PDA

View Full Version : Lacrosse

jonkitna
21-07-2007, 15:51
I have been approached with an idea to start a club lacrosse team in Moscow that will get together regularly in spring/fall at the fields at MGU. Is there a critical mass of players in Moscow to field a team? There are also opportunities to play against other club teams in Eastern Europe & the UK.

Please PM me if you play Lax. Those who are interested can join and learn to play, but we will need expereinced players in order to compete against other travel teams.

Thanks,
Jon

speedinglisa
12-03-2009, 17:39
Moscow Lacrosse Club seeks players of all levels to join in the fun. In spite of the outflow of some of our number over the last few months, Moscow Lacrosse Club is alive and well. In preparation for after the snow, I wanted to get the word out now that we will resume meeting at the fields near Rechnoi Vokzal as soon as weather permits, perhaps as soon as this weekend.

I've been in touch with lacrosse players in St. Petersburg, Kazan, Riga, and Prague, and I'm hoping to amass enough players to be able to play a full game.

Russia is a country full of sports enthusiasts, and I'm sure that the fast-moving game of lacrosse would catch on quickly here.

Please help spread the word. Any interested parties should feel free to call me at 8-916-394-1248.

Thanks,
David
Founder
Moscow Lacrosse Club

speedinglisa
05-08-2010, 18:38
Moscow Lacrosse Club seeks players of all experience levels. We practice and play pick-up games Saturday mornings. Time and location change depending on weather. For more information, please contact me at via contacts above. Feel free to share the attached flyer with anyone you think would be interested. Hope to see lots of new players this summer.

andymackem
12-11-2010, 16:47
If you fancy something a bit different to ease your Sunday morning hangover, why not try this:

http://themoscownews.com/sports/20101110/188189888.html

Sounds like a laugh, and potentially fun to play as well.

speedinglisa
02-08-2011, 14:28
Indeed, the team is in its fourth year, and we have steadily progressed to playing full-fledged games every Saturday on the grass field at the U.S. Embassy. We have a consistent group of players showing up regularly, but we want to grow lacrosse in Moscow such that there are several teams in the city and we have an actual league. With that goal in mind, we need more and more players.

I have plenty of extra gear to equip any interested players who do not have their own.

Come out and join the lacrosse revolution! My contact information is below. Call or write with questions.

David Diamonon
Founder
Moscow Lacrosse Club
ddiamonon@yahoo.com
Mobile: 8-916-394-1248

speedinglisa
02-08-2011, 14:55
Yes, in fact, we've had citizens of Russia, Japan, Canada, the UK, and Denmark join us for games at the embassy. If you're interested in joining this Saturday, I might be able to add you to the access list. Just let me know!

speedinglisa
02-08-2011, 15:02
Jon,

Don't know if you're still around, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to promote Moscow Lacrosse Club.

The team is in its fourth year, and we have steadily progressed to playing full-fledged games every Saturday on the grass field at the U.S. Embassy. We have a consistent group of players showing up, but we want to grow lacrosse in Moscow such that there are several teams in the city and we have an actual league. We've played the St. Petersburg team twice now, and eventually, we want to play the teams in Finland and Latvia. With those goals in mind, we need more and more players.

I have plenty of extra gear to equip any interested players who do not have their own.

Come out and join the lacrosse revolution! My contact information is above. Call or write with questions.

David Diamonon
Founder
Moscow Lacrosse Club

speedinglisa
02-08-2011, 15:05
We'll play at least through the end of October, so there's lots of time left in the season.

I rarely check expat.ru, so when you're ready to come out, please just e-mail me at contacts above
David

speedinglisa
02-08-2011, 18:46
drtnsnw, forgot to ask, have you played lacrosse before? If so, what's your experience?