PDA

View Full Version : Expat.ru Profile

Albertina
25-07-2007, 00:06
Itís time to sum up the results of the first three socio-demographic polls of expat.ru.

They aimed at establishing a high-level demographic make-up of this forum and
therefore, the three questions were related to Age, Gender and IQ.

It has to be noted that the number of respondents on age and gender is sufficient, while on IQ the sample was a bit small, but I decided to treat it as representative.

The summary of results:
There are considerably more male users than female: 55% to 45% of this forum! (Which is a good news for us, girls :p )

The age distribution is pretty normal, with most of respondents in 23-40. Since 30-40 is the most frequent age here, letís say itís a forum for a middle- age audience.

Now, the big Ďrevelationí is the result of the IQ question...
That was a trick question, unlike previous ones.

If you look at the answers, they reveal the common psychological phenomenon of peopleís over-estimation of their own intelligence; to put it in a simple English, some people are delusional about themselves :respect: Since by definition top 5% can only have 5% of respondents, which is 1 person in this case. 5 others... well you were probably men :evilgrin:
Also, noone has accepted 'below average'. Basically, 95% of people consider themselves above in the top 50% of population, which is again impossible.
Of course, 21 respondents may not be representative, but the same results would be gotten in larger audiencesÖ

Top 5% 28.57%
Top 15% 19.05%
Top 25% 23.81%
Average 23.81%
Below average 0 0%
bottom 15% 0 0%
bottom 5% 4.76%

So anyway, to have a really concise summary: An average Expat.ru forumer is:
A man of 31-40 years old who hugely overestimates his intelligence and most probably (though not yet statistically proven) will prefer a brunette.
:D

Clean32
25-07-2007, 01:37
Bloody wonderfule
"30-40 is the most frequent age here, letís say itís a forum for a middle- age audience."

im over 40 so ? does that make me like realy old ??

middle- age is lol 50s not 30s LOL

Albertina
25-07-2007, 07:34
Bloody wonderfule
"30-40 is the most frequent age here, letís say itís a forum for a middle- age audience."

im over 40 so ? does that make me like realy old ??

middle- age is lol 50s not 30s LOL

si couldn't find another word for 30-40 - any ideas?

Andy B
25-07-2007, 07:57
So anyway, to have a really concise summary: An average Expat.ru forumer is:
A man of 31-40 years old who hugely overestimates his intelligence and most probably (though not yet statistically proven) will prefer a brunette.
:D

My god... that's ME!!

ezik
25-07-2007, 12:09
si couldn't find another word for 30-40 - any ideas? That would be "old people in denial" :D