PDA

View Full Version : ratings, etc...

Benedikt
26-07-2005, 17:15
do you have a place to look at or can you explain, what do all the signs under 'rating' mean..
and what is the yellow thumbs up and other assorted signs meaning.
and what are the '..... points', sorry can't remember the first word.
how are they awarded and for what.

CatGirl
26-07-2005, 17:21
do you have a place to look at or can you explain, what do all the signs under 'rating' mean..

They rate the thread - like a poll about how good/bad it is.

and what is the yellow thumbs up and other assorted signs meaning.

WHich ones? Those which are added to a threat title? they are just the sign which show the "character" of the tread.:D

and what are the '..... points', sorry can't remember the first word.
how are they awarded and for what.

Reputation points... Ohhh.. sicj theme.. See your red square in the very right corner of your posts? open User CP and roll down to see what points other gave you and what comments they left.

Benedikt
26-07-2005, 20:06
thanks cat girl for the explaination, since i have mainly red squares i keep it tht way. i don't need to win a popularity contest and if people don't like my replies or posts, well i write and talk what i feel and that has me served well the alst 54 years... and at this age it is impossible to change ones character, you know the story about teaching an old dog new tricks....
funny enough i was checking through some of these points, it seems rude language and that sort does not affect the rating. seems to me that theu se of odcenity and profanity is something acceptable, very sad indeed if a person can not communicate without the use of a four letter word.

flup
26-07-2005, 21:18
strange Benedikt, that you would get so much bad rep. I've found most of your posts interesting, and certainly not offensive. Of course I haven't been around here that long. Anyway, it's a good attitude not to pay any attention to it.

Benedikt
27-07-2005, 10:13
..indeed flup, i don't pay any attention to that.
as i do not read critics review to see a a movie / show / book / drink wine / restaurant reviews and so forth . i am grown up, have a mind of my own. and if i don't like something, well i have only myself to blame.

Halyavshik
27-07-2005, 14:13
Benedikt, it can be viewed as childish or a popularity contest, but also as a guage of others' reactions to your remarks. No one's asking your old dog to adapt to others' whims and learn new tricks, and I think you're welcome to dismiss the comments as largely irrelevant (which I'd do, too, if I were 'in the red' so to speak), but you may also pause to reflect that some were legitimately put off by your comments.

I ain't changing for anyone either, but I do try to pay at least minimal heed to what others think of me. Sometimes, it's true.

Just my ever humble two tiny little kopeks of thought.
Hal

Benedikt
27-07-2005, 17:39
..your comment is appreciated and i will think a few things over, maybe yo uare right, sometimes it might be better to keep to yourself what yo uare realy thinking, and bring it to paper or computer screen in an acceptable version?