PDA

View Full Version : Documents for Temporary car import.

dylanbashaw
30-12-2010, 21:16
Hello,

I shipped my car to Kotka before I found out I was only getting a single entry visa, now I have to wait until the car arrives (tomorrow) to pick it up there and drive it to Russia. That would be fine, except I still haven't gotten the original dock receipt and title back from US customs... My shipping agent said that I can pick the car up without the title, but can I get past the Russian Border? anyone know weather I will need it at the border post?

thanks

Salix
30-12-2010, 21:40
You'll need the original ownership papers to prove that you are the owner, and I'm pretty sure you'll need some insurance which is valid in Russia. If you're driving into Russia, I don't think you'll need any shipping documents.

adilmughal
31-12-2010, 01:39
Hello,

I shipped my car to Kotka before I found out I was only getting a single entry visa, now I have to wait until the car arrives (tomorrow) to pick it up there and drive it to Russia. That would be fine, except I still haven't gotten the original dock receipt and title back from US customs... My shipping agent said that I can pick the car up without the title, but can I get past the Russian Border? anyone know weather I will need it at the border post?

thanks

man when u r done with all the paper works n procedures pls inform me about it,as i wana get my car shipped from kuwait, its porsche carerra 2003.........

thanx in advance

sashadidi
31-12-2010, 07:43
Hello,

thanks

not sure if this will help but lots of info here on a motorbike forum about importing bikes etc
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/northern-asia/

and paperwork
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/
Sign in and have a read or make a inquiry

dylanbashaw
31-12-2010, 19:27
man when u r done with all the paper works n procedures pls inform me about it,as i wana get my car shipped from kuwait, its porsche carerra 2003.........

thanx in advance

Will do, but, just to let you know, I am heading straight for Yoshkar-Ola from Kotka, so I will doing all the paperwork there and not in Moscow. Well, I'm thinking about making a straight 24 hour run :-)