PDA

View Full Version : American football

Goose0009
19-07-2005, 09:42
I just wanted to know who are the preseason top teams in the NFC and AFC. I think the Steelers have as much talent as any. However, they went 15-1 and still lost the AFC championship game which included Big Ben throwing 3 interceptions and a defense that gave up 45 points. Patriots have talent. I just don't see them repeating because they have no Teddy Bruschi and two new cordinators. The Eagles could be around, but I don't think they will ever win a superbowl with McNab as their QB. If he was half the Quarterback of Tom Brady that Superbowl wouldn't not have even been close. My darkhorse in the NFC would have to be Dallas. They were so bad last year but Vinny just can't cut it. There defense is very young but strong and efective. There offense is young and should improve with the draft and second year players like Julius Jones and a Veteran QB like Drew Bloodsoe.

Fa-Q!
19-07-2005, 11:32
Man, I'd love to discuss with you. Football's my religion, but I ain't been to church since I've been here in Moscow. I've missed five seasons save for the bowl games, all of which I watched when home over the holidays this year. USC and Auburn looked awesome. I was a die-hard Denver fan from about '82 until Elway retired. At least we won back to back Super Bowls. :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: Thanks for the memories, #7!
Sorry for getting off topic.

legspreader
19-07-2005, 11:42
This could be a historic year with usc winning 3 consecutive national titles. it would be the first time in the history of the game.

Fa-Q!
19-07-2005, 11:57
...and they've got one of the best quarterbacks ever and he's passing up the draft to return for his senior year, from what I understand.

legspreader
19-07-2005, 12:02
yep and the sad thing from what i understand is that his back up might be even better. if my boys stay focused they're going to be tough to beat this year. the one big question is how they're going to deal with the loss of norm chow.

Fa-Q!
19-07-2005, 12:23
I think Auburn might have their number,bro. They've got everyone returning I think.

legspreader
19-07-2005, 12:59
i disagree. west coast football gets no respect from the rest of the country. but sc has been the dominate program over the last two years. sure they lost players but they're also returning a ton and they're deep at most posistions.

Fa-Q!
19-07-2005, 13:11
I think SC looked like a super team. I'll certainly give them their due credit. After all, they are National Champs. I think there should be a playoff, though. It'd be great if the teams had a chance to shut up others that claim they got screwed by taking it out on the gridiron. Not bad for the fans to squeeze in another weekend of booze and snot-bubbling, pad smacking National Champion deciding fun!

legspreader
19-07-2005, 13:19

legspreader
19-07-2005, 13:20
theres been talk of doing this for years. remember talking to the stanford coaches back in 94. they were talking about a system of creating 4 super conferences of 25 teams and creating a playoff system. but there are too many special interests for it to get off the ground. also its pretty tough on the players after just about any season you have around 20-25+ guys that need one form of surgery or another.

gothamcity
28-07-2005, 13:49
Da BEARS! Grossman will finally stay healthy and the Defense will win games for them. Watch for a 13-3 season out of nowhere from the Monsters of Midway!!!

doogiecb
28-07-2005, 16:34
This could be a historic year with usc winning 3 consecutive national titles. it would be the first time in the history of the game.

After they humbled, kicked - **** and embarrassed my Oklahoma Sooners ...... heck yeah they have to be the favorite preseason pick.

Ouch, I'm starting to have nightmares again about that game :(

doogiecb
28-07-2005, 16:35
i disagree. west coast football gets no respect from the rest of the country. but sc has been the dominate program over the last two years. sure they lost players but they're also returning a ton and they're deep at most posistions.

Besides USC who on the west coast is any good? Last year California was a top team in the country and Texas Tech 4th or 5th in the Big 12 beat them in the bowl game.

Fa-Q!
28-07-2005, 17:15
Washington's had some good teams and produced alot of good Atheltes.

doogiecb
28-07-2005, 17:37
Washington's had some good teams and produced alot of good Atheltes.

not in the last few years though? I'll have to do some research on the bowl games for last year to see what conferences shined and which ones were duds.

Fa-Q!
28-07-2005, 17:40
Well, as I mentioned before, I've been out of the loop since 2001. I did, hwvr, get to see all the bowl games this year and I loved it. The two things I miss about home the most are football and golf.

doogiecb
28-07-2005, 18:54
Well, as I mentioned before, I've been out of the loop since 2001. I did, hwvr, get to see all the bowl games this year and I loved it. The two things I miss about home the most are football and golf.

Just getting here to Moscow so I am not looking forward to next fall and missing those weekend wasted afternoons in front of the TV. With respect to golf, I do miss that one good shotI would actually make per round ... but the people who's houses were by the course like their roofs not getting dinged by my drives ... lol.

yankee@moscow
29-07-2005, 12:34
When I was in the states earlier this month, I soaked up as much NFL and NCAA preseason yackity-yack that I could listen to. It seems like S. Cal is again the odds on favorite in the NCAA, with Texas coming in a distant 2nd. I hate to hear that, but that's the concensus.

Personally, I'm more concerned with who will win the Big East since I'm a WVU alum. They are picking Louisville, a first year member with Pitt 2nd and WVU 3rd. However, Louisville isn't used to the beating you can take in Morgantown, Pittsburgh and in the barn in Syracuse. I think they'll end up with two many injuries and falter in the end. The backyard brawl in Morgantown will probably decide the Big East again, thus sending another lamb to the BCS slaughter only to embarrass the league again!

The NFL pungents are picking New England and Indianapolis in the AFC and Philadelphia and fill-in-the-blank in the NFC. But I bleed gold and black. Here we go Steelers. Here we go!

legspreader
29-07-2005, 13:30
pac 10 generally has some good teams every year. but they get a bad rap as a lot of the games come on late on the east coast so people dont see them. lou hoults once described usc players as a bunch of west coast p@$$ys with sand in their shoes.