PDA

View Full Version : baseball dropped from the olympics :(

peyote
18-07-2005, 18:40
what the f***?! you got the games and 24 hours later you're already giving us the finger?! in favour of what? squash and golf? ha ha! i looooove british humour! :D

but for the record, i'm happy to say for the brief history the games had in the olympics we won 3 out of 4... and i hope when the americans get the games the next time the first thing they do is drop rugby, fox hunting or whatever s*** they're into...

and don't give me it's not a world sport - the amateur world cup includes 15-16 countries with such weird names as italy, korea, chinese taipei and... well, not yet but the russians are starting to play baseball, which means nobody has to worry anymore about the last place... mu ha ha! :D

veejay
19-07-2005, 12:40
what are they thinking?!

:-)

Lled
19-07-2005, 12:48
Current list of possible replacements for the "sport" of Baseball (I use the term "sport" with quite some irony) up for discussion:

1. Tossing the cabre
2. Tossing other stuff
3. Tiddlywinks
4. Kerrrrplunk
5. Subbuteo
6. Marathon Celine Dion headphone-listening

sparky
19-07-2005, 12:53
Current list of possible replacements for the "sport" of Baseball (I use the term "sport" with quite some irony) up for discussion:

1. Tossing the cabre
2. Tossing other stuff
3. Tiddlywinks
4. Kerrrrplunk
5. Subbuteo
6. Marathon Celine Dion headphone-listening

No6 could never be included as this is clearly a cruel and unusual punishment

Lled
19-07-2005, 12:56
No6 could never be included as this is clearly a cruel and unusual punishment

Which would render it the perfect replacement for baseball. Settled then. Celine it is.

sparky
19-07-2005, 12:59
Which would render it the perfect replacement for baseball. Settled then. Celine it is.

LOL :thumbsup:

peyote
19-07-2005, 13:10
Which would render it the perfect replacement for baseball. Settled then. Celine it is.man, i didn't know you could be so cruel :(

Ned Kelly
19-07-2005, 13:10
what the f***?! you got the games and 24 hours later you're already giving us the finger?! in favour of what? squash and golf? ha ha! i looooove british humour! :D

but for the record, i'm happy to say for the brief history the games had in the olympics we won 3 out of 4... and i hope when the americans get the games the next time the first thing they do is drop rugby, fox hunting or whatever s*** they're into...

and don't give me it's not a world sport - the amateur world cup includes 15-16 countries with such weird names as italy, korea, chinese taipei and... well, not yet but the russians are starting to play baseball, which means nobody has to worry anymore about the last place... mu ha ha! :D

i guess you'll just have to learn to play cricket old man. ;)

Random
19-07-2005, 13:13
i guess you'll just have to learn to play cricket old man. ;)

Yes a demo of this game will start at 10.30am London Time on Thursday 21st July ....

:)

veejay
19-07-2005, 13:20
you know...some of us actually like baseball...and do not like celine dion at all...

peyote
19-07-2005, 13:25
i guess you'll just have to learn to play cricket old man. ;)is there a soft version for old timers, like softball for baseball? ;-)

wait! is cricket in the olympics? i couldn't find any info on this...

Ned Kelly
19-07-2005, 13:25
Yes a demo of this game will start at 10.30am London Time on Thursday 21st July ....

:)

Leather on willow, a new round of English sporting complexes - you can't beat it!

sparky
19-07-2005, 13:26
Leather on willow, a new round of English sporting complexes - you can't beat it!

OK Ned, so who is going to win the ashes?

Ned Kelly
is there a soft version for old timers, like softball for baseball? ;-)

wait! is cricket in the olympics? i couldn't find any info on this...

the english wanted to include it but at the last minute ian botham pointed out there was no guarantee of their even getting a bronze!

Lled

Indeed the new Sports Complex going up in Nuneaton is said to be rather splendid.

sparky
19-07-2005, 13:27
you know...some of us actually like baseball...and do not like celine dion at all...

I thought they payed Celine's wailing at all the games?

Ned Kelly
19-07-2005, 13:28
Indeed the new Sports Complex going up in Nuneaton is said to be rather splendid.

Yes, you guys have always had a knack for building.

Sidney Bliss
19-07-2005, 13:32
I'd love to chime in with a witty comment but I can't seem to tear myself away from CatGirl's cracking new thread in the expat cafe.

DBND
19-07-2005, 23:13
Below a phone shot (hence the quality) the Baseball field at Spartak Football Training Center.