PDA

View Full Version : why do they keep watering the roads

JanC
17-11-2010, 00:41
Seriously, it's like 3 degrees outside and they're making the roads wet..i can sort of understand in summer but the purpose of this is now beyond me, aside from making my car dirty even quicker than usual.

Would love to know the official reason? :)

Strider
17-11-2010, 00:46
probably there is some kind of plan of when to water which streets and they don't care if it is actually needed or even safe, this would be my guess

tvadim133
17-11-2010, 00:55
Google translation from one of Moscow forums:

"As a person held in a youth practice at the depot utility, I can say the following. Roads watered with one goal: not just moisten it, and wash away the dirt (sand, dust, debris) from the asphalt. Watered so that the dirt under running water driven to the border, where it will already be collecting machine-cleaner, as they are called. Watered with plain water. When do the freezing, do not pour water naturally. Machines begin to "change one's shoes," instead polivalok they put the so-called in the jargon of the drivers' plows for snow removal. Streets in this period of extremely clean machine-brushed".

ReallyGreatConcerts
17-11-2010, 01:07

Cleaning them. They clean the roads in Moscow. What's so strange about that?

JanC
17-11-2010, 16:55
Cleaning them. They clean the roads in Moscow. What's so strange about that?

Well it doesn't actually seem to work for one thing, unless the goal is to make the dirt go quicker from the road onto the cars. Before or after "cleaning" they keep being covered in more sand than I've seen elsewhere. Considering they "clean" them daily something is not going right.

franzewich
18-11-2010, 01:11
... aside from making my car dirty even quicker than usual ...

I'm sure there is a lobby of moika-owners behind all this! ;)

creditcrunch
18-11-2010, 16:25
Seriously, it's like 3 degrees outside and they're making the roads wet..i can sort of understand in summer but the purpose of this is now beyond me, aside from making my car dirty even quicker than usual.

Because they want them to grow? :applause:

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 17:03
Natuerlich, Genosse! :D

I'm sure there is a lobby of moika-owners behind all this! ;)

creditcrunch
18-11-2010, 17:33

Чем больше ты воды больше дорог будет расти решения проблемы Москва трафик!

:11581:

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 17:52
You climb quickly in Russian ;)

franzewich
18-11-2010, 17:53

Благодарю, товарищ! :)

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 18:09
Not at all comrade... I know you're main stackholder of Alfred Kärcher Vertriebs-GmbH :D

creditcrunch
18-11-2010, 18:12
You climb quickly in Russian ;)

....But fall faster!!! ;-)

FatAndy
18-11-2010, 18:16
Well, it's dialectics! :D

creditcrunch
18-11-2010, 20:20
Well, it's dialectics! :D

Do you mean diabetics? Sorry I am bored and in a stupid mood. Russian is a hard language!

FatAndy
19-11-2010, 11:27
No, just this:
http://www.ask.com/wiki/Dialectic

Russian is VERY easy, I speak it starting 1 y.o. :D

Do you mean diabetics? Sorry I am bored and in a stupid mood. Russian is a hard language!

creditcrunch
19-11-2010, 11:38
No, just this:
http://www.ask.com/wiki/Dialectic

Russian is VERY easy, I speak it starting 1 y.o. :D

Andy I doubt you will get that on here!! see def below

Dialectic (also called dialectics or the dialectical method) is a method of argument, which has been central to both Indic and Western philosophy since ancient times. The word "dialectic" originates in Ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in his Socratic dialogues. Dialectic is based on a dialogue between two or more people who may hold differing views, yet wish to pursue truth by seeking agreement with one another.[1] This is in contrast to debate, in which two or more people hold differing views and wish to persuade or prove one another wrong (and thus a jury or judge is needed to decide the matter), or rhetoric, which is a relatively long oration conducted by a single person, a method favored by the Sophists.[2] Different forms of dialectical reason have emerged in the Indosphere and in the West, as well as during different eras of history (see below). Among the major forms of dialectic reason are Socratic, Hindu, Buddhist, Medieval, Hegelian, Marxist, and Talmudic

You are however the judge and must some how manage the "debates" or arguments between people who are sane and insane and they know who they are!! Not an easy job but good luck! :10806:

FatAndy
19-11-2010, 11:46
I'm also in doubts. All of my life ;) Thank you.
I meant this about your "climbing and falling down":
Everything is made out of opposing forces/opposing sides (contradictions).
Gradual changes lead to turning points, where one force overcomes the other (quantitative change leads to qualitative change).

;)

Andy I doubt you will get that on here!! see def below

Dialectic (also called dialectics or the dialectical method) is a method of argument, which has been central to both Indic and Western philosophy since ancient times. The word "dialectic" originates in Ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in his Socratic dialogues. Dialectic is based on a dialogue between two or more people who may hold differing views, yet wish to pursue truth by seeking agreement with one another.[1] This is in contrast to debate, in which two or more people hold differing views and wish to persuade or prove one another wrong (and thus a jury or judge is needed to decide the matter), or rhetoric, which is a relatively long oration conducted by a single person, a method favored by the Sophists.[2] Different forms of dialectical reason have emerged in the Indosphere and in the West, as well as during different eras of history (see below). Among the major forms of dialectic reason are Socratic, Hindu, Buddhist, Medieval, Hegelian, Marxist, and Talmudic

You are however the judge and must some how manage the "debates" or arguments between people who are sane and insane and they know who they are!! Not an easy job but good luck! :10806:

Gypsy
20-11-2010, 02:53
It has always puzzled me. I don't understand why Moscow's roads are so much muddier than other places, but when it dries out and cars stand a chance of staying clean they then send the trucks out to spray water on the streets and it get all muddy again.

JanC
20-11-2010, 12:36
Maybe they're getting the water from some kind of muddy pond/river ? Just guessing :10293:

The scheme probably employs hundreds of people, maybe that's the only reason.

creditcrunch
20-11-2010, 13:35
Maybe they're getting the water from some kind of muddy pond/river ? Just guessing :10293:

The scheme probably employs hundreds of people, maybe that's the only reason.

The roads get covers in dirty snow in the winter and in the summer they are covers in soot from the traffic pollution.

They always water the roads and streets in movies as it looks better on screen maybe its the same trick done here in Moscow???? Or some official took a back hander for the contract?? We will never know!

martpark
20-11-2010, 14:18
The roads get covers in dirty snow in the winter and in the summer they are covers in soot from the traffic pollution.

They always water the roads and streets in movies as it looks better on screen maybe its the same trick done here in Moscow???? Or some official took a back hander for the contract?? We will never know!

I was on a film set here in Moscow and the water trucks came by. You could see the crew's look when they thought their camera, lights, etc would get soaked. Luckily, the trucks slowed the flow as they went past.

GaNozri
20-11-2010, 14:54
I don't know if they do it all over Moscow, but in my neighborhood (Michurinskiy pr-t, Lomonosovskiy pr-t, Kosygina st.) the streets are first washed with plain water, then shampooed, then brushed. I don't have a problem with that at all!:10806:

creditcrunch
20-11-2010, 15:22
I don't know if they do it all over Moscow, but in my neighborhood (Michurinskiy pr-t, Lomonosovskiy pr-t, Kosygina st.) the streets are first washed with plain water, then shampooed, then brushed. I don't have a problem with that at all!:10806:

Do they get a blow dry and gel as well? :)

ReallyGreatConcerts
21-11-2010, 00:35
Do they get a blow dry and gel as well? :)

Back again so soon.

http://www.anglotopia.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/unbranded-dr-who-talking-tardis-money-bank.jpg

creditcrunch
21-11-2010, 09:57
Point at the bald ban with glasses and spray, sweep up and throw down the toilet.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPWNI62FfLCD_R8iWavUK0K5Fxc1LJEfFVVCE0NDgcTQ5RCKk1ew