PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Winter Tires (tyres)?

Aussie1973
21-10-2010, 22:18
I have still not got myself and tires and I need to get organised. Has anyone got any tips?

Achan and Cash and Carry are out as they only carry smaller passenger car tires and I can't really use the online places as my Russian is not good enough (read very bad!).

If anyone has any suggestions where I might be able to get some assistance in English they would be appreciated.

Cheers!

tvadim133
21-10-2010, 22:24
Well, If I were you, I would go to small "sales and service" POS, which are quite many in "sleeping" areas in Moscow.

In Domodedovskaya I found 3 at least, which sell and install winter tires (tyres :) ).

First of all, you will safe money (they are not expensive), and besides you will solve the problem at the same place and at the same time.

Sure they do not speak english, but you can write down your needs using google translation, show them and they will do their best.

ReallyGreatConcerts
22-10-2010, 12:20
Any "shinomontage" will do it for you.

Salix
22-10-2010, 12:56
I bought my winter tyres from this place last week http://www.best-tyres.ru/
The prices are good and they offer next day delivery for 300 rubles. I then found a place locally to fit them at a cost of 1,200 rubles. I wouldn't advise going to normal tyre shops. The tyres I bought were 1000 rubles more expensive at my local tyre shop, that's 4000 rubles more expensive for 4 tyres. They then wanted 3,400 rubles for fitting them.

I bought some nice Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 tyres.

Good luck

dechante
24-10-2010, 20:35
I'm sorry I strongly doubt you'll get any assistance in English. To give some hints it would be great to know first what direction you are interested in. As for the assistance why don't you post the text you need here, I (or anybody) will translate, you'll print it out and go to shinomontage.

ReallyGreatConcerts
24-10-2010, 22:19
I can't see what the problem with English is anyhow? You go to a tyre place to buy and change tyres, that's just what they're expecting you to do.

It's not like you want to explain that you want a healthscan or some French cheeses ;)

Aussie1973
28-10-2010, 14:13
I can't see what the problem with English is anyhow? You go to a tyre place to buy and change tyres, that's just what they're expecting you to do.

It's not like you want to explain that you want a healthscan or some French cheeses ;)

Great! In that case could you please translate the following?

Please be very careful when you lift my Landrover to change tires. She, like all Landrovers, is very temperamental, and due to the EAS (Electronic Air Suspension) should not be allowed to have the suspension hanging freely for any long periods of time due to the risk that this might damage the air bags. The best thing for you to do would be to jack it up one wheel at a time and change them that way.

:p

kutuzdom
28-10-2010, 15:32
Buy tires ONLINE (there are hundreds of online shops, yandex will list them, chose the one with the cheapest price for your requirements) you will pay 15 to 20% less than in any shop, ask for delivery at home (it is generally included in the price) then bring them to a "shinomontazh" place, and don't pay more than 2000 rub for 4 tires (full, with balance control etc).

Dino
28-10-2010, 18:15
I bought my winter tyres from this place last week http://www.best-tyres.ru/
The prices are good and they offer next day delivery for 300 rubles. I then found a place locally to fit them at a cost of 1,200 rubles. I wouldn't advise going to normal tyre shops. The tyres I bought were 1000 rubles more expensive at my local tyre shop, that's 4000 rubles more expensive for 4 tyres. They then wanted 3,400 rubles for fitting them.

I bought some nice Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 tyres.

Good luck

Can you tell me where this place is situated?
Thanks
Dino