PDA

View Full Version : New folder for delivery service?

veejay
18-07-2005, 17:29
Just wondering where the best place to post and if perhaps having another folder devoted to delivery service is warranted?

have had two delivery experiences lately that were not all that bad (peyote, jump in with your tuppence, eh?)

5 Spices -- delivered within an hour, veggie egg rolls were a little soggy, but everything else was delicious. (can give full details on what we ordered, but need to look it all up)

Baan Thai -- after a bit of a mix up in terms of if the delivery guy had our order or had delivered it to someone else, and waiting nearly an hour and 45 minutes for the order to be delivered, it was fab. veggie spring rolls with two sauces, red curry tofu (lovely and spicy!), and veggie Phat Thai...all very tasty.

flup
18-07-2005, 17:51
good idea. I'd be interested to know experiences others have had with other types of online services, not only food. Personally, I haven't had the best of luck.

peyote
18-07-2005, 18:12
veggie spring rolls with two sauces, red curry tofu (lovely and spicy!), and veggie Phat Thai...all very tasty.the sort of thing that can bring communism down in cuba... simplemente delicioso!

i wonder who's gonna start delivering to havana :rolleyes:

Halyavshik
18-07-2005, 18:21
VJ,

What was the price like at Bann Thai ? Really expensive ? Affordable ? Do they deliver anywhere or only around where they're located ? Enquiring minds want to know.

Good idea, by the way about a list/folder of delivery places. Perhaps we could add such a folder to the metro listings above ?

Cheers,
Hal

Cherokee
18-07-2005, 18:22
Very good idea V.J!

DPG
18-07-2005, 18:51
I like the idea of a new folder too (being a bit of a food-delivery junkie!) will do it when I get home from work tonight...

Cherokee
18-07-2005, 19:03
Glad you pick up that good idea of V-J DPG! Txs!

veejay
18-07-2005, 19:04
VJ,

What was the price like at Bann Thai ? Really expensive ? Affordable ? Do they deliver anywhere or only around where they're located ? Enquiring minds want to know.

Good idea, by the way about a list/folder of delivery places. Perhaps we could add such a folder to the metro listings above ?

Cheers,
Hal
Hal,

Prices were alright...Two appetizers, two entrees and some extra rice were 1200 rubs delivered...a bit pricey, but hey...we sat on our duffs and waited whilst they had to drive through a big bad thunderstorm...and we had plenty of left overs for lunch today...:-)

I'm not sure where they delivery to. We had it delivered to Krasnye Vorota -- not exactly the same neighborhood as Baan Thai. They are located at Kievskaya if memory serves correctly.

The two places that we've done this with in the last week have their menus on line (in Russian and English), which is super convenient.

Would we do it again? Well...more than likely, particularly on a Sunday when we're feeling lazy and it's a storming outside...:-)

Cheers...and let me know if you have more questions....:-)

veejay
18-07-2005, 19:04
Very good idea V.J!
thanks, man...! :-)

Cherokee
18-07-2005, 19:05
thanks, man...! :-)

any time hun! You deserve it! :)

veejay
18-07-2005, 19:05
I like the idea of a new folder too (being a bit of a food-delivery junkie!) will do it when I get home from work tonight...
groovy! i think it would be a useful resource. we (peyote & i) just went thru listing in The Moscow Times. Last week, chinese...this week thai...who knows what's next...???

Cherokee
18-07-2005, 19:08
how about mexican?