PDA

View Full Version : Charity Donations: Will pick up anywhere in Moscow

russiabear
16-06-2007, 00:42
Sorry if this doesn't belong in Information.. the old site had a thread on this and wanted to post some new information. And I sincerely hope this is not inappropriate to post?

Urgent need in the city of Tyuchkova (Moscow Region). A home for children is in need of the following:

Refridgerator
Sheets/bedding
Clothing from 5-16 years old
Sports Equipment
Beds/Mattresses
Dressers/bookcases

They would be thrilled for any contributions in any condition. This facility is being helped by an American non-profit (non-religious) organization so any American citizen donating can receive a tax-deduction receipt. We will pick up anywhere in the Moscow region.

Thank you!

zhanji
16-06-2007, 15:13
Would you be interested in an old hi-fi (modern-looking, but about 10 yrs old). CD, tape deck, radio,... CD player has occasional temporary non-working moments).

We also have a box of old clothes, not sure how appropriate for kids, but it sounds as if you may know how to best use them.

May have a few other things to throw in. Our stuff just arrived from Brazil, and we are still clearing through what we want, and what we do not, so may not be for immediate pick up, but if you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks

PaperMama
19-06-2007, 23:08
Sorry, cant help with older kids stuff but I have some baby clothes that Id like to give away. Do you know any places that accept these ? And also need to know a place for donating adult S/H clothes too.

lesston
22-08-2007, 14:10
[...]

p.s.:I guess I was a little too motivated...

ezik
22-08-2007, 14:31
Russiabear: no problem that you posted it here for now. :)

I think that charities need a (sticky) new thread or even folder. I will see what I can do.

Lesston: you have posted your contact info twice already, including an email address (which we normally don't allow), and you hijacked a thread. We will make sure that charities will get the deserved attention. But please read the forum rules, ok? :)

kris
22-08-2007, 14:36
I think that charities need a (sticky) new thread or even folder.

agree with you.thanks

ezik
23-08-2007, 19:57
All,
Please note: the charities folder is up.
I think it is best if you re-post your initiatives there.
Contact info allowed.
cheers

Judge
23-08-2007, 20:09
I have about 40 dvds to give away,most are in english,this will give the kids a chance to learn a bit of english.Sorry,i don't have a player to give.
Pm me, to let me know where i can deliver the dvds.

ezik
24-08-2007, 21:01
I have about 40 dvds to give away,most are in english,this will give the kids a chance to learn a bit of english.Sorry,i don't have a player to give.
Pm me, to let me know where i can deliver the dvds.

Judge, you might try this one from the Charities list:
Civic Assistance Center for the Adaptation and Education of Children of Forced Migrants
Phone: 350 0427, 8 916 712 9256
Email: smkat@inbox.ru
Looking for students who are native (or extremely good) English speakers who would be enthusiastic and reliable volunteer teachers. The center provides after-school education to 20 refugee children, individually and in small groups.