PDA

View Full Version : fantasy football

Shaun
26-07-2005, 19:13
i vaguely remember someone on here sorting out fantasy football on here last year, but i missed the boat. is anyone doing it again??

i might do ok this year, as no chance to ruin my team by sticking a load of southampton players into it...

Braders
26-07-2005, 19:55
I set it up last year and am currently looking for a user friendly format for the new season, i hope to get a few people from here interested again.

I'm curious would a low maintenance game be more suited, ie - 1 transfer a month, or would you guys prefer a game with say 4 transfers a month?

I must be able to get 10 people interested, we could even have a prize for the winner of the mini-league?

Moscow Wolf, DJ Biscuit, Lled, Random, Trebor, ngasbarr, jl74, tarkers, Maradona, Russianinfantry, etc, etc are all experts on football :rolleyes: let's see if they want to pit their wits against each other?

Judge
26-07-2005, 23:15
You can count me in...

Big Bugga
26-07-2005, 23:16
What kind of football, like the Brittish or American kind?

I dont know sh#t about soccer so that would count me out, but if its American foot ball send me a PM bulldog and let me know I'll sign up.

Bugga'

Lled
27-07-2005, 08:52
Nice idea. no idea how it'd work though as a "do-it-yourself".

Last season I did the yahoo fantasy league, didn't do too badly, something like 24'522nd position if I remember rightly, so yes, clearly I is an expert, innit.

Len Ganley Stance
27-07-2005, 09:47
Braders,

There's one here which is low maintence

http://premier.fantasy-manager.co.uk/default.aspx

The 'Amateur' option is free to enter and gives you 1 transfer a month but you have the option to buy additional transfers. The 'Professional' option gives you more transfers but it's not free.

exprumos
27-07-2005, 10:02
Braders,

The 'Amateur' option is free to enter and gives you 1 transfer a month but you have the option to buy additional transfers. The 'Professional' option gives you more transfers but it's not free.

I agree with this. We used Telegraph last year (TFFO), but the format has changed for 2005/06, so that your team gets points for all 5 campaigns (League, 2 Cups, UEFA, CL), which takes a lot of work to organise as you need to be in there every single day.
We are now looking at the premier fantasy maanger above, and will make a decision this week. Unfortunately it has some drawbacks, like no timed changes, no squad chages over the weekend etcetera. If anyone finds a better option, I would love to know.

Braders - I would be up for this. Is there a bet between the mini-league members to make it interesting (50$ each per team, or something)

Molotok
27-07-2005, 11:47
I'd be up for it again - I was in the one you organised last season Braders (would have won if I'd noticed Henry was back from injury :) ...came second).

seedub
27-07-2005, 12:50
I know there are alot of footy fans on these boards, so this may interest you guys. There is a football league I play in, its not fantasy, but simulation. Its called Hattrick and the website is www.hattrick.org. Its very complex but its a lot of fun. I have never really been much into football, but I like this game alot. The one catch that I am sure some of you wont like is that you have to sign up for a team in the place you are living, i.e. if you are in Moscow, you have to sign up for a team here, you can sign up for a team in England. Go take a look at the website if you are interested. Its a never ending league with 16 week seasons.

Shaun
27-07-2005, 13:03
definitely a low-maintenance game would suit me better. 1 transfer a month sounds perfect. i cant be bothered with transferring in and out every week, that could be seriously tedious.

and yer, a bet would be good - although we either need someone reliable to keep the money (not me!) or trust people to pay up come the end of the season (hmmmm!)

Braders
27-07-2005, 13:48
Braders,

I agree and this was the game i was considering, i play many FF games on the net, most of them require a payment, i don't think that is an option here though.

If OFL was free i would recommend this game in a heartbeat, it's the best out there.

For you guys who play and pay have a look:

http://classic.fantasyleague.com/

seedub, i too play many variants of the FF game, i didn't recommend any because they are complicated even for seasoned players.

I will organise a Mini-League in Premier Manager.

Will post details here shortly.

Braders
27-07-2005, 14:16
Done.

Register to Play - Fill out the necessary details (i would recommend you fill out the details accurately, as you never know, you might win something, last season in this game i won a 200 pound table football game ;)) Confirmation is sent to your email address. (don't worry about SPAM, if you have unticked the box about offers and news, they send you nothing)

Picking your Squad - You have 100,000,000 pounds, spend it wisely, you can make as many adjustments to your squad as you want until Friday 12th August - 8.00pm (Moscow time) then you have 1 transfer for the month.

Mini-League - Once you have picked your squad, click the 'My Mini-League' option to the left of your team on the team screen. Choose 'join an existing Mini-League' and enter.

League Name - EXPAT.RU
Password - madrussian

Useful Info.

Last season, once you'd picked your Manager, you couldn't transfer him out, now you can, he's just like a player.

I am all for a small prize although $50 per person isn't a problem for me, it might be too much for others.

I trust we are all adult enough not to welch on a small wager, so i propose $20 each, with 80% going to the winner and 20% going to 2nd place?

I await your feedback.

Braders
27-07-2005, 14:22
Currently in i assume.

Shaun
Judge
Lled?
Len Ganley Stance
exprumos
Molotok
seedub?

I want more, for those interested, you will be required to spend 15-30 minutes a month on this, to perhaps make a educated transfer, other than that pick your team and pray! ;)

Moscow Wolf
27-07-2005, 14:35
Wolfies Wanderers were so laid back last season that I don't think we even went out on to the pitch for an actual game! However, with such players and management style we finished with less points than when we started. 10-15 mins a month on your fast connection is about 2 days worth on my dial-up.

Sign me up, you never know we might even come out of the changing rooms this season. What about some REAL footie. There must be some over 50's one legged teams you could get into. :rolleyes:

Shaun
27-07-2005, 14:39
marvellous, im definitely in, and will register sometime soon - i better get up to speed with who actually plays for teams other than southampton these days...

Moscow Wolf
27-07-2005, 14:50
There's only ONE team you need to know about in the Coca Cola Championship League. Don't worry about all those over paid poofters in the Premier.

Here's my PREMIER team

Goalkeeper - Nice Hair Style

Wing Backs - The Makeover Brothers

Midfield - Alfa Romeo, VW Porche, Spik Ferrari, Aston Martin

Forwards - Fall OverOften, Van Donkey, D Iver, Gel Ead

Manager W. Rigley

Braders
27-07-2005, 14:53
Sign me up

You need to sign yourself up! What am i the dole office? ;)

exprumos
27-07-2005, 15:39
exprumos is signed up and rarin' to go. (Dublin Reds)

Moscow Wolf
27-07-2005, 15:50
You need to sign yourself up! What am i the dole office? ;)

I need help MATE! Only choose me a better team of players than you did last season as Wolfies Wanderers never got a point! I take it to heart when folks start taunting me with 'You're Worse than the Albi@n, You're Even Worse than the Albi@n'.

DJ Biscuit
27-07-2005, 16:05
Wolfies Wanderers never got a point!

A case of art reflecting life?

Braders
27-07-2005, 16:16
I need help MATE! Only choose me a better team of players than you did last season as Wolfies Wanderers never got a point! I take it to heart when folks start taunting me with 'You're Worse than the Albi@n, You're Even Worse than the Albi@n'.

You chose your own team last season and then logged on once during the whole season to stick Howard in goal against Arsenal as you knew we'd keep a clean sheet. ;)

I'll send you the details and a few pointers on how not to finish 1st.

Braders
27-07-2005, 16:17

Get signed up Mr Biscuit, $20 X 20 = $400 = $320 1st prize!

Moscow Wolf
27-07-2005, 16:56

Now now, don't knock our Religion, in HOD WE TRUST. :rolleyes:

Shaun
27-07-2005, 17:16
Now now, don't knock our Religion, in HOD WE TRUST. :rolleyes:

until someone else offers him a better job...

Moscow Wolf
27-07-2005, 17:23
until someone else offers him a better job...

That is understandable, there isn't much sentiment in football thesedays. He is hotly tipped to become the first Englishman to coach the National side twice.

We're used to giving Managers a second bite at the apple, Graham 'Do I not like that' Taylor, David 'I'm not guilty' Jones and now Glen 'I don't talk to God direct' Hoddle. :rolleyes:

seedub
28-07-2005, 14:49
I am in guys, although I am not very up on the times with players, but I will do what I can to try and be somewhat competitive. This should be fun. I can throw in $20, but I dont know if I will be here long enough to hand it over, might be leaving Moscow in the next couple of months for a very long time :D

Shaun
28-07-2005, 15:12
That is understandable, there isn't much sentiment in football thesedays. He is hotly tipped to become the first Englishman to coach the National side twice.

We're used to giving Managers a second bite at the apple, Graham 'Do I not like that' Taylor, David 'I'm not guilty' Jones and now Glen 'I don't talk to God direct' Hoddle. :rolleyes:

still havent forgiven him for not giving le tissier his final, deserved, chance in the england side.

living in the past? me? siggggh

Lled
28-07-2005, 15:47
Braders

My brother just sent me this link (if it's already known to you sorry) thought you may want to take a look see if it'll work for us??

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

trebor
28-07-2005, 19:14
Done.

Register to Play - Fill out the necessary details (i would recommend you fill out the details accurately, as you never know, you might win something, last season in this game i won a 200 pound table football game ;)) Confirmation is sent to your email address. (don't worry about SPAM, if you have unticked the box about offers and news, they send you nothing)

Picking your Squad - You have 100,000,000 pounds, spend it wisely, you can make as many adjustments to your squad as you want until Friday 12th August - 8.00pm (Moscow time) then you have 1 transfer for the month.

Mini-League - Once you have picked your squad, click the 'My Mini-League' option to the left of your team on the team screen. Choose 'join an existing Mini-League' and enter.

League Name - EXPAT.RU
Password - madrussian

Useful Info.

Last season, once you'd picked your Manager, you couldn't transfer him out, now you can, he's just like a player.

I am all for a small prize although $50 per person isn't a problem for me, it might be too much for others.

I trust we are all adult enough not to welch on a small wager, so i propose $20 each, with 80% going to the winner and 20% going to 2nd place?

I await your feedback.

I'm in but i'm in Vladivostok.
But i probably wouldn't win anyway :evilgrin:

Braders
28-07-2005, 19:19
Braders

My brother just sent me this link (if it's already known to you sorry) thought you may want to take a look see if it'll work for us??

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Cheers Lled, that's the game we played last year here at expat.ru, i didn't choose it this year as it was too high maintenance for some people, swapping the team around weekly, etc, etc. I myself shall be playing this game anyway.

Judge
28-07-2005, 23:05
Off to sort out my team...20$ sounds good to me.

Judge
28-07-2005, 23:34
All done,my team is called Floydspool.... :respect:

Maradona
29-07-2005, 14:05
im in too. maybe you boys will learn somethng about football management, choose the best players, choose the mighty arsenal players,

simple but beautiful

Judge
29-07-2005, 15:13
im in too. maybe you boys will learn somethng about football management, choose the best players, choose the mighty arsenal players,

simple but beautiful

The mighty who????? Maybe thats why i didnt pick any gunners :verycool:

Maradona
29-07-2005, 15:27
so who are u putting in your 2 bob team? i guess mainly scum players from the lane?