PDA

View Full Version : Business VISA advice required

eightpercentjazz
20-07-2005, 15:13
Hope somebody can help me out with this query, I'm sure you get things like this all the time!

The problem is this:

My fiancee will soon be heading for Russia to work for Russia Today (any thoughts on if that is a good work opportunity or not are very welcome too), and I plan to join her sometime in the late summer. I'd like to work once I get to Russia, preferably in a graphic design/communications agency (any names etc welcome too!).

Do I need to have an employee name/address before I head to Russia, or can I arrive unemployed and seeking work? (I envisage resigning my post before leaving the UK) If so, what paperwork etc will I need for my 1 year business visa? Its proved very confusing so far with countless different answers to this problem. One answer was that I should have a letter from my current employer stating my position and status etc, is this the correct case?

Any thoughts are very welcome
Cheers
Mark

:bookworm:

jheisel
20-07-2005, 15:17
Check www.visahouse.com -- you can order a multi-entry business visa invite from them. You shouldn't need any letters from any employers. Then you can search for work over here.

Surok
20-07-2005, 15:19
Talk to Angus Robb at Direct Passport and Visa Company, 12 Chepstow Road, London W2 5BD

020 7229 1412
sales@russian-visa.co.uk

He will give you all the information you need. Highly reliable service - have used them several times.