PDA

View Full Version : automatic cancellation of registration

raffi
23-07-2005, 12:31
Hi all!

I had heard that with the new regulations on foreigners that came out last year (I am hazy if this is the new law on foreigners), every time a foreigner leaves the country (if even for a few days), that one's registration is annulled. And that one needs to re-register even if the original registration was for several months.

Is that the case?

Doesn't passport control take one's migration card when one leaves the country, if even for a short period (say, a few days)?

Thanks much,
Raffi

Andy B
23-07-2005, 12:40
As I understand it, your current registration does not end but when you come to re-register, it is taken from the last date of entry into Russia, not from when your registration ends.

Can somebody confirm this is the case?

raffi
23-07-2005, 12:47
Andy,
Doesn't the passport contol take your migration card upon leaving the country?

DPG
23-07-2005, 12:48
They do, which is why you should ask the people who sort out your registration to get the stamp in the passport itself (in fact I have the stamp in the passport and on the migration card)...

Andy B
23-07-2005, 12:48
Yes they do. It's only temp registrations that get stamped on that anyway. My registration (6months) stamped in my passport.

CaveMan
23-07-2005, 14:32
If you have stamp in the passport, it does not get invalided when you leave and come back. It's valid for the period stated on the stamp...

mitam77
23-07-2005, 14:48
Caveman is correct.....

raffi
23-07-2005, 15:53
Thank you Caveman, I checked ! i have the stamp in my passport. I'm relieved

Kingwillhe
23-07-2005, 17:00
As I understand it, your current registration does not end but when you come to re-register, it is taken from the last date of entry into Russia, not from when your registration ends.

Can somebody confirm this is the case?
Yup!
http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=22905&highlight=registration

raffi
23-07-2005, 18:27
King,
I didn't quite get the new visa regs straight on first read. But that's ok, I think I need to access my right brain, befriend my counterintuitive side, enter a semi-altered state and then the visa regs will understand ME.

BTW, you have a most delightful avatar. Congratulations.

Kingwillhe
23-07-2005, 18:52
King,
I didn't quite get the new visa regs straight on first read. But that's ok, I think I need to access my right brain, befriend my counterintuitive side, enter a semi-altered state and then the visa regs will understand ME.

BTW, you have a most delightful avatar. Congratulations.
or... :rules: :cussing: :bong: :verycool:

My avatar is me, I am slowly going insane!

Titane
24-07-2005, 02:33
Hello,

Passport control takes back the Immigration Card. You need to ask OVIR (If Private VISA) to print registration on your immagration card AND on a page of your passport.

Have a good evening.

Don't hesitate to contact me if needed, I just moved to Moscow and I am interested to meet foreigners. badcola@mail.ru