PDA

View Full Version : Visa processing in Kiev vs Riga?

jenniky
22-06-2007, 12:39
Hi,

I'm trying to think of the easiest place for me get my new 1 year multi entry Business visa processed at the end of August. I nixed Helsinki, because it's easier for me to get my HIV test done here in Russia (and I read that you can't bring a Russian test to Finland).

Anyone have any thoughts about which city to go to?

Anything for or against Riga or Kiev? I guess there are also cheap flights to Berlin...

Any info will help!

davtan
24-06-2007, 11:50
i go to Kiev for my multi visa !! never had no problem as long as you have all documents (get copies of them all too ), the service is quick and painless !! they speak English there too !!

ATO1980
24-06-2007, 19:07
Kiev is less expensive and much closer than Riga. Additionally, the ticket to Kiev (by train) is much less expensive than going to Riga. The average ticket for a 4-person compartment is about 1200+ rubles to Kiev, but to Riga it's going to cost you at least 2200+. Those are 1-way fares...

TD
24-06-2007, 22:14
tallinn estonia is also a good destination - train is fairly cheap, and I don't think I have ever even needed an HIV document there

have always used an agency to do the actual paperwork, so I can't really comment on how easy/difficult dealing with the embassy there is

for the past 4 years at least I have been using Liga for my visa support - they take care of almost all of the details for you other than actually hopping on the train/plane and picking up your paperwork in whichever country you choose

happy to send you their details if you send me a PM

Packman
25-06-2007, 01:33
Hi,

I'm trying to think of the easiest place for me get my new 1 year multi entry Business visa processed at the end of August. I nixed Helsinki, because it's easier for me to get my HIV test done here in Russia (and I read that you can't bring a Russian test to Finland).

Anyone have any thoughts about which city to go to?

Anything for or against Riga or Kiev? I guess there are also cheap flights to Berlin...

Any info will help!

Well, don't know where you read that because I used a Moscow Invitro test for my visa last July i n Helsinki. No questions at all asked about it. Baku is good and cheap. Don't go to Tbilisi it was $570 with an extra $200 for quick service.

jenniky
26-06-2007, 11:24
Thanks everyone - very helpful stuff.

RE: Tallinn (or Narva for that matter) - my visa department tells me that the Russian Embassy in Estonia has changed their rules - now you have to be in Estonia for 48 hours BEFORE you start processing your visa, which makes the trip a bit longer. Also, my friend got his visa done in Narva, and he DID need the HIV test (he got it done there).

I think I've decided on Kiev, but will look into this 'Liga' company to see if they'll make my life easier for a (hopefully) small fee.

:)

jenniky
28-06-2007, 12:47
Hey,

In case anyone is interested, I've just talked to my visa department, and apparently Narva, Estonia is the top place to have your new Russian visa processed quickly. They advised against Kiev and Tallinn because of long lines.

euro-asia
28-06-2007, 15:34
hi

i can tell you and everybody that in kiev the visa procedure is easy and fast (you can drop off the documents in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. Just make of all your documetns copies because they will ask also a copy.

If you have a EU Pasport the prices are even lower.

Example 3 month double entry done the same day cost 155 USD ( done 2 days ago).

If somebody want more information about this and cheap invitation letter send me a pm

grniazi786
28-06-2007, 17:34
Dear,
Hi.
Can I ask you which kind of visa you are dealing student or visit..
Thanks.
Bye.

skij
28-06-2007, 22:58
Just a quick note - I have done a few visas in Tallinn and never found the lines very long. You can drop it by in the morning on the way to a hostel from the train station and get it later that night. As far as the 48-hour rule.... not sure about that one. But what did impress me is that they have a little window open just for the visas and I usually spent about 5 minutes in line.

Good luck!

markmarkov
05-07-2007, 17:39
jenniky, could you tell me WHERE in Narva I can get a Russian visa???
I have been going to Tallinn and I had no idea it was possible to do it in Narva... Tnx!

Hey,

In case anyone is interested, I've just talked to my visa department, and apparently Narva, Estonia is the top place to have your new Russian visa processed quickly. They advised against Kiev and Tallinn because of long lines.

jenniky
09-07-2007, 18:28
Hmmm...good question. Is it bad that I don't know where it is? I know that there is a Russian Consulate in Narva - but I don't know the exact location. I know loads of people from my company who have had their Russian visas processed there. Sorry, don't know the street address in Narva!

vantru
20-09-2007, 15:00
I have these 2 add. i guess you need the 2nd, but pls double check.
Hope I have helped.

Address: 19, Pikk st., Tallin, 10133, Estonia
Phone: +372 6464175, 6464169
Telex: (64) 173511 РУСЬ
Fax: +372 646-41-78
E-mail: vensaat@online.ee

Consular department:
Address: 8, Kiriku st., Narva, 20307, Estonia
Phone: +37..., 60-652, 60-653
Telex: -
Fax: +372 35 6-0654
E-mail: konsot@narvanet.ee, narvacon@hot.ee

Periwinkle
20-09-2007, 18:22
The Helsinki Aids test problem is very new.....
I didn't have a good experience in Kiev but that could be a one -off. Kiev Was not in the cheapest range either.
Riga used to be better than currently is. Berlin very expensive. Have you thought about Vilnius or Warsaw - both good.