PDA

View Full Version : Additional Health Test for Work Permit!!!!

Pb3O4
21-07-2005, 10:03
Hi, :cussing:

I was about to renew my work permit and hence provided a new HIV test to my HR department. They came back to me and said that since July 2005 there is a new law requesting additional tests.

Does anybody know anything about this.
The American Medical Center apparently cannot at the moment provide all of them. Does anybody know where to undertake them.

Here is the new list, apparently this is no joke.

1)лепра
2)туьеркулез
3)сифилис
4)кламидийная лимфогранулема
5)гланкроид

The American Medical Center can do only number 3 and 4.

Does anyone has come against the same issue yet?

Ciao
Federico

P.S. I'm going to pass this information to my Italian Embassy, if Visa are based on reciprocity rule it's time for payback time for Russian also.

Surok
21-07-2005, 10:05
Hadn't heard about this - guess my application went in before the new rules came into force.

I don't know where you can get these tests done - will ask around.

Good luck!

exprumos
21-07-2005, 12:18
We got a call today from the registration office confirming the requirements for these tests. We have 3 applicaitons that were nearly completed, and now they have told us to submit all these extra documents. It is official, and the relevant papers have been stamped.
We have sent a request 10 minutes ago to EMC to ascertain whether they can comply. Will inform later.

exprumos
21-07-2005, 12:45
EMC say No.

ghost 6-3
21-07-2005, 12:55
I got the same info yesterday from a friend who works at Ernst and Young International. It seems to be legit.

On the plus side, it should keep the lepers out.

And foreigners, bringing in tuberculosis, seem to be competing with the prison system in tubercular infectiousness...

Kaps
21-07-2005, 12:59
I hope they are not going to implement this for multiple entry business visa? :cussing:

kja
21-07-2005, 13:01
From what I can gather, test 47 for "Immunoglobulin class G (IgG) covers TB and Leprosy and will set you back 150 rubles. More than likely, this is the subcutaneous (under the skin) test we're familiar with. I've been tested for TB in this manner, but never for Leprosy. I always thought that you could tell if someone was a leper when you asked them to give you a hand and they pulled it off and gave it to you.

FYI, if your Mantoux PPD (test for TB) comes back positive, it doesn't necessarily mean you have TB. It just means you've been exposed to it or vaccinated against it (BCGs are common in Europe, but almost unheard of in the U.S.). If this is the case, you'll be sent to get a chest X-Ray which is far more conclusive, but zaps you with non-beneficial radiation which is why it's not done right off the bat. Just be sure to ask for a lead apron so you don't get rads on your gonads.

Test 69 is an RPR (Rapid Plasma Regin) test for Syphilis will set you back 120 rubles.

Tests 105 & 106 cover Anti-Chlamydia-IgA and Anti-Chlamydia IgG respectively and run 300 rubles each.

As for "Gancroid" , I couldn't find a damn thing on this in either Russian or English. However, I'm guessing they mean Chancroid or "Myakiy Shankr". This is an STD that causes genital sores and swells up the lymph glands in the groin area. I've heard of them referred to as "shanks" and in conjunction with Syphilis. They have a test 70 which is a TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination assay), but to be honest, I'm not sure if a seperate test is necessary outside of a cursory glance. After reading about it ( http://www.ashastd.org/stdfaqs/chancroid.html ), I'm pretty sure you'd know it if you had it.

Hope this helps.

exprumos
21-07-2005, 13:09
I hope they are not going to implement this for multiple entry business visa? :cussing:

They informed us today that multiple entry visa in the future will only be available to those with the plastic work permit. You can only get the plastic work permit after doing these tests.

Surok
21-07-2005, 13:11
will this also apply to multi-entry 'commercial' visa? i.e. not the work visa, but the ones which are so loved by expats, and firms which can't be bothered to arrange work visas?

bphreal
21-07-2005, 13:50
Last year I was going to apply for temporary residency and one of the requirements was these tests. Surprise!! Surprise!! The only clinic that could or whose results that OVIR/PVY would accept was from their own.

Is there a chance this could be the case now? I'll say no more.......

Pb3O4
21-07-2005, 15:09
I called INVITRO and the person who answered said they can provide only сифилис test.

kja
21-07-2005, 15:30
...considering I pulled all of that info off of their site and I know for a fact they do tons of other analysis work.

Benedikt
21-07-2005, 15:40
..TB will show up on any normal x-ray,if you have it. and a simple 'spit' test, where sputum is collected over three days and analysed will show if there are any tubercle bacilli....
if you are here in town there are in each district clinics that also to the other tests.
maybe find out first from your local polyclinic where that is done before getting into hysterics and waste a lot of nerves.

peyote
21-07-2005, 15:57
kja, great info there... ;-)

i've been officially informed just now, so this is no joke, and you are right it's chancroid they're talking about... i believe someone just realised all these STDs accompany HIV and they want to make sure we don't import HIV into the country (ha!). i really don't see any other reason for bringing some 18th-century-underdeveloped-country (aka cuba) disease into the equation... but who the hell really think russian medical science makes any sense at all – unless you've been living in a feudalist bubble for 70 years ostracised by communism... f***! don't get me started with russian pseudo-medicine...

the cuban embassy has announced today that russian visitors will not require visas but they will need to show alcohol levels in the marrow bone.

"the monkey sat on a pile of stones
and stared at the broken bone in his hand
and the stains of a viennese quartet
rang out across the land
the monkey looked up at the stars
and thought to himself
memory is a stranger
history is for fools
and he cleaned his hands
in a pool of holy writing..."

:bong: :bong: :bong:

exprumos
21-07-2005, 16:02
From my HR Director:

Quote: Eventually I clarified what you have to do. You need to pass blood test for syphilis certificate, make X-rays for TBC certificate and visit dermatologist to have leprosy, chancroid and chlamidian certificate. All this certificates you can have in European Medical Center, dermatologist Galina Safarova. Please call 933-6655 and make your appointments.

BTW - I have mailed my embassy to ask if they can lodge a complaint (in their name, not mine)

DPG
21-07-2005, 16:06
My god! They will not be admitting people into the country who drink alcohol next, for fears that the Russians may start doing it...

veejay
21-07-2005, 16:09
does anyone know if this applies for those commerical visas that most of us have...? that is, those of us who are not card-carrying work permiters and the like?

what a pain...:(

Pb3O4
21-07-2005, 17:45
Hi,

I just came back from the American Medical Center, where after discussing with doctors instead of Help Desk they decided that they could provide such tests.

The price for the 5 test was around 9000RUB and if you add the HIV over 1000RUB it make a nice price.

Have fun guys.

Ciao Federico

kja
21-07-2005, 20:20
the cuban embassy has announced today that russian visitors will not require visas but they will need to show alcohol levels in the marrow bone.

Talk about stickin' it to 'em there. Anything that's bone marrow-invasive *hurts*.

The U.S. Embassy is debating to drop all visa requirements for Russian visitors in exchange for their serving a 2 year infantry tour in either Afganistan or Iraq. If they elect to serving 3 years they qualify for a green card! What a deal! And Turkey is mulling over a permanent residence for special services program for attractive girls, but more on that later.

(/tongue in cheek humor mode)

If this doesn't scream, "ne nashe--von otsuda!" Other than more money for a fleet of ugly as sin Merc Jeeps, I don't understand this either.

kja
21-07-2005, 20:25
The price for the 5 test was around 9000RUB and if you add the HIV over 1000RUB it make a nice price.

I just had a thought. Maybe Russia was getting a portion of the Ukraine's visa porfits and now they're trying to make up for it somehow?

I have the same opinion of AMC as my wife does Meditsna. It's krutoi in appearance, but the service is no better than/as bad as any Russian policlinic.

FYI for all you spooks out there: if you work for the Embassy, you get a 20% discount.

Surok
21-07-2005, 20:37
If this doesn't scream, "ne nashe--von otsuda!" Other than more money for a fleet of ugly as sin Merc Jeeps, I don't understand this either.

couldn't have said it better.

seriously - does anyone know - will these regulations apply to standard multi-entry visas (ie non work visas)?

Marisha
21-07-2005, 20:53
I called INVITRO and the person who answered said they can provide only сифилис test.
They make HIV also

Surok
21-07-2005, 20:56
Marisha, sweetheart, this was talking about which tests INVITRO (every foreigner's favourite clinic for the AIDS needle) can do out of the specific lists of tests which were included in the first post of this thread. :)

Benedikt
22-07-2005, 10:04
..looks like the times are gone when we wrote our own tests, took a swiss coin, put it under the paper and with a soft pencil traced the outlines onto the paper. than we made a xerox copy and explained that the health certificate was fro ma swiss clinic. but that WE keep the original and offer a copy....

Snowbizz
22-07-2005, 11:05
Foreigners can get the new tests only from state clinics, with the Federal Migration Service recommending that foreigners visit the venereal disease or tuberculosis clinic in the area where they are registered, Krynnik said. That rules out taking tests abroad or at private clinics such as the European Medical Center or the American Medical Center.

this is no way i am going to venereal disease clinic in moscow for a 'visit'..

Benedikt
22-07-2005, 11:22
..and to the AMC or INVITRO or the SLIF ( with apologies to these three places, no bad intend or assumpion is being ment) only HEALTHY people are coming? forget what you heard that was 10 years ago. remember in all these clinics HEALTHY doctors, nurses, etc. are working and they will make sure for their sake that it stays that way...

Pb3O4
22-07-2005, 12:02
Check the article
I already took the test at American Medical Center, no way I'm going to take it another time. In a Russian facility.

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2005/07/22/001.html

blonde
22-07-2005, 12:05
couldn't have said it better.

seriously - does anyone know - will these regulations apply to standard multi-entry visas (ie non work visas)?

It's only for the Work permission at the moment.
Have several at the process now and waiting for the full list of the required tests and possible clinics...

Benedikt
22-07-2005, 13:11
... like little kids, and stamp your feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
if THEY say you will do it or no permit, what are you going to do THAN? go home...

sparky
22-07-2005, 13:16
[QUOTE=Benediktif THEY say you will do it or no permit, what are you going to do THAN? go home...[/QUOTE]
Damn right

jheisel
22-07-2005, 13:16
... like little kids, and stamp your feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
if THEY say you will do it or no permit, what are you going to do THAN? go home...

I imagine most people will just work illegally.

Benedikt
22-07-2005, 13:20
...good bye...

Titane
24-07-2005, 02:36
Don't get angry...

Just do those testings you cannot do anything about that...

And our embassies don't care about that.

Just if you want, as I just took those tests, I can give you the addresses. mail me : badcola@mail.ru

Have a good day.

ausman
26-07-2005, 07:24
Wow, glad I resigned and am out of here at the end of the month, wouldn't want the boss to find out about my leprosy, would be more comfortable with them knowing about my "Hep C" !

Seems like another example of "common sense" which is ever so prevalent around here, not :suspect:

So, that would be 29 days, three hours & 46 secs...... but who's counting :respect:

Benedikt
26-07-2005, 10:44
..i don't understand what's all the fuss about it.i know it is a pain in the neck, i have to do it every 6 month ( except for lepra...)
i know it is far fetched but would you like it if i introduce my self:
hi my name is xxx, sorry to tell you but i have aids, the clap, but don't worry your food will be ok, the chef only has syphillis, but he is still sane....
by the way WHAT are you doing, is it safe to shake your hand, or do i not catch TB when you cough in the metro or bus next to me!?
the less fuss one makes the easier it is. indeed the embassies do nothing and the ambasssador or some kind of jo jo from the chamber of commerce talking to the minister will bring what results? zilch.....
please note with this post i do NOT accuse / singular out any specific person / group or nation. it is just a general thought.
when in russia, do as the russians do, if it is so bad, well the grass is always greener at home isn't it!?

blonde
26-07-2005, 16:14
You're in Russia, so there are always ways to pass around the rules... pay some additional money and you're init... and 700 rub. isn't that much huh...

Benedikt
26-07-2005, 19:53
.. it is against my principles to pay a bribe.