PDA

View Full Version : How to switch phone to tonal regime?

joyciemannie
25-06-2007, 23:33
how can you make your phone dial tone (i don't mean pressing star, but dialing actual phone numbers)? i know this should be a common thing as all russian land lines are pulse. i have a telephone with a pulse/tone switch, but when i dial tone, the phone doesn't register what i'm dialing. advice please? do i need to buy a special plug to go into the multiprong switch?

thanks!

Kokomo
26-06-2007, 00:59
you cant.

unless of course you have a single line from comstar or such.
office phones can do, since they are set up that way, home lines, foregt it.

you can dial using your cellphone or at work.

if you have to switch to tone, yes the pound button will do.

TD
26-06-2007, 15:09
if you have to switch to tone, yes the pound button will do.

its the * button NOT the # one

when i use tone dialing from home:

pick up handset

get dialtone

push * button

dial number

works for me... some phones have a physical tone/pulse switch on them, or can be programmed to start with one or the other. Almost all can be switched back and forth using the * key however.

Kokomo
26-06-2007, 15:36
its the * button NOT the # one
when i use tone dialing from home:
pick up handset
get dialtone
push * button
dial number
works for me... some phones have a physical tone/pulse switch on them, or can be programmed to start with one or the other. Almost all can be switched back and forth using the * key however.

sounds right. I think Joyce thinks that there is a service, like back in the states, where you can ask your telephone server company to automatically have a tone or pulse option, which is not the case here (yet).

hmmmmmmmm

Bex
26-06-2007, 23:01
Yes, you have to press star.
On my phone, however, you have to press it down lots of times for it to work, so do keep trying if it dosn't work straight away.

jheisel
27-06-2007, 11:37
MGTS offers tone dialing to many regions of Moscow. I'll see if I can find the webpage that talks about how to set it up & its costs.

jheisel
27-06-2007, 11:42
http://www.mgts.ru/menu.html?ID_DOC=272742

etc