PDA

View Full Version : homestay/private visa question

koshka85
24-07-2007, 17:00
Does anyone have any good information on the requirements for private visas? I was told by the embassy today that some form of medical insurance is required for obtaining the visa. The previous 2 times I had spoken to the embassy, they never said that insurance was necessary. If anyone has any advice, please share!!

Thanks!

vantru
03-08-2007, 01:55
The following infos were given to me by the Russian Embassy in Rome (Italy)...I just came back from my visa run.......Translation will follow...:)

[3. Il visto per i viaggi privati viene rilasciato per il periodo fino a 90 giorni su presentazione dell'originale dell'invito nominativo fornito dagli uffici dei visti e passaporti del MAI su richiesta del cittadino russo o cittadino straniero il quale residente in Russia.
Per gli altri documenti vedere paragrafo 1 (b, c, d, e, f, g).]

3. The private visa will be issued for a period of time up to 90 days upon presenting the original of the nominal invitation issued by the Russian Minister of Internal Affairs (OVIR) and requested by a Russian citizen or by a foreign citizen legally resident in the Russian Federation.
Other documents needed are listed in the paragraph 1 (b, c, d, e, f, g )

b) Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months after the expiration of the visa requested;
c) Complete and sign the form available (US citizens, male, between the age of 16 to 45 have to complete and sign an additional form)
d) Complete and sign the entry visa request form
e) One passport size picture
f) Payment has to be made when all the paper work is accepted (At this Embassy same day visas do not exist anymore..7 to 10 days.. is the earliest you can get it but the fees went down a lot..35 to 70 euros...more or less..[this is for italian citizens]
g) All the citizens of the Schengen States, Israel, Lithuania, Estonia, Chech Republic and Finland have to show the original and a photocopy of the medical insurance which validity has to be the same as the visa.
[If you buy an Internet Insurance they will not accept it...They want the original and in addition to that I would suggest a Russian Insurance Company....This last words I can personally confirm it since my insurance was not accepted)]
h) Negative HIV test (only for multiple visas over 90 days)
The HIV certificate has to be in russian or italian(or whichever embassy you go to) language must have all personal infos that are in your passport, the outcame and the date of the test and the doc's signature (needless to say that has to be an authorized clinic or ambulatory (a cool place is Invitro but then you have to go to the main office to add your pass infos to the test since their sheets are PDF and you cannot add anything). The HIV test is valid for 90 days.

I have been told that in every Consulate the rules are slightly different and everything I have written here was taken from the Russian Embassy in Rome.

WHEN YOU GET THE VISA, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, CHECK ALL THE INFOS 'CAUSE IF THERE IS A MISTAKE YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT.

I hope to have been helpful....

slabclmbr
05-08-2007, 18:31
G3 Visa has a good website for listing what is neccasry to get a visa (US only, sorry).

koshka85
06-08-2007, 18:26
Thanks!

ezik
07-08-2007, 21:06
Insurance is always a pain. The original and copy have to state that medical coverage includes Russia. So, it either has to say it explicitly or you must have something like world-wide coverage. Ask your insurance company: maybe they can provide you with some statement.

Clean32
07-08-2007, 21:14
Insurance is always a pain. The original and copy have to state that medical coverage includes Russia. So, it either has to say it explicitly or you must have something like world-wide coverage. Ask your insurance company: maybe they can provide you with some statement.

Been cought out on that one myself, twice DUH lol

Chris Parker
30-11-2007, 09:50
I have an old form official invitation (IZVESHENIYE) from the local OVIR in Russia issued in 2001 with "---" printed for the expiration date (i.e. valid indefinitely).

Can I still get a Russian visa using this IZVESHENIYE, or do I need to get a new one?

Bels
30-11-2007, 12:45
For Brits you won't need medical insurance, because of an agreement between Russia and Britain. Russians can get free medical treatment in Britain and vice versa. I think the Russian have the better deal out of this one :)

Chris Parker
03-12-2007, 21:01
I have an old form official invitation (IZVESHENIYE) from the local OVIR in Russia issued in 2001 with "---" printed for the expiration date (i.e. valid indefinitely).

Can I still get a Russian visa using this IZVESHENIYE, or do I need to get a new one?
Embassy confirmed my suspicion, even though the expire date is blank, USSR-style IZVESHENIYE can no longer be accepted.