PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

LaDolceVita
15-06-2007, 17:36
Just a normal, middle aged American guy (been here for a little more than a month, now) looking to hang with English speakers...and do what other English speakers do in Moscow...we don't seem plentiful...

Many thanks!

newyorker
16-06-2007, 16:50
noticed no pne replied u...how u doin in this extreme city tho ?? lil tough after the us...but encouragin to ;earn russian since ppl barely do it lol

Smarty
16-06-2007, 23:04
If you are interested in Russian culture I would recommend going to Golden Ring trip. Also visit Yasnaya Polyana, residence of Russian famous writer Leo Tolstoy. It is a marvelous place. I visited it last year in May and enjoyed the beauty of this place. No problem if you don't speak Russian. There are travel agencies which provide services in English. The other option is to take a Russian speking friend with you.

Billie Bob
17-06-2007, 01:24
15 yrs in russia...
came out for 6 months...
loving it... :hooray:

Smarty
17-06-2007, 03:10
15 years in Russia! Long tenor! You must have seen our mass of early 90-s then....Do you feel like a Russian native now?

Billie Bob
17-06-2007, 07:33
hmmm, good quest, bu I'd rather call myself a "seasoned" expat in russia :p

TD
17-06-2007, 13:20
going on 20 years myself... came out for a three month visit, and didn't leave the country for over three years - and then it was back to LA to clean out my storage unit. I also lived here from '79 - '81 with my father who was a military attache with the US Embassy. I attended the Anglo American School at the old location on Leninski Prospect.

i figure anyone with over 10 years should be able to use the term "Muscovite"

natalia_apple
17-06-2007, 13:43
when you say English speakers, do you mean only native ones?

Smarty
17-06-2007, 16:58
going on 20 years myself... came out for a three month visit, and didn't leave the country for over three years - and then it was back to LA to clean out my storage unit. I also lived here from '79 - '81 with my father who was a military attache with the US Embassy. I attended the Anglo American School at the old location on Leninski Prospect.

i figure anyone with over 10 years should be able to use the term "Muscovite"

I think it's not only about the duration of staying in Moscow. It's also a matter of how you feel about Moscow and people here. If you like the way it goes here, how the city lives, if you understand natives and share their spirit, can adjust and accept things as they go here and have some "historical links" to this place - then you are more Muscovite :)

Billie Bob
17-06-2007, 23:50
korinoi moskvich :):brush::brush::brush:

Andrei Garden
12-08-2007, 17:46
[QUOTE=LaDolceVita;265066]Just a guy looking to hang with speakers...and do what other speakers do in Moscow...we plentiful...]

Is your life just a streaming pleasure? And we have to make some living here. So, what ya do? :smokin:

Billie Bob
17-09-2007, 22:36
Just a normal, middle aged American guy (been here for a little more than a month, now) looking to hang with English speakers...and do what other English speakers do in Moscow...we don't seem plentiful...

Many thanks!

so, how are you coming along in moscow, so far?
boing to any females :bowdown: