PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Moscow!

scots_lassie
22-07-2007, 23:29
Hello all,

I am moving to Moscow in August and am hoping to meet some fellow Brits etc who are there just now!

Looking forward to hearing from you

Andy B
23-07-2007, 01:11
Hi, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your time here :)

Lucy
23-07-2007, 01:18
Hello Lassie,

Welcome to the community! :wavey:

You'll see that virtually all people on this site are very friendly and willing to help.
Feel free to ask any questions. I do hope you'll enjoy your stay in Moscow.

Oh by the way, is that only expats you want to meet? :)
I mean would you like to find new friends among Muscovites as well?

Cheers.

scots_lassie
23-07-2007, 01:30
HI Andy and Lucy and thanks for the welcome

I am just looking to meet 20 somethings who know the good places to go!!! Music is one of my main interests so anywhere that has good bands playing is what I am looking for!

thanks!

Also looking on advice on good places to stay and places to avoid!!! Any help would be greatfully received!!

Andy B
23-07-2007, 01:34
I'm sure you'll pick up lots of ideas of where to go and not to go from the site, but if you need any specific questions answered, don't be afraid to ask.

esenia
24-07-2007, 00:11
and you will shortly find out that here are many newcomers, so you are not alone :wavey:

Kokomo
25-07-2007, 01:40
Hello all,
I am moving to Moscow in August and am hoping to meet some fellow Brits etc who are there just now!
Looking forward to hearing from you

so americans and others are off your list, right? :confused:

Clean32
25-07-2007, 01:45
should think so, KEEP away from them Yank nothing but truble i tell ya. LOL

doint forget to pack a haggis

scots_lassie
25-07-2007, 21:22
HI guys

Yanks are definietly not off my list!! Just come back from spending two years living in Georgia, so I welcome anything that will remind me of my time there - am missing it loads!!!

karlos
27-07-2007, 08:34
Good morning!
I spent five years living in Russia in the 90's and currently living in Dubai but in negotiations to return to Moscow. Can anyone give me a resource where I can get a handle on current expat salary ranges, cost of living indexes, etc.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Karlos

Andrei Garden
12-08-2007, 16:48
HI guys

Just come back from spending two years living in Georgia, so I welcome anything that will remind me of my time there - am missing it loads!!!

...It always rains there, right? Here we have a quite different picture. But don't forget to bring some serious swamp boots if you're planning to weather the winter here. Cheers! :ninja: