PDA

View Full Version : So where's a good salsa dancing place in Moscow?

John33317
01-12-2010, 20:40
Comrades, over here for a month from sunny South Florida, and looking for a place to warm back up by doing some salsa dancing on the weekends (or why not? on weeknights too). Any fellow salseros/as here? Can you suggest a spot or two (hopefully where there are on 2 dancers)? Spasibo vsem!

Fibre
01-12-2010, 20:47
Varadero,Macho Grill, Caiman, for example

FJT
01-12-2010, 20:49
Hi!
I have no real idea about the place. But there are salseros for sure. Check the following link: http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=272278&highlight=salsa

Kti22
01-12-2010, 20:52
check in the site of Russian salsa group: www . salsa. ru

I heard a lot about "Karma bar" and "Papa Joys"
G'd Luck!

BoZz
02-12-2010, 12:37
Anyone know of a Latin dance teacher for private class please?

Evgeniya1985
02-12-2010, 22:24
Hey!
There are a lot of salsa places in Moscow))
RnB cafe is one of the best ones (for me)
There's a salsa disco each Sunday from 21 till 00, before that there are 3 hours of master classes.
About salsa schools: ESTILO CUBANO is good. I go to MAMBO TIME.
So, if u wanna dance salsa, come to RnB)) If u're free this sunday i could go with u!

AlisaStown
15-12-2010, 05:09
Sometimes in Brazilero

Darya Alexandrovna
15-12-2010, 13:58
Macho Grill, Varadero, Pancho Villa (back to good now), Papa Joe's, Kaiman

May be we can finally have a expat.ru salsa dancers meet up? Anyone up for it???

Darya Alexandrovna
15-12-2010, 14:07
I personally prefer places where you can find many nationalities dancing salsa. Russian boys and girls dancing only De Salon...rules rules rules, no improvisation- it is sooo boring! Kind of europenized laninO danced according to rules... oh no no no...

FJT
17-12-2010, 15:10

May be we can finally have a expat.ru salsa dancers meet up? Anyone up for it???

Hey! That sounds like a great idea. I am up!

mrzuzzo
17-12-2010, 15:18
Macho Grill is awesome! Love it there, only wish I knew how to dance Salsa.

franzewich
17-12-2010, 15:37
I used to go to Pancho Villa a lot - but haven't been to the other ones. Thanks, folks! I will definitely consider next time! :)

mistygris
17-12-2010, 16:32

As soon as i'll be in moscow i'll be ready to joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooin, let's start this!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLY GREAT!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

franzewich
17-12-2010, 17:49
As soon as i'll be in moscow i'll be ready to joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooin, let's start this!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLY GREAT!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Whow! Sounds really GREAT!!!

Maybe one day we can match both our styles: Your Marengue and my Salsa!? ;)

Let's practise at the Salsa Libre and blow everybody away at the next Latino Dance Competition in Moscow!

R U in with me? :applause:

mistygris
19-12-2010, 21:15
Whow! Sounds really GREAT!!!

Maybe one day we can match both our styles: Your Marengue and my Salsa!? ;)

Let's practise at the Salsa Libre and blow everybody away at the next Latino Dance Competition in Moscow!

R U in with me? :applause:

I like the idea :)
always ready to dance at salsa libre :cheerleader::cheerleader:

franzewich
19-12-2010, 22:01
I like the idea :)
always ready to dance at salsa libre :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Wonderful! I'm in! Let's get a nice gang of people together! :) I'll do my very best not to step on your foot again! :applause:

R U up for some hot Mexican food? :lick: Maybe we could practice that, too? There's a place called El Popo's?

mistygris
20-12-2010, 00:34
Wonderful! I'm in! Let's get a nice gang of people together! :) I'll do my very best not to step on your foot again! :applause:

R U up for some hot Mexican food? :lick: Maybe we could practice that, too? There's a place called El Popo's?

oh you discovered a good mexican place? nice i was just dreaming about nachos and quesadilla!!!!!! :)

franzewich
20-12-2010, 11:38
oh you discovered a good mexican place? nice i was just dreaming about nachos and quesadilla!!!!!! :)

Or some enchiladas, fajitas, chimichangas, burritos, pico de galle, picadillo ... plus a couple of Dos Equis, Corona, Sol, or whatever they have.

I guess afterwards we need to do salsa-off the calories. Best if we created a new Latino style: "Franzegris' Sarenque"! Sounds cool? Looking forward to that! :)

AussieinMoscow
20-12-2010, 18:07
Hey guys can anyone tell me the name's of some good salsa songs? Whenever I'm out I always hear songs I recognise and really like, but then forget them once I'm home and want to download them!
I'd like to get the really popular catchy ones, that everyone seems to know!
Thanks in advance!
:cheerleader:

FJT
20-12-2010, 19:45
Well I don't know about recent ones, but I love Eddie Palmieri and Chucho Valdez. You also have Fania's all stars and Hector Lavoe. Celia Cruz and La India are also very known singers. You could count Selena, even though she is also a cumba singer. You have also Jenifer Lopez's husband, Marc Antony, but he sings romantic salsa, which I don't like as much.

Vera
20-12-2010, 22:23
Alsow sometimes is good evenings at the club B2. Salsa on Monday evening)
Enjoy!!!

Vera
20-12-2010, 22:24
And about realy good song for bachata is Extrem)

lizziitalm
21-12-2010, 00:15
Yes Pancho Villa!

Swordfish90293
21-12-2010, 20:05
Hey guys can anyone tell me the name's of some good salsa songs? Whenever I'm out I always hear songs I recognise and really like, but then forget them once I'm home and want to download them!
I'd like to get the really popular catchy ones, that everyone seems to know!
Thanks in advance!
:cheerleader:

Anything from Hector Lavoe, who founded the salsa movement in NYC and PR, are classics...

YouTube - Héctor Lavoe - El día de mi suerte