PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a charity to donate clothes

kazachka
07-01-2011, 19:40
one that will come to ME to pickup because I cannot possibly haul this stuff across town. (well meet not too far from my metro since I have a policy of not letting strangers know exactly where I live)I've once again cleaned and purged old but still in decent condition stuff from my closet. Really tired of piling it up on the balcony and I don;t want to just throw it out for some drunken disgusting bomzh. Mostly tops/bottoms women's US sizes 2-4 a few0s in there toodepending on the brand and cut. Tops- well stuff that fits a woman who is just over 5'9"(176) and weighs 51-53ish.

SandraOK
08-01-2011, 16:18
Hi Kazachka,
Some churches accept old clothes, collect it and then dispense to the needy.
I usually donate my old clothes to the Church of Ilia The Prophet which is located at 17 Bol'shaya Cherkizovskaya street.
Theretically I could take yours when I'll go next time there, but this will be not very soon as I cleaned my closet only last month :)

ds2875
12-01-2011, 21:26
Not sure if they pick up, but I've donated clothes before. Check out the contacts section of their website.

Uncle Pasha
17-01-2011, 21:18
One place I know of is a center run by Doctor Liza, Pyatnitskaya 17, right by Metro Novokuznetskaya. The problem is that Dr. Liza works with "old drunken smelly dusgusting bomzh" types you don't like.

At least you could have mentioned what part of town you are in. That would make a difference to anyone able to pick things up. I understand being secretive about where you live but not to such extent!

I know a woman in Staritsa who looks after a number of single mothers. But Staritsa is 200km south west from Moscow. I'm there occasionally.

Pasha

JNH
30-01-2011, 17:30
If you haven't already found a place to donate your clothes, there is a church in southeast Moscow, I believe,-Ul. Azovskaya 39, that has had a clothing distribution program. They might even pick up clothes. The last ph. number I had for them is: 318 00 33. You could try that.

kazachka
30-01-2011, 21:21
One place I know of is a center run by Doctor Liza, Pyatnitskaya 17, right by Metro Novokuznetskaya. The problem is that Dr. Liza works with "old drunken smelly dusgusting bomzh" types you don't like.

At least you could have mentioned what part of town you are in. That would make a difference to anyone able to pick things up. I understand being secretive about where you live but not to such extent!

I know a woman in Staritsa who looks after a number of single mothers. But Staritsa is 200km south west from Moscow. I'm there occasionally.

Pasha

Kuzminki- 3 min from the metro 3 min from the park depending on which direction you head. I don't know of any charities in this area. My housekeeper took some but there is still a balcony full. Old running shoes are the only easy thing to donate-my housekeeper-also a runner distributes them to the pensioner types who otherwise would be showing up at races in their old Soviet Addidas!