PDA

View Full Version : Hardrock Cafe, never again

Benedikt
04-07-2007, 19:10
i know i am a kraut and should stay with my wurst...
320 rubles for a cheeseburger, ther meat was precooked hard and dry on the outside.and than a piece of cheese slapped on and put under the salamander.
the meat was that hard i had to use a fork and a knife to cut it.
French fries= the cheapest of the mac cain variety or whoever is the supplier. a few nice square pieces and the rest was short ends and odds from the bottom of the packet.
and these are supposed to be the best burgers in town?
I rather have McD...

Hawk
05-07-2007, 12:22
the decor is nice...
and the fries were piled up, spilling over the side,

its like every dish is served as its meant for 3, to justify the price i suppose

Captain Jack Sparrow
05-07-2007, 17:40
Went there in April. Some of the food wasn't properly cooked, some of it was just plain wrong, and the service was pretty ropey.

Fantastika
08-07-2007, 18:01
As far as the French Fries go, I went to many restaurants and I always order the fries. Some restaurants will use frozen fries in a bag from the supermarket, and others will peel the potatoes and give you much better-tasting fries. Also, it depends on what time of day you go there, the cooks are different and make the fries different. Just experiment, try many different places, and find the place you like. I think the little restaurant is always interested in requests, especially from people who leave tips for good service. I asked for butter for the bread and ice for the Lipton/Nestea and now it is no problem, and the fries are вкусно.

ILOVEPARIS
08-07-2007, 18:10
which is very good. Children love it: a lot of choice and a bouncy (?) castle.

J.D.
08-07-2007, 18:17
I gotta agree that the place is really going down hill. Wait staff is getting slow and lazy and the food is just slapped together, barely even technically correct. Last two times I had a hot fudge sundae in there they put some fudge in the bottom of the glass and dumped some ice cream on top. Other items come with similar care.

DooLittle
08-07-2007, 21:33
I gotta agree that the place is really going down hill.

Going down hill? I was there the first and last time over 2 years ago and it was already as far down as possible. I have a hard time believing that anyone would actually "frequent" the place.

Hawk
09-07-2007, 10:40
Had a few beers there Friday,

They tried to prevent us sitting outside 1 hour before outside area closed, we refused and sat outside..

Then a young wierdo waiter tried to argue that the warm draft beer, poured into a hot glass mug was actually cold.

I had to resort to getting the supervisor to bring a bottled bottle from the fridge.

SalTheReturn
09-07-2007, 20:43
couldnt bother reading it all but dont understand how human eats hard meat rather than standing up and complaining. Guess this would make you feel better than writing bad reviews on a website.

Living in Moscow I have learnt to respect those VERY FEW foreigners who are able to complain and stand up for their rights, and to despise those who keep whining on website

my 2 cents

SalTheReturn
09-07-2007, 20:44
Had a few beers there Friday,

They tried to prevent us sitting outside 1 hour before outside area closed, we refused and sat outside..

Then a young wierdo waiter tried to argue that the warm draft beer, poured into a hot glass mug was actually cold.

I had to resort to getting the supervisor to bring a bottled bottle from the fridge.

well done, benedikt should have done the same.

SalTheReturn
09-07-2007, 20:46
As far as the French Fries go, I went to many restaurants and I always order the fries. Some restaurants will use frozen fries in a bag from the supermarket, and others will peel the potatoes and give you much better-tasting fries. Also, it depends on what time of day you go there, the cooks are different and make the fries different. Just experiment, try many different places, and find the place you like. I think the little restaurant is always interested in requests, especially from people who leave tips for good service. I asked for butter for the bread and ice for the Lipton/Nestea and now it is no problem, and the fries are вкусно.

actually the top suggestion would be that when going to a restaurant you do not order french fries...

bagel
06-08-2007, 17:22
In my opinion, the Starlite Diner's burgers are the best!