PDA

View Full Version : Selamat Berkenalan (Nice to meet y'all)

itoms87
22-10-2010, 11:22
Who? Ito.
Gender? Female
From? Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Currently? Moscow, Russia
How old? 23yo (and counting)
Language? Fluent English, so-so Malay, freaking bad Russian

What am I doing here? Student of IM Sechenov First Moscow Medical University *what was I thinking?*
How? Browsing through the net looking for accomodation *currently homeless* and walla~!

Oh yea... am I glad to be here.
Cheers. Peace out.

Ian G
22-10-2010, 12:16
Hello Ito-
Welcome to Moscow and to the forum. I hope all goes well with your medical studies- but finding somewhere to live is the first priority! Why don't you have a look at "The Basics" section:
http://expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Good luck!

tasel
22-10-2010, 13:45
Hi Ito, welcome to the forum. Don't they provide you hostel from your University ?

itoms87
22-10-2010, 15:32
Last year and years before that, hostel (which is nearby the classes) are given to seniors (2nd, 3rd 4th year). But since the directorial board changed (during summer)... the dean is giving priority to the newcomers. Before I went home for summer I thought I was going to get a room. Arrived Moscow just to find out that my application has been rejected *shrug*

FatAndy
22-10-2010, 16:16
Try to talk to babushkas at nearby buildings, it CAN be more effective than browsing the Net.
Which reason they shown while rejecting your claim?

tvadim133
22-10-2010, 21:34
btw, if you are looking for a room and room mate, there is a special section in the forum as well.

And there can appear new and new offers!

tasel
25-10-2010, 15:51
Last year and years before that, hostel (which is nearby the classes) are given to seniors (2nd, 3rd 4th year). But since the directorial board changed (during summer)... the dean is giving priority to the newcomers. Before I went home for summer I thought I was going to get a room. Arrived Moscow just to find out that my application has been rejected *shrug*

Try and talk to your KOMENDANT "Комендант" (hostel warden) if not ask your close seniors, which will sure work out if not why don't you ask for one in Pushkin institute ?