PDA

View Full Version : Island rokkar feitt!

nyfiken
18-06-2007, 09:59
Hi! Anyone from Iceland in Moscow? I'm a Russian guy who's into studying Icelandic, actually I've just started but i really mean to speak it, and it'd be really cool to find an Icelander here wishing to speak his/her native tongue with me. Instead I could help you with your Russian or just be a friend. Please fttl free to write!

SalTheReturn
19-06-2007, 23:33
Hi! Anyone from Iceland in Moscow? I'm a Russian guy who's into studying Icelandic, actually I've just started but i really mean to speak it, and it'd be really cool to find an Icelander here wishing to speak his/her native tongue with me. Instead I could help you with your Russian or just be a friend. Please fttl free to write!

where in Moscow are you studying icelandic? Interesting!
good luck with your search
PS. why are you studying icelandic? business, pleasure, love?

nyfiken
21-06-2007, 13:30
I try to learn it by myself. There's the Internet and it helps a great deal, besides I speak Swedish so it helps too.

There's a Scandianvian Languages School in Moscow with Russian teachers, but I don't think it's what I'm really after, I need a native speaker so I can really speak it.

The reason is I'm curious ... ) Icelandic is so cool, weird and outlandish in a very good way. The oldest spoken language that has been kept mostly intact since about AD 1000.

And it sounds as though you hear someone from about a millenium ago.

They're a small but proud nation with many strange and peculiar ways. Their history is full of strong albeit cruel men and the ocean made them romantic I guess.

The problem is it's so darn hard to find an Icelander in Moscow or anywhere for that matter ) Any way that makes it all the more interesting

Surok
21-06-2007, 13:54
Try contacting the Embassy. They might be able to help find someone.

http://www.iceland.org/ru