PDA

View Full Version : it's about red tape...

Benedikt
26-06-2007, 15:57
..and since i can't post and ask THERE, might as well do it here.
this happens only since about 3 days.
can log in only and thats it. when clicking onto the site and try to scroll up or down, it is only 'stuttering' when moving.takes about 3-4 minutes just to move between 2 posts. than no opening the posts. and nothing moves anymore.try to 'force quit' does not work.get a message that the 'finder has unexpectedly quit' and i should save my work in another folder... than the monitor freezes. i have to turn it off and re-start again.
this is the only site, all others are working.

TD
26-06-2007, 18:06
hmmm... tell you what - wait a couple of days while we sort out final structure on the server

for now the forums have been temporarily at "forum.expat.ru" and the site at "expat.ru"

everything will be merging back to the normal layout late tonight and this might just make your problem go away

otherwise it sounds pretty strange... what operating system are you using and what browser version?

for instance: windows xp pro sp2 and firefox 2.0.0.4 (my specs)

popeye01
26-06-2007, 18:27
ok i will copy and paste this there for you but im using firefox and not having problems

TD
26-06-2007, 18:41
wait, the problem is with redtape or expat.ru? :-)

Packman
26-06-2007, 19:56
..and since i can't post and ask THERE, might as well do it here.
this happens only since about 3 days.
can log in only and thats it. when clicking onto the site and try to scroll up or down, it is only 'stuttering' when moving.takes about 3-4 minutes just to move between 2 posts. than no opening the posts. and nothing moves anymore.try to 'force quit' does not work.get a message that the 'finder has unexpectedly quit' and i should save my work in another folder... than the monitor freezes. i have to turn it off and re-start again.
this is the only site, all others are working.

Maybe one of the mods over there is trying to tell you something...:agree:

Benedikt
27-06-2007, 07:58
wait, the problem is with redtape or expat.ru? :-)
i can log onto the first apge and scroll up and down as usual. but as soon as i click on a forum and want to open it, the page stalls.
and the results are still the same as posted.
well,hickups occur and they will be sorted out in good time...
Rome also was not built in one day but people who do a NEW site should be able to draw from past experiences and rectify the mistakes?

provided of course the fault is not in my computer, than apologies would be in order. but i doubt that since any other site, newspapers or anything else i load down works normal.

TD
27-06-2007, 09:44
Maybe one of the mods over there is trying to tell you something...:agree:

have you had any disputes with the mods or admins? there is indeed a little known punitive measure which can be inflicted on "naughty posters" that would cause problems similar to yours - the idea is to make it almost impossible to use the site rather than an outright ban...

jheisel
27-06-2007, 11:33
what version of your browser & macos are you using?

CaveMan
27-06-2007, 12:23
Maybe I should step in....

Benedickt - we have informed the IT guys and they are looking into your problem.

Benedikt
27-06-2007, 18:32
have you had any disputes with the mods or admins? there is indeed a little known punitive measure which can be inflicted on "naughty posters" that would cause problems similar to yours - the idea is to make it almost impossible to use the site rather than an outright ban...
and unfair. not for me, I don't care, but for mods and administation.They deserve better than that. I realy don't believe that they would 'sink' that low to 'punish' me for posting something they don't agree with. Than they should /could have done that long ago....
And I suppose there are better methods and more effective ones to punish, if you want to use that word, a naughty poster.

popeye01
27-06-2007, 18:37
and unfair. not for me, I don't care, but for mods and administation.They deserve better than that. I realy don't believe that they would 'sink' that low to 'punish' me for posting something they don't agree with. Than they should /could have done that long ago....
And I suppose there are better methods and more effective ones to punish, if you want to use that word, a naughty poster.
did you try my suggestions in your pm??

Benedikt
27-06-2007, 21:21
the first one can't load ( than i press the refresh button, lots of words at the bottom task bar, but in the end it is 'internet zone' and nothing more) and the second one does not open ( can't find the application that created that program)

28-06-2007, 00:34
I had the same probleme here on expat, a few months ago (on another account). Mr Len didn't appreciate a post about scam short term apartments, and .... :) A nice wait to ban somebody without saying it....

Benedikt
28-06-2007, 07:46
it is ok with me. my life does not depend on either site, neither do i make a living from them.

Sidney Bliss
28-06-2007, 09:45
and unfair. not for me, I don't care, but for mods and administation.They deserve better than that. I realy don't believe that they would 'sink' that low to 'punish' me for posting something they don't agree with.

If it was a generalisation of all redtape admins and mods then it would be unfair but every barrel has it's bad apples and redtape is no exception. You'd be surprised how pathetic some people become when they get the whiff of 'power' in their nostrils.

popeye01
28-06-2007, 09:55
the first one can't load ( than i press the refresh button, lots of words at the bottom task bar, but in the end it is 'internet zone' and nothing more) and the second one does not open ( can't find the application that created that program)
you seem to have a serious problem with your computer its nothing to do with red tape

i have downloaded these softwares on over 50 computers with out problmes

i think its time you really had yours checked out

the problems will escalate with other sites and software as well