PDA

View Full Version : 'Nigerian letters' now with animals

Benedikt
14-10-2010, 22:17
a young lady and another one not so young anymore, got a letter in their e mail 'free cat..something or the other pedigree' just for 100 $ cost of freight.
but no cat arrived, but mails for cost of vet, documentation and the like. in the end she had paid some 22 000 euro. and of course no cat.
the other aldy had the same thing, she wanted to have a monkey, 9000 euro or maybe it was Pounds, no monkey and no money.

why are people so naiv?

Ulyana.de.fine
14-10-2010, 23:33
EUR22K for a putty pat!
Do you know that aldy?
:10301:

MickeyTong
15-10-2010, 00:01
EUR22K for a putty pat!
Do you know that aldy?
:10301:

Have you been drinking?

Korotky Gennady
15-10-2010, 06:54
a young lady and another one not so young anymore, got a letter in their e mail 'free cat..something or the other pedigree' just for 100 $ cost of freight.
but no cat arrived, but mails for cost of vet, documentation and the like. in the end she had paid some 22 000 euro. and of course no cat.

the other aldy had the same thing, she wanted to have a monkey, 9000 euro or maybe it was Pounds, no monkey and no money.

Good work... :11088: my compliments to the nigerians... they know how to get a bit money from stupid western aldies...

Nobbynumbnuts
15-10-2010, 07:36
Good work... :11088: my compliments to the nigerians... they know how to get a bit money from stupid western aldies...

I agree completely, where do i sign up? Beats the hell out of working for a living! :cry:

Darya Alexandrovna
15-10-2010, 11:16
LOL

Korotky Gennady
15-10-2010, 20:36
I agree completely, where do i sign up? Beats the hell out of working for a living! :cry:

You can sign up very easy... Leave your job and go to make your working for a living in Nigeria.

Benedikt
16-10-2010, 08:46

i saw that clip on the news, the misfits might sit in Amsterdam,New York, Moscow or anywere in the world. it just needs a computer, a webmaster and a good story.
The name 'Nigerian Letter' just comes from the 'fact' that the first e mails were marked from Liberia. And it is not done with computers alone anymore. Handy (mobile phone) calls are the in thing now. much more convincing and
in Europe thousands are falling for it. But doesn't the same thing happen in Moscow also? ' this is the police, your son had an accident/was caught with drugs/ is in a compromising situation.. Come here or there and with a few 1000 rubles we/I can fix it!! not the first and for sure not the last time...
people are being warned, we ALL read about it, but still fall for it.
If you do not PLAY a lottery you can not win. as simple as that. and the australian or british lottery is in my mail at least once a month...
sometimes, when i get a new one that i have not seen before i go along for awhile. they produce documents, articles from newspapers, lawyers statements, bank guarateed cheques, something a 10 year old kid can do with a computer and photo shop.
but as soon as i tell them, well deduct all what i should pay, and lately the sum was as little as 150 $, from my 'future' money transfer, the mail stopped. as simple as that.