PDA

View Full Version : Another visa problem

mandelstam13
11-07-2007, 11:58
Any advice on this problem...?

Arrived yesterday and found out that the Russian embassy had filled in the wrong name for the inviting company on my visa, which now means that visa house won't register me. Not an option to register with the company given on my visa (Rusaero!') Anyone know of any hotels that can register me? Prices, durations etc?

der_hensch
11-07-2007, 23:00
There are loads of dodgy places that will register you. Try Home from Home Hostel on Old Arbat (if you google it you will find the address) - the prices are pretty much the same everywhere.

ezik
12-07-2007, 23:35
Be careful there. Try to find the company that invited you. They are responsible for registering you. Things have changed since January 15th, and throwing money at a problem is not necessarily going to kill it. Be very careful and try the official way first.

mandelstam13
13-07-2007, 08:31
Re - Be careful there. Try to find the company that invited you. They are responsible for registering you. Things have changed since January 15th, and throwing money at a problem is not necessarily going to kill it. Be very careful and try the official way first.

Well, i registered at Godzilla Hostel. What do you mean Ezik? Isn't this official in its own way - after all, they have the right to register guests...I couldn't find the company that invited me as they , uh, didn't invite me, if that makes sense!

Andy B
13-07-2007, 09:11
I used to use a lady who would "register" me at the Arbat Hotel, but haven't done it since January as I don't know if it will work with the new rules.

mandelstam13
13-07-2007, 13:16
As i said, i used Godzilla at Svetnoi Bulvar, and no problems registering...

vantru
13-07-2007, 19:55
Guys.....Since the law has changed now, if he is willing to do it-basically if he isn't a jack**** your landlord can register you and the only perks are that he has to go again b4 you leave the country and un-register you.....and so on when u will be back.
For example my GF's dad has register me at his home and we are not even living with them.
Hope this little note was helpful to someone.

Cheers