PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool's New Stadium - New Picture

Len Ganley Stance
28-07-2007, 12:24
The San GIRO..........

Judge
28-07-2007, 13:00
San Giro,very clever.Not as clever as Old Toilet.

kste22
30-07-2007, 16:38
How unfunny is that! The picture is not even funny! At least come up with something decent! Or has playing at the Theatre of Scaffolding knocked all the humour out of you!

Len Ganley Stance
31-07-2007, 12:26
How unfunny is that! The picture is not even funny! At least come up with something decent! Or has playing at the Theatre of Scaffolding knocked all the humour out of you!

kste,

You and Judge-Mental should stay over on www.redmuppets.ru, and let us on here get on with doing the funny stuff.

By the way, welcome to Moscow. I hope you're settling in ok.

kste22
31-07-2007, 12:37
kste,

You and Judge-Mental should stay over on www.redmuppets.ru, and let us on here get on with doing the funny stuff.

Thanks settling in fine!

jl74
31-07-2007, 17:38
and they will STILL WIN F*** ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

kste22
31-07-2007, 17:43
and they will STILL WIN F*** ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Like Chavski did for the last century, until they splashed the cash bought everthing oh except for the European cup, some how eluded them, but hey for 500 million not a bad return! Oh and really great fans too!

Judge
01-08-2007, 12:25
kste,

Some of us post in here to put the prawn sarnie brigade in its place.
kste,i have a good feeling about this season,one of my predictions is that Liverpool will be top by xmas.Staying top till the end will be a different story because with us always going far in the Champs League,it might just be too much.

kste22
01-08-2007, 13:46
Some of us post in here to put the prawn sarnie brigade in its place.
kste,i have a good feeling about this season,one of my predictions is that Liverpool will be top by xmas.Staying top till the end will be a different story because with us always going far in the Champs League,it might just be too much.

I agree with you Judge, although we tend to have are strongest run's at the latter part of the season! Everyone points at the gap in points at the end of last season, although for the last three games we played understrength line up's, in games which would probably have been 9 points in a title race!

The start is key and 3 points against Villa needs to happen! Either way i think Manure or Chavski are in pole postition, lets just go about quietly getting on with it and let Fat Frank Lampard Junior and Whiskey Breath do all the talking!

Judge
01-08-2007, 15:36
I agree with you Judge, although we tend to have are strongest run's at the latter part of the season! Everyone points at the gap in points at the end of last season, although for the last three games we played understrength line up's, in games which would probably have been 9 points in a title race!

The start is key and 3 points against Villa needs to happen! Either way i think Manure or Chavski are in pole postition, lets just go about quietly getting on with it and let Fat Frank Lampard Junior and Whiskey Breath do all the talking!

We also need to win our home games against the top 3 teams,drawing isn't good enough.No team can afford a 3 game blip,UTD and Chelsea might drop the odd point but they get back to winning ways quicker than Liverpool do.
Alot will depend on Torres,if he settles in well, then we could be onto something here,if Torres has a dodgy start,the media will get on his back and put pressure on him,i think he will be a huge success at Liverpool(fingers crossed)

Len Ganley Stance
01-08-2007, 17:42
i have a good feeling about this season,one of my predictions is that Liverpool will be top by xmas.Staying top till the end will be a different story because with us always going far in the Champs League,it might just be too much.

Judge,

Even by your standards that is a p*ss poor attempt at a wind up.

Based on your previous record of predictions, it's probably safe to say that you've just put the kibosh on Liverpool's season.

Can we have a full list of your other predictions so we can see how you get on? It should make hilarious reading.

kste22
01-08-2007, 17:50
I'll give a prediction for the season 'down at Old Scaffolding Whiskey Breath's nose to get a little redder as the season goes on'

Judge
01-08-2007, 18:19
Judge,

Even by your standards that is a p*ss poor attempt at a wind up.

Based on your previous record of predictions, it's probably safe to say that you've just put the kibosh on Liverpool's season.

Can we have a full list of your other predictions so we can see how you get on? It should make hilarious reading.

It's a good job all the old posts got lost ..

Len Ganley Stance
02-08-2007, 12:16
I'll give a prediction for the season 'down at Old Scaffolding Whiskey Breath's nose to get a little redder as the season goes on'

Kste22,

That's not called giving a prediction - that's called stating the bleeding obvious.

It's a good job all the old posts got lost ..

Judge-Mental,

Considering that it's highly probable that posts will get lost again on here, I'm almost tempted to start a log of your predictions for the coming season. Based on past performances, it should make entertaining reading by the end of the season, or based on this..........

one of my predictions is that Liverpool will be top by xmas...

by Christmas.

Judge
02-08-2007, 14:31
Here's my first prediction for the start of the footy season.
Liverpool will finish above UTD at the end of the season.
I didn't mention which UTD.

kste22
02-08-2007, 14:36
See the Heinze thing should be sorted by Friday or Monday at the latest! Either way its a victory for LFC, we get are player or Manure have an unsettled argie on there hands! Im sure Slur Alex will be mightily pleased!

Judge
02-08-2007, 14:41
That's good news if he joins.Fergie should of kept his big mouth shut ,not wanting to sell to Liverpool.

Len Ganley Stance
02-08-2007, 14:57
kste22,

We'll see if it will be sorted by Friday - I doubt that it will but time will tell. He's a very good player although last season he was coming back from injury, so United didn't see the best of him. He'd be a good aquisition for your lot, if the deal does go through and is comfortable at either left back or in central defense. United will put up a fight to not let him go to Liverpool and considering the rivalry, that's fair enough. Fergie probably missed a trick here by not saying something along the lines of 'Well ok, we will sell Heinze to Liverpool, afterall he's not our first choice left back. So, Liverpool can have him but for not six million quid as is being mentioned in the newspapers. Instead he can move to Liverpool for four million quid. Plus Stevie Gerrard'.

He's called Judge-Mental because clearly he is,

If you read back through this thread, you will probably notice that you have in fact made two predictions -

1) Liverpool will be top by Xmas

and now....

2) Liverpool will finish above UTD at the end of the season. I didn't mention which UTD.

There's probably a reasonable chance of one of those predictions coming true. If that is the case and providing you don't make any other predictions between now and the end of the season, getting 50% of your predictions right, would be a marked improvement on your previous record. I suggest that you might quit while you're ahead and don't make any more predictions.

kste22
02-08-2007, 15:35
So, Liverpool can have him but for not six million quid as is being mentioned in the newspapers. Instead he can move to Liverpool for four million quid. Plus Stevie Gerrard'

If Slur Alex would say this he must have been drinking the same water that made Rio forget! Or Cantona talk about segulls or basically the whole of Salford dreams about winning the European Cup 5 times!

Len Ganley Stance
02-08-2007, 15:46
the whole of Salford dreams about winning the European Cup 5 times!

Kste22,

You should really change the way you sign some of your posts from YNWA to YAWN or perhaps it's a case of 'Dyslexia Rules K.O.!' Just Joking!!!

Judge
02-08-2007, 15:48
kste22,

We'll see if it will be sorted by Friday - I doubt that it will but time will tell. He's a very good player although last season he was coming back from injury, so United didn't see the best of him. He'd be a good aquisition for your lot, if the deal does go through and is comfortable at either left back or in central defense. United will put up a fight to not let him go to Liverpool and considering the rivalry, that's fair enough. Fergie probably missed a trick here by not saying something along the lines of 'Well ok, we will sell Heinze to Liverpool, afterall he's not our first choice left back. So, Liverpool can have him but for not six million quid as is being mentioned in the newspapers. Instead he can move to Liverpool for four million quid. Plus Stevie Gerrard'.

He's called Judge-Mental because clearly he is,

If you read back through this thread, you will probably notice that you have in fact made two predictions -

1) Liverpool will be top by Xmas

and now....

2) Liverpool will finish above UTD at the end of the season. I didn't mention which UTD.

There's probably a reasonable chance of one of those predictions coming true. If that is the case and providing you don't make any other predictions between now and the end of the season, getting 50% of your predictions right, would be a marked improvement on your previous record. I suggest that you might quit while you're ahead and don't make any more predictions.

Go on then Len, make a prediction yourself..UTD have spent a bit of cash this summer( 50 odd mil),you should expect a decent run in the Champs League(final atleast) and fight all the way for the league.
The thing is Len, i'm confident in Rafa bringing the league back home to where it belongs.

Len Ganley Stance
02-08-2007, 16:09
Go on then Len, make a prediction yourself..UTD have spent a bit of cash this summer( 50 odd mil),you should expect a decent run in the Champs League(final atleast) and fight all the way for the league.
The thing is Len, i'm confident in Rafa bringing the league back home to where it belongs.

Judge,

I'm not going to make any rash predictions about United. We have spent a lot of cash on the four players we've signed. Of the four though, I would reckon that the only one we'll see a lot of will be Owen Hargreaves as Anderson and Nani have clearly been bought for the future (beyond this season in other words). I'd be very surprised if they start more than a handful of League games for us, when everyone else is fit. Our only other signing was Thomas Kuszczak who was our reserve keeper last year (he was on loan to us from the Baggies).

Up front, unless we do sign Tevez, we are very light on options. It looks like Alan Smith will go but I am really p*ssed off that we have let Rossi go. Maybe Fergie thought he was too lightweight for the Prem, but I would have liked to see him stay for another season at least. Mind you the fee they got for him (something like 6.5 million depending on what paper you read) was a sizeable amount. I'm surprised that Saha wasn't sold - he's made of glass - but am delighted that Richardson has gone. That said, I think he'll do ok at Sunderland and needed a kick up the backside.

Winning the League is very difficult but retaining it is even more so. We will give it a go though, but I actually fancy Chelsea to regain it. In Europe, we'll probably do our usual and blow out after the Group stages but nowhere the Final. We are pretty clueless when it comes to playing in Europe.

Judge
02-08-2007, 16:20
I can see UTD getting out of the group stages,with Hargreaves in your side you will be able to match the likes of AC Milan and Bafalona in midfield,having noone to hold the midfield was Utd's problem against Milan.
It all depends how good Anderson and Nani are,if they are good enough they will make the first 11 if not then they will sit on the bench and complain,these guys want to play football,not warm up the bench.
I agree with you on your striker problem,Utd need van the horse kind of player,Fergie will regret selling him.

Len Ganley Stance
02-08-2007, 16:37
I agree with you on your striker problem,Utd need van the horse kind of player,Fergie will regret selling him.

I don't think that we do need another Van Nistelrooy type striker. I think that he was becoming a disruptive influence in the dressing room a.l.a. Jaap Stam, and that's why Fergie sold him. For sure, he's a fantastic goalscorer but the way United played when he was with us was in effect 4-4-1-1 (Van Nistelrooy up front, with Rooney playing just behind him). I've always believed that United are better when they play two up front or even play 4-3-3. I think that if we do sign Tevez - the way it's going I'd be surprised if we see him before January! - we should have enough firepower up front to have a good season.

It should be interesting to see how your signings fare. Voronin, I think is a very ordinary player, but is probably the sort of player that will do well in the Premiership. I reckon that he will settle in quicker than Torres as the Bundesleague is not too dissimilar to the Prem. I also reckon that it's easier to score goals in Spain than it is in the Prem which is why I think that, unless Torres makes a good start and gets on the scoresheet in the first few games, Voronin will settle in quicker. The weight of expectation is heavier on Torres than it is on Voronin / Kuyt / Crouch and whichever other strikers you have.

kste22
02-08-2007, 17:23
I'll do my honest prediction;

The League

The top 2 will include Liverpool and Manure, Arsenal 3rd Chavski 4th!

Chelsea will again reach the European Cup Semi's! Liverpool will be in those Semi's again too, Manure's progression will depend on who they face in the knockout stages, an italian team and they are still on number 2!!

Judge
02-08-2007, 17:31
Nistelrooy gave Utd the option to have one lone striker which is a good option to have,you're right Utd are at their best when they play 4-3-3 but you can't play every game like that,especially away from home in europe.I'm not sure how many goals Utd's strikers have scored between them since Nistelrooy left but none of them come close to Nisrtelrooy.About Stam and Nistelrooy disruptive influences in the dressing room,i find that hard to believe,it's all about handling the player and treating them right,Stam and Nistelrooy joined better teams and are still winning cups.

Alot is expected from Torres and it should be at that price,but he will come good,a good start to the season will do him the world of good.I recon Voronin will be a dark horse this season and will be one of our best strikers,like you said ''expectation is heavier on Torres'', and not on Voronin.Liverpool's other 2 (Crouch/Kuyt)main strikers haven't been that long at the club, butit's time for them to start getting on the scoresheet more or they will be shown the door.Crouch, fair enough, he doesn't play much but when he does he's our best striker,i would give him more of a run.

Judge
02-08-2007, 17:36
By the way Len, it's not about making a rash prediction,it's about having confidence in your team.I recon UTD will do very well in europe this time,they will puch for a semi- final spot with ease.It's gonna be between english clubs and spainish clubs for the champs league,from Italy i can only see Inter doing well, Inter have said that the Champs League is their goal this season,it's been years since they won it.

Len Ganley Stance
02-08-2007, 18:01
Nistelrooy gave Utd the option to have one lone striker which is a good option to have,you're right Utd are at their best when they play 4-3-3 but you can't play every game like that,especially away from home in europe.I'm not sure how many goals Utd's strikers have scored between them since Nistelrooy left but none of them come close to Nisrtelrooy.About Stam and Nistelrooy disruptive influences in the dressing room,i find that hard to believe,it's all about handling the player and treating them right,Stam and Nistelrooy joined better teams and are still winning cups.

In Van Nistelrooy's last season at United, we scored 72 goals in the League. Last season we scored 83. We had a better spread of players scoring throughout the team than in the previous couple of seasons. Is that down to Van Nistelrooy being played as a lone striker. Possibly.

Fergie is very good at managing players, but once they think they're bigger than the club is, he does the right thing, for the club, and shows them the door. I'll ignore your attempt of trying to wind me up by suggesting that Stam and Van Nistelrooy joined better teams. Very poor attempt.

kste22
02-08-2007, 18:19
In Van Nistelrooy's last season at United, we scored 72 goals in the League. Last season we scored 83. We had a better spread of players scoring throughout the team than in the previous couple of seasons. Is that down to Van Nistelrooy being played as a lone striker. Possibly.

Fergie is very good at managing players, but once they think they're bigger than the club is, he does the right thing, for the club, and shows them the door. I'll ignore your attempt of trying to wind me up by suggesting that Stam and Van Nistelrooy joined better teams. Very poor attempt.

Jaap Stamp did join a better team, AC Milan nicely dispatched Manure 3 seasons ago i remeber and im sure their cup record over the period has been better than Manure's! The horse well he joined Madrid and since he has won one league, possibly stayed at manure and won the same one league so i believe Man ure and Madrid are on an even fielding

Judge
02-08-2007, 21:47
Jaap Stamp did join a better team, AC Milan nicely dispatched Manure 3 seasons ago i remeber and im sure their cup record over the period has been better than Manure's! The horse well he joined Madrid and since he has won one league, possibly stayed at manure and won the same one league so i believe Man ure and Madrid are on an even fielding
And didn't AC knock out UTD in last seasons Champ Leage,Kaka ripped them apart.

Judge
02-08-2007, 21:50

Len,it wasn't meant as a wind up,it's the truth,anyone with a decent knowledge of football knows this.

kste22
03-08-2007, 09:14

Its true, but seeing as Len likes to over analyse everyword likes its the only information he get's everyday, that team didnt included Stamp so i thought id rear guard myself!

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 09:42

Kste,

Youíre actually wrong. Jaap Stam DID NOT join AC Milan from Manchester United. He actually joined Lazio and was with them from 2001 to 2004. He won the Coppa Italia with them and during his time there he also received a five month ban (later reduced to one month) for testing positive for a banned steroid.

Jaap Stam joined AC Milan from Lazio and spent two seasons with them before returning to Holland where he joined Ajax. During his time at Milan he won precisely f*ck all / diddly squat / nada. At United, he was part of the Treble team (thatís the non plastic treble) that also won the Intercontinental Cup during the same season. He won a further Premiership title with United.

Your point about what Van Nist has won at Madrid against what he would have won at United has some merit - on their day, Madrid are an excellent football team but the club is run more like a circus than a football club. Would you like if Liverpool was run in the same shambolic manner? I think not.

Judge,

Kaka did indeed rip United apart last season, particulary at Old Trafford, where thanks to comical defending he scored twice. United actually won the home leg 3-2 but we got stuffed 3-0 at the San Siro (Kaka scored one).

Jaap Stam though was playing for Ajax last season. He did however play for Milan against United in the last 16 during the 2004/05 season, when Milan beat United 2-nil on aggregate. He only played in the game in Milan though. Hernan Crespo scored a goal in each leg to dump United out. Over the two legs in that tie, it was pretty evenly balanced, but if you don't score you don't win games. Last season, even going into the second leg with a one-goal advantage from the home tie, I never expected United to progress. United have played Milan four times in the European Cup. Three of those ties were Semi-Finals. Milan have beaten United (aggregate scores) on all four occasions and United have never scored an away goal against them.

Len,it wasn't meant as a wind up,it's the truth,anyone with a decent knowledge of football knows this.

I think you need to brush up on your football knowledge sunshine.

kste22
03-08-2007, 10:01
[QUOTE=Len Ganley Stance;272427]Kste,

You’re actually wrong. Jaap Stam DID NOT join AC Milan from Manchester United. He actually joined Lazio and was with them from 2001 to 2004. He won the Coppa Italia with them and during his time there he also received a five month ban (later reduced to one month) for testing positive for a banned steroid.

Jaap Stam joined AC Milan from Lazio and spent two seasons with them before returning to Holland where he joined Ajax. During his time at Milan he won precisely f*ck all / diddly squat / nada. At United, he was part of the Treble team (that’s the non plastic treble) that also won the Intercontinental Cup during the same season. He won a further Premiership title with United.

Conceed my knowledge on the career of Jaap Stamp is not so good! Although i forgot he tested for drugs, maybe got them off Rio, but wasnt as smart as plug and went for his test!

End of the day as badly as madrid has been run over that period the return was exactly the same as manures!

Judge
03-08-2007, 10:11
A 1000 apologies Len,you're right he did join Lazio first,but AC and Real are better clubs than UTD,that's not a wind up.Only Liverpool can be talked about in the same sentence with AC and Real.

kste22
03-08-2007, 10:16
A 1000 apologies Len,you're right he did join Lazio first,but AC and Real are better clubs than UTD,that's not a wind up.Only Liverpool can be talked about in the same sentence with AC and Real.

It is true that blue badge sits nicely on the shirt! Very exclusive club!!! I hear its hard to join nearly impossible!

Judge
03-08-2007, 10:25
Len if you don't know what we are talking about,here's the list of the exclusive club.

* 1967: Real Madrid after six wins, 1956-60 and 1966. They have since won three more times, in 1998, 2000, and 2002.
* 1973: Ajax Amsterdam, after a third consecutive win. They won a fourth in 1995.
* 1976: Bayern Munich, after a third consecutive win. They won a fourth in 2001.
* 1994: A.C. Milan, after their fifth title. They have since won two more times, in 2003 and 2007.
* 2005: Liverpool, after their fifth title.

kste22
03-08-2007, 10:35
Just wait for the haven't won the premier league!!!

Judge
03-08-2007, 11:21

That job belongs to Mr Skyman... jl74 .

Champs league draw is on at 2.There are a few strong teams in the draw.

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 12:03

kste,

Bloody hell mate, give me more credit than that.

As Judge pointed out that's the Skyman's job to bring that into the discussion.

I could of course be a pedantic idiot and point out to Judge that it seems to me that as AC and Real are higher up the food chain in this 'exclusive club' with seven and six wins respectively and that Liverpool are only a 'third tier club'. I won't be pedantic though. I'll just carry on being an idiot!

More banter later.

kste22
03-08-2007, 12:03
That job belongs to Mr Skyman... jl74 .

Champs league draw is on at 2.There are a few strong teams in the draw.

I am correct in thinking we could get Spartak??????????

kste22
03-08-2007, 12:05
kste,

Bloody hell mate, give me more credit than that.

As Judge pointed out that's the Skyman's job to bring that into the discussion.

I could of course be a pedantic idiot and point out to Judge that it seems to me that as AC and Real are higher up the food chain in this 'exclusive club' with seven and six wins respectively and that Liverpool are only a 'third tier club'. I won't be pedantic though. I'll just carry on being an idiot!

More banter later.

Funny, although does that mean Manure are in the same tier as Nottingham Forest, a truly respectable level to be at

kste22
03-08-2007, 12:12
Yes Judge i have just seen we could get Spartak, that would be great! Althought Spartak are doing well at the moment!

Unseeded teams coef.
------------------------ --- -------------
Sparta Praha Cze 37.851
FenerbahÁe Tur 36.791
AEK Athens Gre 36.415
Dinamo Bucuresti Rom 34.255
Slavia Praha ** Cze 32.851
Rosenborg BK ** Nor 31.509
Spartak Moscow Rus 27.920
Red Star Belgrade ** Srb 19.256
FC KÝbenhavn ** Den 19.129
Toulouse FC Fra 17.706
Dinamo Zagreb * Cro 17.533
Racing Genk ** Bel 15.594
DVSC Debrecen ** Hun 11.675
FC ZŁrich Sui 9.869
FC Salzburg ** Aut 9.104
APOEL Nicosia * Cyp 6.492

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 12:47
Funny, although does that mean Manure are in the same tier as Nottingham Forest, a truly respectable level to be at

One spot above Aston Villa though :)

Judge
03-08-2007, 13:28
I am correct in thinking we could get Spartak??????????

Yeah, we could get Spartak,it would be great seeing Liverpool here but i would prefer to see Liverpool play a team like Nicosia :D:D

Judge
03-08-2007, 13:31

More banter later.

Only one behind Milan,we should have beat them last season but they can say the same when we won them on pens.By the way,lets not forget that Liverpool were out or europe for 6 years.

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 15:06
lets not forget that Liverpool were out or europe for 6 years.

Jaysus Judge,

I really cannot believe you posted the above. Sheer muppetry, my man and you should really engage your brain before posting something like that.

I'm not going to get into a debate about Heysel but let's also not forget that another 15 English teams were also 'out of Europe' (as you put it!) for five years because of the same reason that you were 'out of Europe' for six years.

Judge
03-08-2007, 15:14
Jaysus Judge,

I really cannot believe you posted the above. Sheer muppetry, my man and you should really engage your brain before posting something like that.

I'm not going to get into a debate about Heysel but let's also not forget that another 15 English teams were also 'out of Europe' (as you put it!) for five years because of the same reason that you were 'out of Europe' for six years.
I also don't want to get into a debate about Heysel, what happened on that terrible day was a tragedy, i'm just pointing out that we were out of europe for 6 years and if we didn't get banned we would of won ,one or two more european cups.
We would of had some great games between the AC team that conquered europe.

Len Ganley Stance
03-08-2007, 16:41
i'm just pointing out that we were out of europe for 6 years and if we didn't get banned we would of won ,one or two more european cups.

That's a bit like me saying if it wasn't for the Munich Air Crash, the Busby Babes would have been the first British Club to win the European Cup. It's all speculative nonsense.

Judge
03-08-2007, 16:47
That's a bit like me saying if it wasn't for the Munich Air Crash, the Busby Babes would have been the first British Club to win the European Cup. It's all speculative nonsense.

UTD were in for a shout,it's speculation but it isn't nonsense.

kste22
03-08-2007, 16:49
Busby Babes might have won, but i reckon they'd have had a hard time against the madrid side

Judge
03-08-2007, 17:04
Busby Babes might have won, but i reckon they'd have had a hard time against the madrid side

That's true , there would have been some great games between UTD and Real,the same can be said for AC Milan and Liverpool.

kste22
03-08-2007, 17:10
That's true , there would have been some great games between UTD and Real,the same can be said for AC Milan and Liverpool.

Totally Agree, its terrible when we think what could have been Van Basten Cryff et al against the great Liverpool teams

Judge
03-08-2007, 17:19
Totally Agree, its terrible when we think what could have been Van Basten Cryff et al against the great Liverpool teams

In a way, we are making up for lost ground,we are playing Milan season in season out in the champs league,it's our time to win again.I can't see Milan getting to another final with some of the old players they have in their team,but they keep getting to finals.I recon they want the league back,seeing Inter win the league twice in a row would have hurt them.

kste22
03-08-2007, 17:25
I think the key to Milan's contiued success the Europe is there control of the ball with some really clever midfield play! Although it comes undone usually against teams who have the ability to restrict there access to the ball! As we did in the last chmpions league final, we controlled the possession but Deadly Dirk was not so deadly otherwise it would have been different!

Many team's dont have an alonso or maschrano to be able to dictate to teams like Milan! Man Ure struggled because Carrick and Krankie couldnt keep possession or provide a shield!

Roll on Moscow 08

Judge
03-08-2007, 17:35
I think the key to Milan's contiued success the Europe is there control of the ball with some really clever midfield play! Although it comes undone usually against teams who have the ability to restrict there access to the ball! As we did in the last chmpions league final, we controlled the possession but Deadly Dirk was not so deadly otherwise it would have been different!

Many team's dont have an alonso or maschrano to be able to dictate to teams like Milan! Man Ure struggled because Carrick and Krankie couldnt keep possession or provide a shield!

Roll on Moscow 08

The experience Milan have in european football is another reason why they are so good at getting to finals.Take Milan's league form last season,they couldn't get it together but in europe it's another story,kinda like Liverpool.
UTD have their holding midfield role filled now,this is why i think they will go far in this years Champs League,it's about time Fergie got it right.

About the final being in Moscow, Abramovich will do everything in his power to make sure Chelsea get to the final, heads will roll at Chelsea if they don't get to the final.

kste22
03-08-2007, 17:37
Never thought about that with Abramovich! Good point! Hope we draw them again therefore so we can knock them out and Maureen get his cards!!!!!!!! Anyway hope for a good game tonight, id like to see Levia and a few of the young lads given a run out!

Judge
03-08-2007, 17:50
Abramovich will be inviting Putin along.:D

Is there any young Liverpool players standing out,it's been awhile since some one good came through the youth team.I read that Rafa wasn't happy with the way things were set up with the youngsters.

kste22
03-08-2007, 18:00
The whole youth team setup has been re-vamped now! Robbie Threlfall, Craig Linfield, Jay Spearing, Ray Putteril as some of the English(scouse) names to look out for, along with Martin Hansen, Emilano Insua which should hopefully turn out to be good or at least we can sell on!

Lucas Levia this new Brazilian is one i dont know much about, but he was and is Brazil's under 21 captain and could represent a really good buy!

Judge
03-08-2007, 18:48
Another Hansen in the team would go down well.I've heard good things about Lucas ,maybe he will get a few games this season.

Judge
03-08-2007, 23:12
Walk in the park for Liverpool today,2 nil.Good to see Torres score and another class goal by Gerrard.

Clean32
03-08-2007, 23:45
I have no idear what you guys are on about, i know its sport but theres no mention of the ALL BLACKs ( YAAAAY) wallabies ( BOOOOO) or spring Box ( HISSSSS)

LOL

If god ment the ball to be kicked along the ground he would have made it round LOL

Judge
04-08-2007, 00:00
It's footy mate, and the season hasn't even started yet.It's just a little banter between 2 sets of fans.

Clean32
04-08-2007, 00:11
OHH sorry the poofters game, 22 millionairs running around hugging each othere ?? LOL

Judge
04-08-2007, 00:15
That's the one.Funny you mentioned poofters,i was watching the U20 footy championships and gotta say that the kids played more entertaining football than the ones who get paid millions.

Clean32
04-08-2007, 01:04
That's the one.Funny you mentioned poofters,i was watching the U20 footy championships and gotta say that the kids played more entertaining football than the ones who get paid millions.

i asume that the kids are playing becouse thay like playing. Rugby when to the pack when Merdoc and $$$ got involved. just the round ball game has been like it for a lot longer

Judge
04-08-2007, 02:24
Is this the same Murdoch (aussie) who owns Sky TV?If it is,this guy has his fingers in everything.So is the gap between the big teams and the small teams widening in rugby because of Murdoch and his$$$$$$

Clean32
04-08-2007, 09:27
Is this the same Murdoch (aussie) who owns Sky TV?If it is,this guy has his fingers in everything.So is the gap between the big teams and the small teams widening in rugby because of Murdoch and his$$$$$$

Yep Same guy, he should fall of the back of a chanel ferry