PDA

View Full Version : B1 - anyone been there for concerts?

TD
14-06-2007, 13:57
Have noticed quite a few groups playing at B1, but have never been there myself... anyone care to share a review/experience with this place?

DooLittle
14-06-2007, 19:01
We are talking B1 Maximum at the Leninsky Prospect metro (I assume).

I was there for a concert last month. The best indoor hall I've seen yet (in Moscow). They have floor tickets (pretty decent it seems, big bar, but still crowded). VIP tickets - two balconies with full service and good views. Seems like they sell just enough tickets to fill the seats in VIP - it's like going to a bar/restaurant and watching a concert - highly recommended. Last is the super VIP which is above the VIP and looks straight down on the stage - although they are a bit further back.

VIP and Super VIP have a separate entrance.

Sound is decent, might be better down on the floor, but can't tell you for certain. They do good lights and have one or 2 big screens either side of the stage. Prices reasonable for drinks and food, but I only had beer, so can't comment on quality.

ezik
15-06-2007, 00:24
B1 is good for the bigger gigs. It was a bit pricey for drinks in the beginning, but they have improved.
For a good experience, you really have to forget the VIP section: down on the floor you have a better view and sound and overall experience.
It's owned by the same people as B2 and they do good gigs.

owen_shackman
15-06-2007, 11:25
It is a good venue, yeah. If you're going to a gig, turn up a little bit early and sit at one of the tables near the stage - you need to guarantee spending at least 2000 rubs on drinks for the table if i remember correctly - not too bad - would prob spend that anyway. My only concern was that there was no draught beer. Drinking bottles for 120rubs + all night is not ideal.

Great live music venue tho!

Sidney Bliss
15-06-2007, 12:02
Pretty much agree with all of the above and also give B1 a thumbs up as a decent live music venue. Does anyone happen to have a link to upcoming gigs at the club? I'd be much obliged.

taradom
15-06-2007, 12:43
B1's a pretty decent place in my book. Good acoustics, plenty of standing room, and if I recall correctly, I think there was even air conditioning! I'd recommend it, personally.

Club listings:
http://www.b1club.ru/

Sidney Bliss
15-06-2007, 13:06
Cheers, taradom.

DooLittle
15-06-2007, 14:09
B1's a pretty decent place in my book. Good acoustics, plenty of standing room, and if I recall correctly, I think there was even air conditioning! I'd recommend it, personally.

So true about the air-conditioning - anyone been to Tochka in the summer? I don't care how good the concert is, there is no way you can enjoy it in that kind of heat.

As Robin Williams said in Good Morning Vietnam - hot and humid, good if you're a woman, but... :)

kazachka
20-06-2007, 01:08
going to Evanesence tomorrow:)

jl321
23-06-2007, 12:52
going to Evanesence tomorrow:)

So how was it? Unfortunately I missed it.

kazachka
23-06-2007, 16:29
So how was it? Unfortunately I missed it.
Excellent!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://www.redtape.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4251