PDA

View Full Version : Warmest Greetings!

Gentle Shark
10-07-2007, 20:15
Hello everybody :wavey:

I'm a native Muscovite. I've been learning English for a few years now and I dream of finding new English-speaking friends. I have visited a lot of Russian and Ukranian cities but, unfortunately, I've never been abroad yet. I would be extremely grateful to you if you kindly tell me at least a little bit about your favourite places. I do hope I'll be able to help some of you as well.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lucy
10-07-2007, 20:31
Hi Gentle Shark, welcome to the community!
Hope you'll enjoy your stay here. What kind of places you want to know about? What regions are you planning to visit?

ezik
12-07-2007, 22:36
Welcome Gentle Shark!
Hope you soon find a chance to go abroad. Keep asking, keep posting!
I'm from a rainy country called The Netherlands, by the way.

Gentle Shark
13-07-2007, 16:38
Lucy, many thanks for reacting to my post.
I'm sorry for taking so long to reply to your questions (I was terribly busy).

Well actually, I prefer beautiful places near water - oceans, seas, lakes and rivers alike. I love to swim, to stroll along the beach and sit on the sand meditating and gazing at the waves or the smooth, mirror-like surface. I also like watching clouds floating over the water and my head. As for climatic zones, I really enjoy all kinds of them: temperate, tropical etc. The only wish - the scenery must be picturesque.

Amora
13-07-2007, 17:31
I am getting highly jealous, Gentle Shark... After all, my humble post never got the attention you are getting :D

P.S. - its you and I. One on one. Come out, come out wherever you are :ninja:

Gentle Shark
13-07-2007, 17:47
Amora, I'll think about it... tomorrow.

Gentle Shark
13-07-2007, 17:53
Ezik, thanks a lot for the encouraging words. Could you please tell me something about the famous sights of your country. Regretfully I know too little about it. Just three things that all the visitors seem to admire: the incredibly beautiful Dutch canals, fantastic tulips in large numbers and wonderful art galleries with masterpieces of great Flemish painters (by the way, the Tretyakovskaya Gallery is holding a very interesting exhibition of European art at the moment).

Amora
13-07-2007, 18:55
Amora, I'll think about it... tomorrow.

Playing Scarlett O'Hara, are we?

I'll be Rhett Butler then :gorgeous:

Lucy
16-07-2007, 21:29
I prefer beautiful places near water - oceans, seas, lakes and rivers alike... As for climatic zones,
I really enjoy all kinds of them: temperate, tropical etc. The only wish - the scenery must be picturesque.

Gentle Shark,
My favourite places near water are seaside resorts on the Crimean coast. I highly recommend
to you Anapa, Alushta, Yevpatoria. Marvellous sand beaches, the warm Black Sea, subtropical plants...
Very beautiful scenery in my opinion. I have fond memories of my visits there long ago.
I wonder if you've ever been to those towns.

ezik
18-07-2007, 23:01
I am getting highly jealous, Gentle Shark... After all, my humble post never got the attention you are getting :D

P.S. - its you and I. One on one. Come out, come out wherever you are :ninja:

I think I paid some attention to your post Amora! :agree: