PDA

View Full Version : Clubbing in Moscow?

prefuse83
18-11-2010, 23:10
Is anyone here a regular in Moscow's club scene? I've heard there are some good places but most seem to be either expensive/exclusive or full of businessmen and hookers. I want to find somewhere with decent dance music (minimalist techno, house, dubstep etc) and a laid-back atmosphere... Any suggestions?!!!

Trofy
18-11-2010, 23:14
Propaganda near Kitai-gorod metro station, check it ;)
http://www.propagandamoscow.com/

tvadim133
18-11-2010, 23:25
Bisides (old clubs and not so big as Garage or Warehouse):

Crisis Zhanra

http://www.kriziszhanra.ru/

Zapasnik (Art-Garnage)

http://www.art-garbage.ru/

Kitaysky Letchik

http://www.jao-da.ru/

Vermel

http://www.vermel.ru/

and so on

A bit more expensive but nice:

Fabrique

http://fabrique.ru/main

Large club, but not expensive and decent:

Arma

http://www.arma-club.ru/

xpucu
19-11-2010, 09:55
Krysha Mira is brilliant albight a bit tricky to get in.

trancophile
19-11-2010, 11:38
I'd be keen to hit a classy, well decored house bar with sexy house music and a good drinks menu.

nightparty.ru has some good listings

tasel
19-11-2010, 17:36
Propaganda, Karma bar, Tema bar & Cabana is good.

kharaku
19-11-2010, 19:30
Is anyone here a regular in Moscow's club scene? I've heard there are some good places but most seem to be either expensive/exclusive or full of businessmen and hookers. I want to find somewhere with decent dance music (minimalist techno, house, dubstep etc) and a laid-back atmosphere... Any suggestions?!!!

i'd be interested in safety practicalities actually...

tvadim133
19-11-2010, 19:34
i'd be interested in safety practicalities actually...

What do you mean by safety in case of clubbing?

I have never heard smth bad about clubs even with specific orientation.

mattology
19-11-2010, 21:42
or is he referring to the club in perm that burned down recently because of lack of safety measures (or whatever the reason was...)...?

ThePhenom
19-11-2010, 21:49
I've been drugged with Rhyponol twice.

Once in Boarhouse and once in Che.

Both times escaped relatively unscathed, although after the Che drugging some tried to mug me in front of my flat.

Ruth123
19-11-2010, 22:06

Both times escaped relatively unscathed, although after the Che drugging some tried to mug me in front of my flat.

OMG! Sorry to hear that and glad it wasn't grave! Geez! Right, the golden rule of clubbing - never leave your drink unattended, if possible - get a drink you'll open yourself (canned, bottled etc.)
Uhhh, again, sorry for what happened to you. :(

tvadim133
19-11-2010, 22:23

WOW, sorry to hear that!

Never happened with me and my friends, so may be it is worth being careful in future.

prefuse83
20-11-2010, 13:30
Thanks for all the info guys!

Does anyone want to check out Propaganda or somewhere tonight? I've not been in Moscow long and don't know many people but like to go out and explore!

Cheers

kharaku
20-11-2010, 17:39

Now ya see, that's what I meant about safety; ways to make sure you don't end up drugged or mugged...

tasel
21-11-2010, 02:30
Thanks for all the info guys!

Does anyone want to check out Propaganda or somewhere tonight? I've not been in Moscow long and don't know many people but like to go out and explore!

Cheers

I can join for next weekend:mml:

ThePhenom
01-12-2010, 10:00
OMG! Sorry to hear that and glad it wasn't grave! Geez! Right, the golden rule of clubbing - never leave your drink unattended, if possible - get a drink you'll open yourself (canned, bottled etc.)
Uhhh, again, sorry for what happened to you. :(Just for arguments sake, at Boarhouse it was while dancing, someone put it in my open beer.

At Che, both my friend and I were drugged at the bar. Our mojitos were laced, although we suspect a girl who was overly chatty with us and not the actual bartender.

In any case, as both incidents ended up with me safe and alone in my apartment, despite the hazard of the evening potentially ending up much worse, I chalk it off as an authentic Moscow experience.

I've gone out hundreds of times in Moscow though, so the 2 druggings and the occassional militia hassles or near fights are actually fairly rare incidents.

Kti22
01-12-2010, 22:47
Bisides (old clubs and not so big as Garage or Warehouse):

Crisis Zhanra

http://www.kriziszhanra.ru/

Actually I was told that Crisis Zhanra is crowded by homosexual people))) sorry, I don't mean anything unrespectable, for me it doesn't matter where to have fun, at least it doesn't depend on place, just warming for guys to avoid misunderstandings)))

harhorin
10-12-2010, 21:47
Thanks for the info, does anyone know in which club I can see Asians? Miss Asia.))

happyyok
15-12-2010, 09:31
Continuing our monthly Top Secret parties at Jet Set, we are presenting you:

"Top Secret. Part IV"

This time its promising to be really interesting: we decided to bring an Amsterdam spirit in it!
That's all I can say as it is a Top Secret to be known just by special people at the party.

But as always we will have:
- Different amazing shows;
- Refreshments for guests will be served;
- Lottery among the Top Secret card owners with the prize.

Line Up:
dj DIAMOND
dj CAUSELOVE
dj JENYA PLAY
dj KIRILLICH

Entrance: Top Secret cards/Guest lists ONLY.

So, in case you don't have a card but you are willing to join Top Secret party you need to send your name to yokyok.parties@gmail.com

The list will be closed on Friday at 6pm.

ADDRESS: Malaya Ordynka, 37
Start at 10-11pm till the morning:)))

mattology
15-12-2010, 09:34
What kind of music will it be, happyyok?

happyyok
17-12-2010, 13:14
What kind of music will it be, happyyok?

Jazzy, Disco and Disco house:)

mrzuzzo
17-12-2010, 13:49
London Night Club, UP&DOWN, Famous, Rai are all decent clubs with dance music.

Propoganda I don't really like - it's usually way too crowded and I'm not a fan of the ghetto atmosphere.

Johan0709
19-01-2011, 03:43
Fabrique!

www.fabrique.ru

Kangaroo495
19-01-2011, 16:28
I've taken a liking to Coyote Ugly recently. Very laid back atmosphere, no techno music etc.

jordanioni
03-02-2011, 01:29
And what about Rolling Stones, Strelka, all the bars at Krasny Oktyabr? I think they're one of the collest spots in Moscow. Not clubs, but very good atmosphere there, fun music, and Rai right around the corner for those who want to continue!

CatTV
09-04-2011, 00:27
Real McCoy a good one! It seems to me safe.

gene1782
09-04-2011, 19:49
Propaganda near Kitai-gorod metro station, check it ;)
http://www.propagandamoscow.com/

been there ... sorry but it's crap

Babygirl
10-04-2011, 03:16
[QUOTE= for those who want to continue![/QUOTE]

for those who want to show to the whole world how *cool* they are.
Drinks for that amount of money? No way.

mattology
10-04-2011, 13:58
been there ... sorry but it's crap

The only good thing about it is their food for reasonable prices.

jeyla
10-04-2011, 18:57
i like kaffka at 1905 street. its fun and relaxed but quite small so not always easy to get in. and rolling is always fun but much more so in the summer, i heard that its been not so great since late fall...

as far as safety is concerned, the rules here are the same as in any other big city... i am very sorry somebody got drugged!!! what's worse here is that the police won't do much and people will most likely not help anyone so it's best to be careful...

gene1782
10-04-2011, 22:18
anybody been to soho rooms?

jeyla
13-04-2011, 17:17
anybody been to soho rooms?

soho is dead now, well at least not as much fun as it used to be... its still pretty cool when they do special events and parties but its much more fun to go to a nice bar with dancing than to a club, i think that whole wave is pretty much over now...

emdjei
16-04-2011, 22:01

I suggest you watch the schedules of clubs and parties that regularly book good foreign and Russian djs that play the styles of dance music you're interested in. Unfortunately you can't just go to a club and expect it to be good. There will often be a completely different crowd/scene from one night to another. It even changes from week to week.

For example, you mention dubstep. Here's a link to an upcoming party at 16 Tonn, near M. Ul. 1905 Goda:
http://16tons.ru/club/2011-bass-my-ass-kanji-kinetic/

Also check out Vozdukh:
http://www.vo3dux.ru

When the music is good, both of these clubs attract great, real people who want to dance their asses off and you won't deal with any silliness at the door, if you know what I mean! On the other hand, you will be disappointed if you expect to meet fun expats (the scene at these parties is overwhelmingly Russian), but you're also unlikely to meet people interested in taking advantage of you.

These are just two examples. PM me if you want any further suggestions.

jus
28-04-2011, 00:11
Interesting to see the proposed options

SOS11
28-04-2011, 00:24
Yup Propaganda is ok :iagree:. But it can be quite crowded specially during weekends.
But you must try and see )
Try club Ikra too. It's nice as well. I don't recall the location though :S Have been there few times with friends. It's around center
Enjoy :11581::mml::agree:

Dase
08-05-2011, 22:56
^ Ikra is closed for a few months already.

16tons, which has been mentioned before, is really good for Dubstep. They've got regular nights (look out for bass my ass) with imported musicians and/or djs.

The small room at Vozduh is also pretty good for contemporary electronic music, they guys usually play some nice minimal there.

Shtopor near Metro Kuznetskiy Most has a pretty young public, usually they have nice reggae/dancehall or drum&bass parties going on.

6/2 bar seems to be the latest hipster hangout, they've had a few pretty good party nights there lately.

Kult just a few hundred meters east of Solyanka has some pretty decent Funk parties going on pretty much every weekend.

Last but not least it's pretty sure that Strelka will be one of the nicest open air locations this year.

General hint: check nightparty.ru and lookatme.ru with google translate, friend the relevant clubs and bars on facebook. That will keep you up to date.

avidadventurer
03-07-2011, 17:34
Not sure if anyone is still keeping an eye on this thread, but I was hoping I could find a good crowd of people to go dancing with sometime soon- I am only here for the next 3 weeks, studying Russian at MGU.
Any takers? I have no idea where to go, and my only stipulation is at some point I get to break it down on the dance floor.
Clubbing! Need I say more?!

MissZ
25-10-2011, 20:30
any updates for this thread? could use the advice.

Inola
25-10-2011, 23:56
any updates for this thread? could use the advice.

Hi MissZ,

Me and a friend of mine are planning to hit some Moscow bar/night clubs this Friday night.. Have not yet decided where exactly we shall go but you are welcome to join us if you like :)

OnSecondment
26-10-2011, 17:11
I have had good nights in Rai recently.

Propoganda is Ok (agree on the overly crowded), very good techno music.

I think this weekend we will branch out and try a new club - MissZ/Inola keep me posted where you guys decide on going as a few of us will be looking for a good club to go to in fancy dress at around 1 or 2am. Atm I am leaning towards either Pascha or Arma-17.

confusion
29-11-2011, 20:14
Hello, im a spanish guy who will visit moscow in christmas, and i would love to visit a club.
Any recomendations for clubs and bars of good electronic music, not so much comercial, and not so expensives clubs? (For example, i would like to go to Arma17, but they told me that near to 400 euros to enter that night, so crazy expensive for normal people like me!)
Thanks guys!

Steph
30-11-2011, 13:20
They must have meant RUBLES not euros. Arma is 500 rubles (12 euros?) just like Solyanka but they are both great, and it isnt too much to pay for a night of good music. Clubs at home in uk are 10pound as standard. Sure you could try places that are free to get in but you are subject to face control and everyone there is kind of flashy and the music is fluffy

OnSecondment
30-11-2011, 14:11
Yea there is no way that Arma costs 400 euros to get in - thats ridiculous!

CareBear
30-11-2011, 14:37

In Vremena Goda mall there's a restaurant/bar/lounge/club (whatever you want to call it) on the top floor....it's called, "Oblaka". On thursdays it's huge!!!!! but it's definitely upper scale material. What's wrong with business men and good looking girls?

OnSecondment
30-11-2011, 18:29
In Vremena Goda mall there's a restaurant/bar/lounge/club (whatever you want to call it) on the top floor....it's called, "Oblaka". On thursdays it's huge!!!!! but it's definitely upper scale material. What's wrong with business men and good looking girls?

I think I will try oblaka next thursday - heard good things.

And maybe soho next friday/saturday as I have a friend visiting.

CareBear
30-11-2011, 18:40
I think I will try oblaka next thursday - heard good things.

And maybe soho next friday/saturday as I have a friend visiting.

You won't regret it. ;) I suggest you order a table asap. When you call two days prior they are sometimes all booked. Have fun :)

mrzuzzo
30-11-2011, 18:48
You won't regret it. ;) I suggest you order a table asap. When you call two days prior they are sometimes all booked. Have fun :)

What's the deposit for the table at Oblaka? Is it 45K like at Soho or less?

CareBear
30-11-2011, 18:50

there's no deposit last time I went...like 2 months ago. Maybe they changed it. But I don't think there is one.

OnSecondment
30-11-2011, 19:14

I will double check with someone tonight re Oblaka - i heard it was no deposit too though. I think you're right re 45k for soho rooms

CareBear
30-11-2011, 19:20
I will double check with someone tonight re Oblaka - i heard it was no deposit too though. I think you're right re 45k for soho rooms

45K at soho only if u order on the very top floor or club section.

confusion
30-11-2011, 20:44
They must have meant RUBLES not euros. Arma is 500 rubles (12 euros?) just like Solyanka but they are both great, and it isnt too much to pay for a night of good music. Clubs at home in uk are 10pound as standard. Sure you could try places that are free to get in but you are subject to face control and everyone there is kind of flashy and the music is fluffy
They said to my girlfriend, that have called them by phone, that price for new year´s eve party will be 17.000 rubles for a table. Now im confused, i dont know if is the price for one or for 2 people, but even if is for 2 really expensive.
To Solyanka she have asked too, and they said that is only able to enter with recomendation.

confusion
30-11-2011, 21:00
Steph, can u tell me something about face control? Here in Spain i think there aren´t that kind of things, at least in normal clubs.

confusion
30-11-2011, 21:06
Now , i answe myself. Arma 17 1000 rubles in new year party and so good music. I´ve seen it now on their facebook.
Звезды сияют ярче в Новогоднюю ночь: Ivan Smagghe, Audio Werner, Cassy! — в их распоряжении и мейн-рум, и прайм-тайм, их главная задача: дать старт 24-часовой супер-программе с after- и daytime party с участием Rhadoo, Piticu, Cabanne, Ark, Eddie C и Marcos Cabral.

Rhadoo
Cassy
Ivan Smagghe
Audio Werner
Piticu

Eddie C
Marcos Cabral
Ark
Cabanne

Stephan Bodzin

Abelle
Andrey Zots
Bvoice & Anrilov
Chizh
Dasha Redkina
Easy Changes
Kurmyshev

Mike Spirit
Nastia
Nikitin
Ranishe Niyaak
Rayo
Technique & Yaroslove
Wentur

http://arma17.ru/
Билеты: FCTRL 1000
+7 (495) 410 0414
VIP-резерв: +7 (916) 740 8751

Sinderela
30-11-2011, 22:49
Hi! Is anyone going out this Friday December 2nd??? Whats the point discussing clubs if we never gonna meet there???

CareBear
30-11-2011, 22:58
Hi! Is anyone going out this Friday December 2nd??? Whats the point discussing clubs if we never gonna meet there???

nobody lives in korolev here

alisaseleznyva
01-12-2011, 00:25
http://www.diamondpeople.ru/index.htm
psy
http://www.3yxo.ru/blizhajshie-meropriyatiya/95-navigators
dub
have a good time)))
:1306:

OnSecondment
01-12-2011, 11:16

I'm having a quiet one this week...

Steph
01-12-2011, 11:30
Steph, can u tell me something about face control? Here in Spain i think there aren´t that kind of things, at least in normal clubs.

It means just that if the bouncers don't let you in if they don't like the look of you.

Sinderela
16-12-2011, 17:08
I live both in Korolrev and in Moscow ;)

Steph
30-12-2011, 10:49
Arma is 1000 rubles for new year and they are open all the next day too, that is just double what a normal saturday night is there. I am probably going too. That figure you quoted could be for a VIP section or something, but who needs that? It's a dance club, you shouldn't be sitting at tables anyway!

There is another club in that complex, called Vozduh, I've never been but I will go there if Arma is rammed and we don't get in

Andreas K.
04-01-2012, 14:49
Che is a good place if you like latino music. Petrovich is an evergreen, but you need a club card or on invitation to get in on Saturdays.

christiano27
05-01-2012, 17:36
Hi guys, I'm in Zelenograd and there is nothing here clubbing wise!

Does anyone fancy getting together one weekend to go to Arma?

I'm mainly into Deep and Tech House but just want to hear some decent music and dance!

Cheers,

Chris

timokhovitch
07-01-2012, 14:38
Hey guys:)

I've just moved back to Moscow in December, from South Africa. I grew up in Africa but I was born here.

Would love to meet some new people and have a fat party))))) Haven't had a chance yet with all these holidays and people being away. So if you guys go anywhere, please keep me in mind!

Thanks,

Anna

privet2009
07-01-2012, 17:49
Originally Posted by ThePhenom

The Boarhouse drugging might have just been the low quality of some of the draught beers!

kamardinauskas
07-01-2012, 22:07
этаж on Tverskaya street is ok. there's a restaurant on the first floor and a club in the basement.As far as I know the entrance is free.

CatTV
27-03-2012, 13:11
Masterskaya www.mstrsk.ru or Che www.clubche.ru

scvartch
20-06-2012, 15:13
Propanda 4ever. I live near it and security guys know me and almost bever have a problem to come there :)

Babygirl
20-06-2012, 16:49
Solyanka that is :D :12115:

robertmf
20-06-2012, 17:15
Che is a good place if you like latino music. Petrovich is an evergreen, but you need a club card or on invitation to get in on Saturdays.

Is there face control :question:

antfidel
20-06-2012, 17:33
Solyanka that is :D :12115:

Every hipster i know is all like, "Solyanka was cool 5 years ago before the hipsters turned it into a showcase for themselves", then they religiously flock to Strelka and Solyanka on every weekend. Capital bass events were fun tho.

Babygirl
20-06-2012, 18:29
I was a total hipster 5 years ago. :D

And yes the place is not as cool as it was back then.

Life goes on.

Hipster stuff is pretty much Stone Age now btw.

robertmf
20-06-2012, 18:37
I was a total hipster 5 years ago. :D

And yes the place is not as cool as it was back then.

Life goes on.

Hipster stuff is pretty much Stone Age now btw.

Will you be going to the new & improved Hungry Duck :question:

Babygirl
20-06-2012, 19:01
Not sure yet.

Trying not to hang around sleazy, drunk expats who love to gossip and talk sh*t these days. :D

Some good friends are coming tho, so will see bout that.

Accord
26-06-2012, 02:56
Anybody know any places with low security, that dont check for ID n stuff?
But all also with a good crowd n good music?:AngelPray:

robertmf
26-06-2012, 03:10

The good places all have face control.

mrzuzzo
26-06-2012, 08:04

Checking for ID is quite rare... face control is the important thing.

You must look the part to get in.

Kangaroo495
26-06-2012, 10:00

For sure there is. I never go places with strict face control. Just don't like very fancy clubs, prefer something more laid back

Try: Kukly Pistolety; Mulata; Tequila Bar; Real McCoy (quite sleazy though); Coyote Ugly; Che (on Thursdays, not weekends).

There are several bars on Kuznetsky Most which are quite laid back. Some of them may check for ID, some of them not.

Also, if you want a decent bar to have a drink at - try Hudson. I've had a couple of fun evenings there.

Steveblake
26-06-2012, 10:02
I'm interested in clubs too

antfidel
26-06-2012, 11:46
Checking for ID is quite rare... face control is the important thing.

You must look the part to get in.

As long as you don't look like you just got off the plane from Montana, expats get a much bigger leeway than natives.

Accord
26-06-2012, 16:12
Ok Ill draw on some wrinkles just to be on the safe side xD:thumbsup:

Iro solo
27-06-2012, 22:29
As for me i prefer "Rock-n-Roll bar", "Cuba Libre Bar", "Didu" m. Chistie Prudi, "Kukli&Pistoleti" near m. Novoslobodskaya, but all this place has face controllers and there ask ID.
But music sounds great and people are very interesting!!

Accord
29-06-2012, 01:06
anybody been to hard rock during their... dance nights?!
i dont know what to call em... ive heard theyre not that good... but ive never been...

scvartch
29-06-2012, 13:37
anybody been to hard rock during their... dance nights?!
i dont know what to call em... ive heard theyre not that good... but ive never been...

Events in Moscow Hard rock cafe are absolutely same as all others over the world.

LouisKang12
02-07-2012, 04:09
I've also heard the Hard Rock in Moscow is not nearly as good. They differ from state to state in the US too.

Does anyone frequent Papa's Place on Monday nights (for happy hour specials)? I'll be going with a few friends today. We're open to meeting new people if you're interested

kassandra
02-07-2012, 09:16
I've also heard the Hard Rock in Moscow is not nearly as good. They differ from state to state in the US too.

Does anyone frequent Papa's Place on Monday nights (for happy hour specials)? I'll be going with a few friends today. We're open to meeting new people if you're interested

Hi :) What time are you going?

LouisKang12
02-07-2012, 12:27
10:30

I see from your profile that you're Belgian. Ik woonde in Leuven voor ongeveer tvee jaaren. I'm going with a few Hungarians and Brits, you should come.

See you.

kassandra
02-07-2012, 16:13
10:30

I see from your profile that you're Belgian. Ik woonde in Leuven voor ongeveer tvee jaaren. I'm going with a few Hungarians and Brits, you should come.

See you.

Oh that s too late for me :( shame :(
Let me know about your next time please :)

LouisKang12
03-07-2012, 14:30
Well the next time is tonight, at cafe Gogol, but I work until late on most weekdays. We'll be there around 22.

Also Couchsurfing.org has organized a meet tonight at Gogol so it should be an interesting dynamic.

kassandra
04-07-2012, 10:31
Well the next time is tonight, at cafe Gogol, but I work until late on most weekdays. We'll be there around 22.

Also Couchsurfing.org has organized a meet tonight at Gogol so it should be an interesting dynamic.

The question is what time you start working the next day :) looks like not too early :)

LouisKang12
21-07-2012, 12:06
A friend or two and I are going to club Soylanka tonight. Anyone else going?

redex5000
22-07-2012, 07:55
I will go to "Arena Moscow" club at next week...

vol
15-08-2012, 16:51
Hello everybody! May be it is funny I m from moscow but i havent seen in moscow clup with pop dance music.for excample like most of the clubs in barcelona=)) does anybody knows any?

elisaf
31-08-2012, 21:06
Hey Prefuse8(7?:)3

I have a suggestion for tonight: 31337 label night @ Produkty

The 31337 team is on it’s way to moscow for another label night with friends and fans of groovy minimalistic and ass shaking tunes! This time with Sebastian Koch, Sven Laux, Easy Changes and Mono Gum from the Undefault duo. Be sure to stop by and have a good time and a few drinks with our artists. It’s going to be a wild ride, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to dance with us – We hope to see you there! To Russia with love.

Line up:

SVEN LAUX /31337 Records | Archipel | Berlin/

SEBASTIAN KOCH /31337 Records | Berlin/

EASY CHANGES /31337 Records | Nervmusic | Mean | Moscow/

MONO GUM (UNDEFAULT) /31337 Records | Moscow/

timeline
start 0:00 till 9:00

300 rur | FC

«Products» cafe & bar
Red October, Bersenevskiy. 5, str. 1

+veranda+ping-pong+frisbie+badminton+streetball+

by t&k