PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in Krasnodar?

kassandra
18-11-2010, 15:52
My company starts a new project in Krasnodar soon and am going to be sent there as a project manager for a year.
So any information about the city wld be highly appreciated :)
And would be lovely to meet some expat people there :)

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 16:12
I envy you. Nice place, warm, fruits/vegetables/meat/wine. Girlzzzz!!! Relaxed and friendly people. City as a village - 2-3 fllors max out of center. Rectangular net of streets. 2-2.5 hours to the sea by car (both Black and Azovskoe). 2-2.5 hours to Mocow by air, ~10 flights a day (other flights - to SPb, Surgut, Mirny, Chelyabinsk, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Tashkent, Istanbul)

http://www.krd.ru/ - official website of the city
Краснодар — Википедия - ruWiki

Kick yakspeare, he's now there.

BTW what project you'll start there?

yakspeare
18-11-2010, 16:27
I live in Krasnodar...plenty to do down here...we also have an English club which is free where all the expats meet and all those who want to practice speaking English...so a good way to meet people(especially English/Americans etc)...we are going to karoake on sunday for example...krasnodar has the black sea and mountains down the road and yes good wine and food. the traffic though is akin to moscow.

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 16:32
Hi yak,
Help this nice girl ;)

I live in Krasnodar...plenty to do down here...we also have an English club which is free where all the expats meet and all those who want to practice speaking English...so a good way to meet people(especially English/Americans etc)...we are going to karoake on sunday for example...krasnodar has the black sea and mountains down the road and yes good wine and food. the traffic though is akin to moscow.

yakspeare
18-11-2010, 16:36
ONLY because you asked me to. ;)

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 16:41
:D
Thanks!

ONLY because you asked me to. ;)

kassandra
18-11-2010, 17:15

Oh really? Thats great!!
Please give me some more information about the club. Do they go out during the week? I fly to Krasnodar incoming Monday already, dont want to be lonely

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 17:29
I recommend you either Red Royal (ul. Krasnyh Partizan, center) or Premier (a bit distant, Vasnetsova) hotels, of my experience.
http://www.redroyalhotel.com/
http://www.hotelpremier.ru/

Oh really? Thats great!!
Please give me some more information about the club. Do they go out during the week? I fly to Krasnodar incoming Monday already, dont want to be lonely

yakspeare
18-11-2010, 17:55
they meet officially every 2 weeks on sundays...if you are on facebook you can become a member there and see when they have things on.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=435760300622

but i am sure plenty of people would be happy to show you around. I even know this aussie who works right in the centre on krasnaya ulitsa next to the boulevard ( Shut up Andy :P ). krasnodar is quite a beautiful city but it is spread out a bit and with the traffic things need some planning...i am still learning where everything is myself. but there is a LOT to do within a few hours drive of the city, of that you are spoilt for choice.

kassandra
18-11-2010, 18:01
they meet officially every 2 weeks on sundays...if you are on facebook you can become a member there and see when they have things on.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=435760300622

but i am sure plenty of people would be happy to show you around. I even know this aussie who works right in the centre on krasnaya ulitsa next to the boulevard ( Shut up Andy :P ). krasnodar is quite a beautiful city but it is spread out a bit and with the traffic things need some planning...i am still learning where everything is myself. but there is a LOT to do within a few hours drive of the city, of that you are spoilt for choice.

Good. Sundays dont work for me untill the end of the year cause am going to come there only on weekdays in November-December.
But if there is anybody here ready to show me the city - I'll be very glad.
And I ll check the link.
Thank you dear :)

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 18:04
:agree::zoom:

yakspeare
18-11-2010, 18:08
Well i am often free during the day(work evenings from 6-9 or 6-10) and centrally located so if you want a free tour over a long lunch drop me a line...also my russian teacher is the best tourist guide who is responsible for the preservation of all the old buildings...so he can give you quite an interesting tour with me(free of course).

there are two aussies, one kiwi, half a dozen brits and more than a dozen americans here in krasnodar...i know most of them though a few russian language students at the unis i don't know. but i am sure we can keep you busy.

kassandra
19-11-2010, 12:23
Well i am often free during the day(work evenings from 6-9 or 6-10) and centrally located so if you want a free tour over a long lunch drop me a line...also my russian teacher is the best tourist guide who is responsible for the preservation of all the old buildings...so he can give you quite an interesting tour with me(free of course).

there are two aussies, one kiwi, half a dozen brits and more than a dozen americans here in krasnodar...i know most of them though a few russian language students at the unis i don't know. but i am sure we can keep you busy.

I wish I could! But am working during days....

yakspeare
19-11-2010, 16:13
well send me a pm if i can't entertain you i am sure i can find plenty who will volunteer.

my loss can be someone elses gain

RussianSphinx
15-12-2010, 18:07
Yakspeare :)

I wanted to write that I know one American who lives somewhere around Krasnodar, I have met him on Twitter but I see that you know everybody.

I will remember about you, if I had to go to Krasnodar

yakspeare
15-12-2010, 18:25
i know a lot of americans here but every week there seem more...details of others are more than welcome. :))

i had the pleasure of meeting Kassandra and showing her the city thanks to expat.ru :)

kassandra
15-12-2010, 18:29
i know a lot of americans here but every week there seem more...details of others are more than welcome. :))

i had the pleasure of meeting Kassandra and showing her the city thanks to expat.ru :)

Thank you, Dear! I enjoyed it a lot!

FatAndy
15-12-2010, 19:32
Kassandra, pls, share your opinion about the city, if possible... general impression, partial details, pros, contras... eh? Thank you in advance.

FlakeySnowballer
20-12-2010, 00:15
I envy you. Nice place, warm, fruits/vegetables/meat/wine. Girlzzzz!!!

Andy i think you are cunning now. If you envy just move there but i bet you prefer to stay in Moscow :lick:

2-2.5 hours to Mocow by air, ~10 flights a day (other flights - to SPb, Surgut, Mirny, Chelyabinsk, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Tashkent, Istanbul)

So what is kassandra going to do in Tashkent or Nishnevartovsk? :applause:

FatAndy
20-12-2010, 12:32
If you envy just move there but i bet you prefer to stay in Moscow - thank you for generous advice. I visited Krasnodar several times and will do it again. ;)

So what is kassandra going to do in Tashkent or Nishnevartovsk? - it depends on her plans and intentions. If you're really interested, ask her by PM. :)

yakspeare
20-12-2010, 13:57
Kassandra has only just scratched the surface( me too but i am a few months ahead)...it really isn't an easy city to get to know...it is mostly houses here not apartments and so it is quite spread out...so i am being chivalrous and getting drunk in all kinds of places and then reporting back to her what i recommend for her to try.

all part of the job you see?

Fatandy if you are down this way one time let me know... :)

FatAndy
20-12-2010, 14:11
if you are down this way one time let me know... - yak, if you mean to get drunk in all kinds of places, it's in the past I'm afraid, but I'd be glad to meet for раздавить бутылочку-другую (C)... ;) I'll drop the PM in advance.

yakspeare
20-12-2010, 14:12
well my russian isn't that great and it sounds kind of kinky but um sure....

FatAndy
20-12-2010, 14:35
Use this expression for free (GPL license) ;) Means to drink one-two bottles (usually not alone, but with mates).

yakspeare
20-12-2010, 15:20
1 -2 bottles qualifies as a non drinker down here.

actually saw something interesting which perhaps others might be used to...yesterday met some friends in a shopping centre and the guys were ordered to sit in the bar/cafe there while the women shopped up a storm...both were quite happy with the arrangement.

never associated "going shopping" with drinking before...could be popular back home in australia.

tvadim133
20-12-2010, 15:58

actually saw something interesting which perhaps others might be used to...yesterday met some friends in a shopping centre and the guys were ordered to sit in the bar/cafe there while the women shopped up a storm...both were quite happy with the arrangement.

never associated "going shopping" with drinking before...could be popular back home in australia.

That is what I always do in shopping centres:

drinking (when I do not drive, and prefer her driving) and waiting for My GF!

That makes me fond of shopping indeed!

yakspeare
20-12-2010, 16:00
it is a brilliant concept...drop the kids off at the day care, drop the husband at the pub and go shop.

a win win all round....why can't australians think of this? i mean our guys know how to drink too.

FatAndy
20-12-2010, 16:11
Yak, just nobody dropped in the concept into Australian life. You can be the first one, if you have familiar guys/girls who rule in those mall businesses back home. Patent the idea of "Mall as a relax for whole family" and have fun ;)
And don't forget that best zakuska is pelmeni, shashlik and olivie salad! :D

it is a brilliant concept...drop the kids off at the day care, drop the husband at the pub and go shop.

a win win all round....why can't australians think of this? i mean our guys know how to drink too.

FlakeySnowballer
20-12-2010, 21:52
That is what I always do in shopping centres:

drinking (when I do not drive, and prefer her driving) and waiting for My GF!

That makes me fond of shopping indeed!

So how often do you drink in shopping centers? Do you prefer orange fresh or sort of Dr. Pepper or something else?

sashadidi
21-12-2010, 10:53

Bit along the lines of this?

tvadim133
21-12-2010, 11:29
So how often do you drink in shopping centers? Do you prefer orange fresh or sort of Dr. Pepper or something else?

Often!

Dry Martini, coffee with Jameson (Irish Cofee)!

Carrot fresh and coffee without alcohol, in case, it is me, who drive.

Why do you ask?

FlakeySnowballer
21-12-2010, 11:44
Often!

Dry Martini, coffee with Jameson (Irish Cofee)!

Carrot fresh and coffee without alcohol, in case, it is me, who drive.

Why do you ask?

Because of curiosity:shhhhhh:

tvadim133
21-12-2010, 11:46
Because of curiosity:shhhhhh:

Curiosity kills the cat! :)

FatAndy
21-12-2010, 12:26
Brandy is better, IMHO. With coffee, cigar and chocolate. Or with apple and sudjuk. ;)

Krasnodar Kid
02-02-2011, 16:57
Hello!

Yes, there are a handful of us expats down here in Krasnodar. Glad you are coming to the city - hope to see you at the English club!

robertmf
02-02-2011, 21:24
Bit along the lines of this?

:10479: