PDA

View Full Version : looking for a companion for exploring moscow and the golden ring

tukis25
16-07-2007, 20:45
Hi there, I am Irina. I am looking for companians who are intersted in exploring moscow and the golden ring - while the weather is still good. Language exchange is also welcome (english that i'm forgetting and italian - just for pleasure).

ezik
21-07-2007, 18:21
Welcome Irina. I thought the weather is always good here? Proper summer, proper winter. I love extreme climates!

tukis25
05-09-2007, 00:43
by good i meant "warm")) the weather forecast is exceptionally good for september this year, which makes me want to do smth outdoor before this winter takes over - if, rather when i find company.

extreme temperatures we've seen last and this year are not the most comfortable life setting, i guess)) i personally prefer a "well-rounded", balanced climate for life, with clear cut - not more than 3 months long and well shaped seasons. like back to when i was a kid)) equals to somewhere between siberia and africa))

enjoy russian indian summer and cheers,

mickyb
05-09-2007, 01:25
Well Irina having just landed in Moscow.... straight from the UK and with the prospect of spending the next 3 months learning Russian from scratch at Moscow University... the mere thought of idle banter (in Russian, English or Italian -not that my italian or russian is any good!) and exploring moscow and the golden ring - while the weather is still good sounds like heaven!

Although if I knew what the golden ring was I'd be happy to get lost there and find my way back from wherever it was - when do we start this adventure?

Michael
x

natalia_apple
05-09-2007, 02:31
i would also like to explore Moscow and the Golden Ring

Irina, and whoever else would like to join, please pm

Laura Gordon
05-09-2007, 12:47
hi sounds interesting!

What is the golden ring?

Margo
05-09-2007, 13:02
Golden Ring is number of small ancient charming towns around Moscow, like Suzdal, Yaroslavl, Kostroma and so on. Getting lost there could be very simple but may be not much exciting :) so yiou better take care.

SalTheReturn
05-09-2007, 15:10
hi sounds interesting!

What is the golden ring?

damn, why do not you get straight here in Florence? is it you on the avatar?

ezik
05-09-2007, 20:41
Golden Ring is number of small ancient charming towns around Moscow, like Suzdal, Yaroslavl, Kostroma and so on. Getting lost there could be very simple but may be not much exciting :) so yiou better take care.

The Monastry hotel at Suzdal is primitive (only cold water) but pleasant. And there is a fantastic Banya nearby. With a few bottles of honey-beer in hand, Suzdal is like a Spa-experience.

ezik
05-09-2007, 20:45
by good i meant "warm")) the weather forecast is exceptionally good for september this year, which makes me want to do smth outdoor before this winter takes over - if, rather when i find company.

extreme temperatures we've seen last and this year are not the most comfortable life setting, i guess)) i personally prefer a "well-rounded", balanced climate for life, with clear cut - not more than 3 months long and well shaped seasons. like back to when i was a kid)) equals to somewhere between siberia and africa))

enjoy russian indian summer and cheers,

September looks great and I hope the Indian Summer will last long. Driving out into the province is a very nice option.

Exploring the Golden Ring alltogether takes a week or more if you want to do it properly.

In my experience, combining healthy but hedonistic living in Suzdal with a visit to Ivanovo (getting those leather winter boots and other stuff for cheap in the textile market) is already a small holiday.

tukis25
05-09-2007, 23:53
i went to suzdal quite a few years ago and really liked the place. we stayed in a monastery hotel with no hot water)) shall we go this or next weekend? do we have a driver? we can all then share gas costs, of course. if it is this weekend, then we have to do hotel booking in advance - i will check if we still can, just let me know who's going.

alternatively, i want to do yasnaya plyana, leo tolstoy's place. i also want go as far as as veliky ustyug (by train to vologda, then we take a bus). normally, i take a take an overnight train on friday and back on monday morning.

so, who's in?

tukis25
06-09-2007, 15:36
i went to suzdal quite a few years ago and really liked the place. we stayed in a monastery hotel with no hot water)) shall we go this or next weekend? do we have a driver? we can all then share gas costs, of course. if it is this weekend, then we have to do hotel booking in advance - i will check if we still can, just let me know who's going.

alternatively, i want to do yasnaya plyana, leo tolstoy's place. i also want go as far as as veliky ustyug (by train to vologda, then we take a bus). normally, i take a take an overnight train on friday and back on monday morning.

so, who's in?

hey, guys, anyone in?

kharon
19-08-2008, 15:16
x

Rada
20-08-2008, 09:08
hi I think i might be interested. PM please if any details.

Rada