for her. And dont forget flowers - it is always pleasant and make ladies hearts softer, at least for dinner time :7534:

tasel
28-01-2011, 19:40
Try to make something exclusive. Probably, you would have asked her before what cuisine she loves!! Do not do something simple, even if it is a late night dinner and also try to make the dessert yourself (instead of buying it from the shop). Its worth doing, if she is someone special for you.

mrzuzzo
28-01-2011, 21:34
You just started dating the person and you're already cooking for her?? That is dangerous. You need to establish who is the leader in the relationship. You don't want to end up as a подкаблучник, as Russians say it. I think the best English translation for that word would be pussy-whooped but it's still not the same thing.

Good luck.

Kraven Morehead
28-01-2011, 21:37
I would cook for a new girlfriend her previous boyfriend.
So you could kill two birds with one stone. Feed her and make sure she doesn't return to the old flame.
Well, if she is a vegan, then I don't know... sorry.

Remember the movie

The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover

The wife of a barbaric crime boss engages in a secretive romance with a gentle bookseller between meals at her husband's restaurant. Food, colour coding, sex, murder, torture and cannibalism are the exotic fare in this beautifully filmed but brutally uncompromising modern fable which has been interpreted as an allegory for Thatcherism.

Swordfish90293
28-01-2011, 21:41
Check into a good hotel and order room service...

shurale
28-01-2011, 21:51
unfortunately, the concept of 'inviting the new girlfriend for a dinner to your place' also includes a dinner itself...

waiting for your handy but effective ideas to impress my new girl!

You could start with finding out if she likes good food (& good wine).
There are some people who don't care if you serve them some sausage with ketchup or T-bone steak, if you cooked that chicken broth or if you used a cube, if the veggies were fresh or canned. So, it could be better to buy her nice clothes instead.
---
If she spent years in Italy or her grandma is Italian, your attempt at impressing her with your lasagna will be mostly likely laughable.
---
Do you want to cook for her to bed her or because you want to please her?

mrzuzzo
28-01-2011, 21:52
Check into a good hotel and order room service...

Seriously... Best advice of this thread.

If shes already your girlfriend then you shouldnt be trying to impress by trying to be someone you aren't. Obviously you cant cook for sh*t or have no good ideas because its not something that youd do normally. Why not just be yourself? Take her to a restaurant or something and get a chance to enjoy yourself as well...

Or maybe you're omitting some important details here? Are you trying to get her into your bed for the first time or something?

Swordfish90293
28-01-2011, 22:00
Seriously... Best advice of this thread.

If shes already your girlfriend then you shouldnt be trying to impress by trying to be someone you aren't. Obviously you cant cook for sh*t or have no good ideas because its not something that youd do normally. Why not just be yourself? Take her to a restaurant or something and get a chance to enjoy yourself as well...

Or maybe you're omitting some important details here? Are you trying to get her into your bed for the first time or something?

FYI...chicks consider cooking for them one of the most romantic things a guy can do. The best chefs in the world are men, and it's but one element in conducting a romantic evening...but still nothing beats room service...

Nobbynumbnuts
28-01-2011, 22:07
Let me give you my "Leg-opener" menu.

Fresh Oysters on the half shell with lemon
Grilled filet mignon with Port wine sauce and Dauphanoise potatoes
Strawberries 'Fondue' Fresh strawberries with warm swiss chocolate dip

If that doesn't do the business, she's an ice maiden. ;)

mrzuzzo
28-01-2011, 22:08
FYI...chicks consider cooking for them one of the most romantic things a guy can do. The best chefs in the world are men, and it's but one element in conducting a romantic evening...but still nothing beats room service...

Ya bud for sure. Men are better than women at everything pretty much so that's hardly an argument.

I think cooking for a girl that you're just starting to date is a bit too much. It shows her how far youre willing to go and that can give her the impression that she can ask whatever she wants from you. I cook for my girlfriend on our anniversary or something, but we've been dating for a while and she still finds it romantic every time I do it. Other than that she hates me and thinks im an asshole.

FlakeySnowballer
28-01-2011, 22:12
What if she will not feel hungry :goblin:

FlakeySnowballer
28-01-2011, 22:15
Men are better than women at everything pretty much so that's hardly an argument.

Discussable ...

Verdana
28-01-2011, 22:22
wow Nobbynumbnuts!!!!

you are the winner of this thread )))))

mrzuzzo
28-01-2011, 22:24
Men are better than women at everything pretty much so that's hardly an argument.

Discussable ...

That's exactly why I said *pretty much* everything, but not absolutely everything.

Nobbynumbnuts
28-01-2011, 22:27
wow Nobbynumbnuts!!!!

you are the winner of this thread )))))

Pm me your mobile number. :verycool:

Kraven Morehead
28-01-2011, 22:43
Dessert Wine or liqueur afterwards is a good choice
Port, Sherry, Ice Wine (probably hard to find).

If not, Fondue with strawberries and chocolate.

Verdana
28-01-2011, 22:46
guys, you are really obsessed with fondue!! had no idea that it was that much useful... i am planning to start up a new thread for questioning your 'post fondue experiences'...
great!!! ))

Kraven Morehead
28-01-2011, 22:54
guys, you are really obsessed with fondue!! had no idea that it was that much useful... i am planning to start up a new thread for questioning your 'post fondue experiences'...
great!!! ))

Chocolate has certain effects on the brain to stimulate

FOR a long time women have compared chocolate to sex. Now doctors have discovered a scientific link between the two.

According to Italian researchers, women who eat chocolate regularly have a better sex life than those who deny themselves the treat. Those consuming the sugary snack had the highest levels of desire, arousal and satisfaction from sex.

The urologists from San Raffaele hospital, Milan, questioned 163 women about their consumption of chocolate as well as their experience of sexual fulfilment.

The study, which will be presented at the European Society for Sexual Medicine in London next month, found: “Women who have a daily intake of chocolate showed higher levels of desire than women who did not have this habit. Chocolate can have a positive physiological impact on a woman’s sexuality.”

Dr Andrea Salonia, author of the study — funded from a university research budget, not by the confectionery industry — said women who have a low libido could even become more amorous after eating chocolate. He believes chocolate could be particularly medicinal for women who shun sex because they are suffering from premenstrual tension.

“Chocolate is not like a food, it is like a drug. Women who suffer mood swings as a result of their menstrual cycle may also suffer a dip in their sexual function. I strongly believe eating chocolate may improve their sexual function,” said Salonia.

The research looked at the lifestyle habits that affect women’s sex lives. It also looked at smoking and coffee consumption but found no links with sexual enjoyment. Some might argue, however, that women who like chocolate are simply more sensually attuned.

Neither of these properties by themselves provides the connection between eating chocolates and heightened sexual pleasure. It is in fact the rush of endorphins produced by eating chocolates, particularly dark chocolates, which is most similar to the bliss associated with a healthy sexual relationship. Chocolate also contains phenyl-ethylamine which is known to stimulate the release of dopamine into the pleasure centers commonly associated with an orgasm.

In addition to this scientific evidence, a great deal of behavioral research has been done to study the sexual behavior of women who eat a lot of chocolate and those who don't. The conclusion of this is that women who consume large quantities of chocolate have more satisfying sex lives. However the reverse correlation could also be assumed where women with satisfying sex lives tend to eat more chocolate.

Despite the fact that the relationship between sex and chocolate can't be proven with 100% certainty, the scientific evidence combined with behavioral studies provides a compelling argument for cocoa's impact on our sexual drive - it is convincing enough for chocolate to have become a part of my daily diet!

I recommend that you buy chocolate with a high cocoa content which taste better and do not contain extra sugars and oils like candy bars found in most shops. My personal favorite, Neuhaus chocolates, is an example of where you can get dark chocolate with a high cocoa content and a resulting surfeit of pleasure. To paraphrase the Song of Solomon, 'Stay me with flagons and comfort me with chocolates, for I am sick with love'.

CatTV
28-01-2011, 22:55
I'd recommend sea food. It's good for sex and it's light. Girls're afraid of pilling on new weight. And fruits of course. Don't give her drink too much alcohol.:ok:

Nobbynumbnuts
28-01-2011, 23:00
............i am planning to start up a new thread for questioning your 'post fondue experiences'...
great!!! ))

Well, let me be the first to comment.
All my 'post fondue experiences' have been very passionate and satisfying.

Verdana
28-01-2011, 23:03
your posts look really promising Nubby!! seems like i'll buy a fondue kit asap ))..

Nobbynumbnuts
28-01-2011, 23:10
your posts look really promising Nubby!! seems like i'll buy a fondue kit asap ))..

No need. Let me fondue you.

mrzuzzo
28-01-2011, 23:20
No need. Let me fondue you.

No offense but that sounds really gay.

Verdana
28-01-2011, 23:27
mr z.. first of all how do you know that we both are guys/girls? and the second.. what if we are gays.. than what?

tvadim133
28-01-2011, 23:30
mr z.. first of all how do you know that we both are guys/girls? and the second.. what if we are gays.. than what?

we are just a bit conservative here! :)

Besides, you wrote to "a new girlfriend", not "to a new boyfriend"!

So ....but...after Nobby's remark, I do not know, what to think.... should we?

Verdana
28-01-2011, 23:42
guys, then i advice you both to have a look at Nobby's avatar and then lets discuss the issue further ))...
@Nobby: r u a guy? ))

tvadim133
28-01-2011, 23:47
guys, then i advice you both to have a look at Nobby's avatar and then lets discuss the issue further ))...

Does Nobby have an avatar?

I always thought, he was a boy (a man) in reading his posts!

Though, instead of confessing, what gender Nobby "has", there is a sign of a fig leaf.

So the leaf can be interpreted differently indeed!

Verdana
28-01-2011, 23:50
yes 'she' has man! )))..

mrzuzzo
28-01-2011, 23:50
If you look at his sig it says "aka trebor" which is a male name. Then again, his location points to Bangkok.. which means he could be either male, female, or a hybrid of the two.

OP, why don't you go get "fondued" by Nobby and tell us how it was? :gay:

senti
28-01-2011, 23:53
try to make good taste of food like thai or indian food its nice and prepared dinner with wine,candle and flowers thats all!!

tvadim133
28-01-2011, 23:53
Nobby!

Help us!

We are lost!

Verdana
28-01-2011, 23:57
yeah guys, somebody needs to solve this case otherwise it will get more and more complicated... @Nobby: i really want to know who the hell you are, before i dip smth in to that hot chocolate ))))

anitalu
29-01-2011, 00:33
... y si pasan directamente a los postres...:fireworks:

sweetfart
29-01-2011, 03:40
Generally anything with a French or Italian twist is a romantic dinner. Just don't do something trailer trash like macaroni & cheese with microwavable pizza rolls. Stay away from finger foods or anything that can be messy.

-Appetizer: Bruschetta (very easy to make: diced tomatoes seasoned in vinagrette on hardened bread slices)
-Main plate:
*portion of either Caesar or Italian dressing salad (Romaine lettuce NOT iceberg lettuce!)
*portion of something with either chicken or fish (but if you don't know how to cook fish, stay away - this can be messed up easily)
*and a soup such as potatoe soup with a lot of herbs grounded up in it (I don't actually know how to make this)
-dessert: tiramisu cake, frozen yogurt with sliced strawberries on it (and take the leaves and stems off it, retard)
-hard red wine

Portions should be big enough that she doesn't stay hungry but small enough so that you're not implying she's a fat cow who needs a lot of grub to fuel up.

KennyK
29-01-2011, 06:20
I'd definitely prepare something requires you both to use your hands when eating, rather than cutlery - a much sexier way of feeding each other, especially appropriate for starters and pudding/dessert.

And for starter, I'd recommend mussels, simply cooked, mariniere, or to make them extra special, add saffron and cream to mariniere base.

For dessert, making and eating pancakes together is always a winner - you get to toss (!) them together, with occasional hilarious consequences...

Chocolate fondue with berries also never fails, as recommended earlier.

The above are so easy to prepare too.

If you are not having pancakes, you could also have fajitas as a main course.

Food to eat together should be delicious and fun.

Nobbynumbnuts
29-01-2011, 07:15
No offense but that sounds really gay.

A little jealousy creeping in there? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
29-01-2011, 07:18
we are just a bit conservative here! :)

Besides, you wrote to "a new girlfriend", not "to a new boyfriend"!

So ....but...after Nobby's remark, I do not know, what to think.... should we?

............okay, i thought Verdana was female. If she's not i retract the statement!
I definately don't want to be fondueing guys!! :vomit:

Nobbynumbnuts
29-01-2011, 07:23

I was last time i looked! ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
29-01-2011, 07:25
If you look at his sig it says "aka trebor" which is a male name. Then again, his location points to Bangkok.. which means he could be either male, female, or a hybrid of the two.

OP, why don't you go get "fondued" by Nobby and tell us how it was? :gay:

mrzuzzo, you're cracking me up! :rofl:

Nobbynumbnuts
29-01-2011, 07:36
Generally anything with a French or Italian twist is a romantic dinner. Just don't do something trailer trash like macaroni & cheese with microwavable pizza rolls. Stay away from finger foods or anything that can be messy.

-Appetizer: Bruschetta (very easy to make: diced tomatoes seasoned in vinagrette on hardened bread slices)
-Main plate:
*portion of either Caesar or Italian dressing salad (Romaine lettuce NOT iceberg lettuce!)
*portion of something with either chicken or fish (but if you don't know how to cook fish, stay away - this can be messed up easily)
*and a soup such as potatoe soup with a lot of herbs grounded up in it (I don't actually know how to make this)
-dessert: tiramisu cake, frozen yogurt with sliced strawberries on it (and take the leaves and stems off it, retard)
-hard red wine

Portions should be big enough that she doesn't stay hungry but small enough so that you're not implying she's a fat cow who needs a lot of grub to fuel up.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Also, stay away from very strong flavours like garlic for instance. Neither of you wants to be smelling like an Italian babushka's apron.
Keep it simple and stay with what you are comfortable with preparing. This is not a time to be experimenting.
Allow plenty of time to prepare everything and remember 'attention to details' is what will win her over!

Best of luck. :shamp:

Daniel
29-01-2011, 10:13
I think most of girls like sweeties too much!So, it could be nice to her if you would cook some nice desert for her-cake for example! :celebrate:

BrandonL
29-01-2011, 10:25
I think most of girls like sweeties too much!So, it could be nice to her if you would cook some nice desert for her-cake for example! :celebrate:

Big Mac, French fries, and a coke

If you want to impress her, make it a large coke, and large French fries, so she at least knows your willing to spend some extra cash on her.
I'd recommend M&Ms for desert, you can share them, , you could feed her these, to show your romantic side, and your willingness to share.

tvadim133
29-01-2011, 11:28
Big Mac, French fries, and a coke

If you want to impress her, make it a large coke, and large French fries, so she at least knows your willing to spend some extra cash on her.
I'd recommend M&Ms for desert, you can share them, , you could feed her these, to show your romantic side, and your willingness to share.

You are cruel! :)

shurale
29-01-2011, 19:52
Verdana,
I once had a girlfriend. I tried to teach her English, but it didn't work well. She was looking at me, listening to 'I speak, you speak, he speaks', etc, but when I asked her anything, it was clear that not a portion of that grammar matter had sunk in. So, we tried, but she always looked at me dreamily and then she wanted a kiss and we would kiss and after that effectively ended the language lesson.
I mean if she really loves you (like my girlfriend did), then you can just make sandwiches with generic cheese or generic sausage and drink wine and years later she would think you had great time.
If she doesn't love you... well, then why bother?

robertmf
29-01-2011, 20:35

:11629: tiramasu ... or strawberries & cream

sweetfart
29-01-2011, 22:31
I'd definitely prepare something requires you both to use your hands when eating, rather than cutlery - a much sexier way of feeding each other, especially appropriate for starters and pudding/dessert.

And for starter, I'd recommend mussels, simply cooked, mariniere, or to make them extra special, add saffron and cream to mariniere base.

For dessert, making and eating pancakes together is always a winner - you get to toss (!) them together, with occasional hilarious consequences...

Chocolate fondue with berries also never fails, as recommended earlier.

The above are so easy to prepare too.

If you are not having pancakes, you could also have fajitas as a main course.

Food to eat together should be delicious and fun.
No way, dude. That's after you've been dating her for a while. Finger foods and messy foods would make her feel uncomfortable, because she could easily get sauce all over her face and drop it on her clothes. Then she will be embarrassed. If you guys aren't at the point in the relationship where you're comfortable enough to fart in front of each other (a sign of TRUE love), you should avoid any messy foods. Hygiene is a big issue for most people in the beginning of the dating stage.

This is a dinner to make an impression.

Nobbynumbnuts
30-01-2011, 08:15
.............If you guys aren't at the point in the relationship where you're comfortable enough to fart in front of each other (a sign of TRUE love), you should avoid any messy foods..............

So if she starts farting profusely after the meal, you've made a real impression! ;)

sweetfart
30-01-2011, 09:03
So if she starts farting profusely after the meal, you've made a real impression! ;)

That's why you don't make any dishes with beans or eggs in it.

Nobbynumbnuts
30-01-2011, 09:33
That's why you don't make any dishes with beans or eggs in it.

sweetfart (i do doubt the sincerity of your name)
these are not the only products to give you wind. ;)