PDA

View Full Version : Best Parks in Moscow

Albertina
16-06-2007, 12:18
What are the nicest parks in town? Large, well-kept, safe, have some cafes, etc. and close to the center.

newyorker
16-06-2007, 17:22
on ur location...but one of the best part of moscow is the parks...anyway...if u live close to WTC then santa fe park is a nice choice to chill out with ur coffee n towel in a sunny sunday afternoon..plus if u get hungry after a while there is a sweet cafe to eat out

Benedikt
16-06-2007, 20:00
the back part 'neskutchni sad', lots of trees and quiet places.

lately I also have seen at Alexandrovsky Sad (around the monument to the unknown soldier) that the Kremlin Cops don't chase the people any more when they sit under the trees and on the lawn.

Hermitage Gardens,sorry don't know more about it.

Behind the New Tretyakov Gallery (opposite Gorki Park) you can have a walk and also have a look at 'Iron Felix' . Big park with statues, and ex-cccp monstosities.Entry fee 20 for locals 100 for 'us'...

Hawk
16-06-2007, 23:18
Izamalivski park - nice,
park poebedi - best i think
kuzminki - 2nd best
fili - also great
voronsovski - modern safe,,
sokolniki
vdnh

there are hundreds

Benedikt
17-06-2007, 06:47
was the question from Albertina. yours are a little bit out of the center....
but however it might be the two nicest ones are
Tsaritsino and Kolomenskoye, both on the green Metro line with the same names.
at the bottom entrance to Kolomenskoye there is the 'village' with a whole row of little shops that serve food.
Tsaritsino is a little harder, nothing much there during the week and on top of it, that only after noonm if you want to eat something
but when they are open, they have a good Trapeza and 2 cafes around on the ground.

cdrive
17-06-2007, 09:33
ektarina park beside sovietsky army theater and opposite renaissance hotel / olympisky prospekt

sunmind
17-06-2007, 14:41
bitzevsky park is very nice and not well known. from konkovo side there is a huge paleonthological museum, forest, 2 lakes, old church and a masion. from chertanovskaya side they have horse stadium, a lot of springs, hilly area and even ski lifts working in winter.

Albertina
17-06-2007, 20:25
Thank you all very much! I really need this info, will start checking them out in two weeks, when I'm back from vacations. IF anyone wants to join for a walk then, we can go together. Cause today was so dusty and suffocating in the downtown and no place to hide. I went to Chistye Prudy, but it was even worse there because of construciton. Need some oxygen :-)

helpinghand
17-06-2007, 20:43
Please keep in mind, that

park Sokolniki
Izmailovski park
Neskuchni Sad

...are not very safe early in the morning and after sunset. It doesn't mean they become some mob battlegrounds or anything but you shouldn't wander there all alone in the evening with a nice digital camera on you neck or belt.

Still it's perfectly safe during the day, especially on weekends.

I'd also recommend two more parks:
Kolomenskoe http://moscow.photobase.ru/kolomenskoe.htm
Botanicheski Sad http://moscow.photobase.ru/botanicheski-sad.htm
Tsaritsino http://moscow.photobase.ru/caricino.htm

Those are large parks and old private estates considered as open-air museums thus not filled with cafes, bistros and - most important - there are no crowds of people from suburbs coming to "have fun in the capital" during weekends :)

And there are lotsa oxygen!

kazachka
20-06-2007, 01:22
I have to agree about safety. A friend was rollerblading in Izmailovsky last month and some fu##wit teenagers pushed him over just because. I live at Kuzminki- awesome park and great trails BUT I'd never train in the park late in the evening. Even my landlord said the same thing. 2 yrs ago, a world class runner was walking back to the bus stop after one of our evening workouts about 7:30pm. He had a beer bottle chucked at him and it hit him in the head. Now-with the exception of those of us who run home after workouts, Coach now has everyone walk back in a group to the bus. BTW in some near 30 yrs of my coach training runners in this park, this was the only incident we've had. Touch wood!!! During the day, you should be fine.
Also not close to the center but nice and not on the list yet-
Serebrenny Bor
Nice walk/ run from Filevsky park along the river to Krylatskoe.
Kuskovo

Kleonri
09-07-2007, 13:43
when I open my window - I see kolomeskoe:) Would suggest everyone to visit it.

And the park near Renaissance hotel is very nice too. Sorry don't know the name:gorgeous:

ps: never go to Fili park , the one close to Garbushka. Just a suggestion...