PDA

View Full Version : Rooney rumoured to have quit contrct talks and going to Madrid

Nobbynumbnuts
14-10-2010, 19:13
Latest from Bloomberg. Rooney rumoured to have quit contrct talks and wanting to go to Madrid.

If true it's a massive blow to united.

Gypsy
14-10-2010, 21:47
Latest from Bloomberg. Rooney rumoured to have quit contrct talks and wanting to go to Madrid.

If true it's a massive blow to united.

Indeed - huge blow. A franchise player. Especially with Giggs and Scholes on their last legs and no credible replacements.

Ulyana.de.fine
14-10-2010, 23:30
A humble opinion from somebody who is is not a soccer analyst:
1. Rooney sucked in SA
2. Manchester must go down in flames
:10293:

Gypsy
15-10-2010, 11:06
A humble opinion from somebody who is is not a soccer analyst:
1. Rooney sucked in SA Indeed he did - and since.

2. Manchester must go down in flames
:10293: We can only hope.

The news from Madrid is that there has been no contact with Rooney - and that seems to be genuine, not the usual "no contact". However Perez is a great fan and Benzema has not worked out at Real so maybe a swap could be arranged.

And Lord Ferg is a big fan of Benzema, he loves big strong direct centre forwards. Berbatov playing as a genuine no.10 with Benzema as centre forward could work better than relying solely on Rooney. You'd get the best out of two players - and the team - rather than one.

Still leaves them with a huge hole in midfield though when Scholes and Giggs aren't there.

michey
15-10-2010, 12:24
Rooney want to go because of british media. Cashly Cole want to go because of the same thing. British media crashing their lives, their families. But they could rest of it in Spain.

Nobbynumbnuts
15-10-2010, 12:52
Indeed he did - and since.
We can only hope.

The news from Madrid is that there has been no contact with Rooney - and that seems to be genuine, not the usual "no contact". However Perez is a great fan and Benzema has not worked out at Real so maybe a swap could be arranged.

And Lord Ferg is a big fan of Benzema, he loves big strong direct centre forwards. Berbatov playing as a genuine no.10 with Benzema as centre forward could work better than relying solely on Rooney. You'd get the best out of two players - and the team - rather than one.

Still leaves them with a huge hole in midfield though when Scholes and Giggs aren't there.

I doubted the fact that a team in Madrid had made contact with him. It could be a ploy by an agent to start the ball rolling if he's unsettled.
Berbatov has done very little for United since arriving. He had that fantastic game against Liverpool a few weeks back where he scored a hat trick but that just frustrates the fans even more. He has the ability to be a great player but he lacks the commitment.
One good game in a united shirt and he could partner Benzema up front and Rooney could leave if he wanted?

IGIT
15-10-2010, 14:48
That's what they are...rumours!!! :11513:

Nobbynumbnuts
15-10-2010, 15:47
..............One good game in a united shirt and he could partner Benzema up front and Rooney could leave if he wanted?

You're not going to answer that?
Perhaps you realise you don't know what you're talking about? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
15-10-2010, 17:14
That's what they are...rumours!!! :11513:

I hope you're right but Bloomberg is quoting the Star (yeah, i know! :rolleyes:) that Real Madrid will fight to sign Rooney.
Someone thinks this story's got legs! :D

Nobbynumbnuts
17-10-2010, 15:52
Looks to me like this story will just not lie down!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/wayne-rooney/8069272/Manchester-United-striker-Wayne-Rooney-will-not-be-sold-in-January-transfer-window.html

Rooney was left on the bench by Sir Alex Ferguson for Saturday's Premier League clash with West Brom, and only introduced 19 minutes from the end of the 2-2 draw.

Even then, Rooney was consigned to the left wing, leading to more intense speculation about the 24-year-old's relationship with Ferguson.

Although they rarely comment on individual stories, United have opted to make a brief response to suggestions Rooney's alleged rift with Ferguson is now so great that he will be ushered out of Old Trafford at the earliest opportunity.

"To suggest Wayne Rooney will be sold in January is nonsense," said a club spokesman.

United are aware even that statement could be seized upon and interpreted as opening up the possibility for Rooney to be sold at the end of the season, when his contract will only have 12 months to run. It is not their policy to talk about contract negotiations in public either and that stance has not changed.

However, privately they remain steadfast in their belief that Rooney will eventually sign an extension that will make him one of the club's highest earners.

Ferguson has said little about his star striker in the last few days and totally avoided the issue after yesterday's match.

Yet, purely by leaving him on the bench just days after Rooney astonishingly contradicted his manager by stating he has not been suffering from an ankle injury, the Scot was delivering a damning verdict on the player's recent performances.

What is not known is the reason Rooney opted to speak with the media immediately after England's goalless draw with Montenegro when it would have been far easier to remain silent.

If Rooney took the decision upon himself, it would appear he has been naive given the number of high-profile players who have been drummed out of Old Trafford after clashing with Ferguson.

However, if the move was premeditated, it leaves open the possibility that Rooney himself sees his future away from United, in which case the club would want to maximise their income, as they did with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Meanwhile, former Manchester United defender Steve Bruce believes Ferguson is acting in the player's best interests by taking him out of the firing line.

Sunderland manager Bruce, who captained United under Ferguson, said: "He's (Ferguson) the right person to handle it.

"I find it amazing that we're questioning it and I'm convinced he's done it in a way to protect the lad.

"I don't think Wayne will probably understand that at the moment because he's young but when you look back on it in later times I'm convinced Sir Alex is doing what he's done many, many times.

"He's trying to protect his big player, trying to keep him out of the spotlight, keep him under the radar, if you like. More importantly, trying to protect him in his way."

Bruce, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme, added: "We all know Wayne Rooney is a fantastic footballer and it's the first time in his career that he's had this, a little sort of blip, but make no mistake, he'll be back.

"He's our best talent in this country and it's about time we tried to protect him and look after him."

martpark
18-10-2010, 08:40
The Guardian is more direct.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United
• Striker falls out with Ferguson and could leave in January
• Manchester City and Real Madrid possible destinations
(1629)

Daniel Taylor
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 17 October 2010 22.10 BST
Article history

Wayne Rooney could leave Manchester United in January. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
Wayne Rooney has thrown Manchester United's season into a state of turmoil after informing the club he has no plans to sign another contract and intends to find new employers. Rooney's decision is based on serious differences with Sir Alex Ferguson, the Guardian understands, and will be a devastating blow to the supporters who have come to regard him as a talismanic figure in this troubled era under Malcolm Glazer's ownership.

United may have no option now but to sell the England striker, possibly in the January transfer window, rather than risk his transfer valuation dramatically lowering now that he is only 20 months away from becoming a free agent.

Rooney has always said he has no desire to play abroad and would like to remain in Manchester for the rest of his career, but his mindset has changed and his availability will inevitably attract interest from major forces such as Real Madrid and Barcelona. Manchester City may feel they have an outside chance of capitalising on what has gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, although their chances are undermined by the fact they already have a huge task ahead of them bringing down their wages to prevent Uefa banning them from European competitions under financial fair-play rules.

The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.

Rooney has lost his place in the team, with Ferguson citing a supposed ankle injury, and the 24-year-old felt sufficiently emboldened last week to contradict his manager's version of events and make it clear he has not missed a single training session – and was, in essence, dropped for other reasons.

What has not been established is whether these events have coincided with a disagreement about the amount of money he expected to earn in a new contract. United had been willing to make him the highest earner at the club, with a weekly salary of £150,000, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, had stated several times earlier in the year that the matter would be resolved as soon as Rooney was back from the World Cup.

That now appears to have backfired on Gill, with the message already conveyed to senior figures at Old Trafford that Rooney is now counting down his days at the club. There remains a suspicion it might be a part of the negotiating process, but the Guardian has been informed that, for now at least, Rooney's mind is made up and that he and his family are already contemplating where next to take his career.

If that remains the case, it threatens to be an even more devastating blow to the club than Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real Madrid last year given that it was widely known the Portuguese would eventually move to the Bernabéu. Rooney has always given the opposite impression, immersing himself in the fabric of the club, and now appears to be on the brink of being one of the few players to leave against their wishes. Ferguson has moved on some great footballers, including Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham, but always prides himself on players not being sold unless he says so; in this case it seems clear that the decision was made by Rooney first.

With United desperately trying to keep the matter in-house, Ferguson's views on the subject are not clear, other than he is known to be alarmed and angry about the headlines that Rooney has attracted because of his alleged relationship with a prostitute, Jennifer Thompson and mostly his faltering performances on the pitch. Some United fans will be angry that Rooney seems to have portrayed himself as the victim when it could be argued that he has brought these troubles on himself, but a rift has clearly developed between player and manager.

Rooney has been in the worst form of his professional life for the last seven months, without a goal in open play since the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich in March. Most worryingly, he is showing few signs of emerging from his current slump. Nonetheless, he remains a hero to the United support and was regarded as the player who would help to ensure continuity and success once Ferguson, plus the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, had retired.

Nobbynumbnuts
18-10-2010, 09:03

(1629)

Daniel Taylor
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 17 October 2010 22.10 BST
Article history

Wayne Rooney could leave Manchester United in January. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
Wayne Rooney has thrown Manchester United's season into a state of turmoil after informing the club he has no plans to sign another contract and intends to find new employers. Rooney's decision is based on serious differences with Sir Alex Ferguson, the Guardian understands, and will be a devastating blow to the supporters who have come to regard him as a talismanic figure in this troubled era under Malcolm Glazer's ownership.

United may have no option now but to sell the England striker, possibly in the January transfer window, rather than risk his transfer valuation dramatically lowering now that he is only 20 months away from becoming a free agent.

Rooney has always said he has no desire to play abroad and would like to remain in Manchester for the rest of his career, but his mindset has changed and his availability will inevitably attract interest from major forces such as Real Madrid and Barcelona. Manchester City may feel they have an outside chance of capitalising on what has gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, although their chances are undermined by the fact they already have a huge task ahead of them bringing down their wages to prevent Uefa banning them from European competitions under financial fair-play rules.

The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.

Rooney has lost his place in the team, with Ferguson citing a supposed ankle injury, and the 24-year-old felt sufficiently emboldened last week to contradict his manager's version of events and make it clear he has not missed a single training session – and was, in essence, dropped for other reasons.

What has not been established is whether these events have coincided with a disagreement about the amount of money he expected to earn in a new contract. United had been willing to make him the highest earner at the club, with a weekly salary of £150,000, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, had stated several times earlier in the year that the matter would be resolved as soon as Rooney was back from the World Cup.

That now appears to have backfired on Gill, with the message already conveyed to senior figures at Old Trafford that Rooney is now counting down his days at the club. There remains a suspicion it might be a part of the negotiating process, but the Guardian has been informed that, for now at least, Rooney's mind is made up and that he and his family are already contemplating where next to take his career.

If that remains the case, it threatens to be an even more devastating blow to the club than Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real Madrid last year given that it was widely known the Portuguese would eventually move to the Bernabéu. Rooney has always given the opposite impression, immersing himself in the fabric of the club, and now appears to be on the brink of being one of the few players to leave against their wishes. Ferguson has moved on some great footballers, including Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham, but always prides himself on players not being sold unless he says so; in this case it seems clear that the decision was made by Rooney first.

With United desperately trying to keep the matter in-house, Ferguson's views on the subject are not clear, other than he is known to be alarmed and angry about the headlines that Rooney has attracted because of his alleged relationship with a prostitute, Jennifer Thompson and mostly his faltering performances on the pitch. Some United fans will be angry that Rooney seems to have portrayed himself as the victim when it could be argued that he has brought these troubles on himself, but a rift has clearly developed between player and manager.

Rooney has been in the worst form of his professional life for the last seven months, without a goal in open play since the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich in March. Most worryingly, he is showing few signs of emerging from his current slump. Nonetheless, he remains a hero to the United support and was regarded as the player who would help to ensure continuity and success once Ferguson, plus the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, had retired.

Only way this story's gonna die is if Furguson gives Rooney a big slobbery kiss before the next home game!!! ;)

Matt24
18-10-2010, 11:08

(1629)

Citeh? I think that would be remarkable, but possibly the only way to get full price...I can't see Lord Ferg letting anybody putting Tevez and Rooney in the same team any time soon, just in case they made it work...I also wonder about Rooney and TSO, whilst it's undeniable that he can get the diamond out of the rough with less than sophisticated social beings, I think El Rooney is a special kind of thick - and now with added ego, I predict wherever he goes, with the exception of Mancini, he will disappear up his own tail pipe a la Gaza at Lazio.

Matt

Nobbynumbnuts
18-10-2010, 12:11
Citeh? I think that would be remarkable, but possibly the only way to get full price...I can't see Lord Ferg letting anybody putting Tevez and Rooney in the same team any time soon, just in case they made it work...I also wonder about Rooney and TSO, whilst it's undeniable that he can get the diamond out of the rough with less than sophisticated social beings, I think El Rooney is a special kind of thick - and now with added ego, I predict wherever he goes, with the exception of Mancini, he will disappear up his own tail pipe a la Gaza at Lazio.

Matt

Can't see him going to Shitty.
The Everton fans give him so much stick, he's had to pull out of matches at Goodison in the past since leaving.
Would be nothing compared to the wrath of the united fans if he went across town.
He's just going through a bad patch. The press will find someone else to torment and it will all die down.
He's been fantastic for United since joining and they would be insane to let him go.

TolkoRaz
18-10-2010, 12:40
Is he worthing 'buying'? Will any clubs invest in such an over-rated, underperforming player? I offer £10!

I suppose he has to find work fairly soon to finance his addiction to prostitutes and drink :10310:

Then again, may be he can star in the next Shrek sequel! ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
18-10-2010, 12:46
Is he worthing 'buying'? Will any clubs invest in such an over-rated, underperforming player? I offer £10!

I suppose he has to find work fairly soon to finance his addiction to prostitutes and drink :10310:

Then again, may be he can star in the next Shrek sequel! ;)

TolkoRaz, we're talking about Rooney here.............hello??? ;)

TolkoRaz
18-10-2010, 15:13
Is he the Scouser who likes to perform with 55 year old women in the back of a mini, but fails to perform for his country? ;)

Gypsy
18-10-2010, 15:27

Matt

Much more likely is a Benzema Rooney plus 20m swap with a Kaka move to City to free up the money for Rooney.

Berbatov is a 10 not a centre forward, and needs a power forward to play off - Benzema is that man, and Fergie loves him. ManU would get 50 goals out of Benzema and Berbatov together and 30 out of Rooney plus anyone.

The whole deal suits everyone; City, ManU and Real.

Nobbynumbnuts
18-10-2010, 15:41
Is he the Scouser who likes to perform with 55 year old women in the back of a mini, but fails to perform for his country? ;)

Yes, he has extra curricular activities, so what?
Mancini at citeh was saying just this weekend how much better it is to go with a woman than to go drinking.
He doesn't perform for his country? Tell me who does! ;)

TolkoRaz
18-10-2010, 15:44
I'm not an expert, but it seems that the foreign players who play for British clubs perform when they return to play for their own National teams :10310:

Nobbynumbnuts
18-10-2010, 15:44
Much more likely is a Benzema Rooney plus 20m swap with a Kaka move to City to free up the money for Rooney.

Berbatov is a 10 not a centre forward, and needs a power forward to play off - Benzema is that man, and Fergie loves him. ManU would get 50 goals out of Benzema and Berbatov together and 30 out of Rooney plus anyone.

The whole deal suits everyone; City, ManU and Real.

When Fergie steps down, you've got the job! :rofl:

Nobbynumbnuts
18-10-2010, 16:02
To all you doubters.................I told you this story had legs!!! :-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8069765/Manchester-United-forward-Wayne-Rooney-faces-exit-after-rejecting-new-contract.html

The 24 year-old, last season’s double Footballer of the Year, informed United last week of his intention not to extend his £90,000-a-week deal which is due to expire in June 2012.

Although United dismissed as “nonsense” reports on Sunday that the ''irretrievable breakdown’’ of Rooney’s relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson would signal his departure from Old Trafford, it is understood that such an eventuality is now on the agenda and Ferguson, chief executive David Gill and the Glazer family, United’s owners, have accepted that reality.

United's problems bigger than just one man The off-field scandal which enveloped Rooney earlier this season, with damaging allegations of liaisons with prostitutes, has proven to have delivered a terminal blow to his relationship with Ferguson, however.

Rooney’s form has evaporated since the revelations and Ferguson, claiming that he had an ankle injury, has dropped the player from the United first team, much to Rooney’s annoyance.

And with the forward publicly defying Ferguson last week by insisting he had not been injured at all this season, the split between the two men became evident before Rooney was dropped to the bench for Saturday’s 2-2 home draw against West Bromwich Albion.

Now United must face up to the prospect of selling Rooney before his value dwindles by entering the final year of his contract.

Although Rooney’s move could be viewed as a bold negotiating tactic, the broken state of his relationship with Ferguson suggests that the endgame has already begun and that the former Everton youngster will follow the likes of David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Roy Keane out of Old Trafford after clashing with the Scot.

The collapse of Rooney’s relationship with Ferguson has been swift. United chief executive David Gill had claimed during the club’s pre-season tour of North America in July that talks over a new deal for Rooney were due to commence in August.

Gill said at the time: “The current intention is to meet with Wayne and his advisers when we’re back from tour and he’s back from holiday with a view to sorting out a new deal for him.

“It’s clear from what he has said and what the club have said that both parties are very keen to sort things out and secure his long-term future at United.

“Given his desires and what he means to the club we’re very confident that can be achieved.”

United’s confidence has since been eroded by Rooney’s reaction to Ferguson’s handling of him in the wake of the prostitute allegations scandal.

Ferguson’s private punishment of Rooney, by dropping him from the first team, was combined with public support and a refusal to condemn the player.

But Rooney’s public insistence that he should have been allowed to play through his problems has angered Ferguson and further driven the two apart.

Rumours within Manchester almost two months ago suggested that the player had been turned by the prospect of a £200,000-a-week deal at Manchester City.

At the time, both clubs vehemently denied any prospect of Rooney following Carlos Tévez across the Mancunian divide and such a move is understood to be an outside prospect.

With the prostitute saga continuing to hover over Rooney, it is believed that the player and his wife, Coleen, are now open to the possibility of a move away from England, opening the door to a transfer to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Both clubs would happily meet United’s £50 million-plus valuation, but with almost three months to the opening of the January transfer window, there remains a glimmer of hope for United supporters that time will allow the wounds between player and club to heal.

Ferguson could choose to banish Rooney from the first team until January, but such a move would damage the player’s market value and do little to help team spirit at United.

Should he be restored to the first team, the situation could ease, but it appears as though such an outcome is now highly unlikely.

And while the funds generated by the sale of Rooney would be welcomed by a club servicing a debt in excess of £720 million, the Glazers are also acutely aware of the necessity to maintain United as a force within the game and, as such, any money raised would likely be handed straight back to Ferguson for a replacement.

The last star striker to endure a breakdown in his relationship with Ferguson was Van Nistelrooy and, despite 150 goals in 219 appearances, he was ruthlessly dispatched to Real Madrid against the wishes of the supporters.

Back then, Ferguson had the blossoming talents of Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo in place to claim Van Nistelrooy’s mantle.

Four years on, it is a different story, which is why selling Rooney is an altogether bigger gamble for United to take.

martpark
18-10-2010, 16:59
This spat was the boot to the head a la Fergie to Beckham in past. Rooney will not be at OT much longer. I think he'll head to Spain where the press will hassle him but he won't understand and he'll live in bliss. Also plenty of 'putas viejas' to keep him happy.

Nobbynumbnuts
19-10-2010, 10:41
This spat was the boot to the head a la Fergie to Beckham in past. Rooney will not be at OT much longer. I think he'll head to Spain where the press will hassle him but he won't understand and he'll live in bliss. Also plenty of 'putas viejas' to keep him happy.

.........if the Telegraph can be believed he is going to Manchester City. Absolutely incredible!
If it happens he'll need some serious security! ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8071894/Manchester-United-play-hardball-with-Wayne-Rooney-as-Manchester-City-wait-in-wings.html

Rooney has left his Old Trafford future hanging by a thread after informing United's hierarchy last week that he would not commit himself to a new long-term contract.

But United are in no rush to restart contract talks with the England forward after being stunned by his wage demands. The former Everton player, whose current deal expires in June 2012, is understood to be angling for a pay hike to £200,000 a week.

Ferguson's biggest gamble of all Rooney's deteriorating relationship with manager Sir Alex Ferguson has done little to encourage either side to back down. And despite the menacing threat of City's mammoth wealth hanging over Old Trafford, United are refusing to cave in to Rooney's demands.

Although moving from United to City would result in Rooney being vilified by the red half of Manchester, sources within the United camp have been made aware of the player's readiness to contemplate such a move.

The possibility of Rooney, who celebrates his 25th birthday on Sunday, swapping red for blue is understood to be an open secret among his team-mates at United.

City remained coy on Monday night on the prospect of luring Rooney to Eastlands, but Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan will not struggle to raise the funds for the transfer fee or wages.

Barcelona's financial problems would appear to compromise their hopes of signing Rooney, while Real Madrid director Jorge Valdano on Monday dismissed the likelihood of a move for the United striker.

There are reservations among some influential figures at City over a move for Rooney, based on the player's off-field troubles. However, the opportunity to prise United's marquee player from Old Trafford is likely to override any issues over Rooney's suitability to become part of the Eastlands project.

The threat of losing their star player to their closest rivals has yet to prompt Ferguson or United chief executive David Gill into a concerted effort to bring Rooney back on side. Ferguson is expected to reveal his own position on the player's future at a press conference at Old Trafford on Tuesday afternoon.

Senior figures at United spent Monday considering their position after waking to headlines reflecting Rooney's refusal to continue talks over a new contract.

Discussions between Ferguson and Gill and transatlantic phone calls between Gill and the Glazer family, the club's Florida-based owners, preceded and followed a lunchtime press conference held to publicise a £1 million charity initiative with Unicef at which no questions on Rooney were allowed.

Gill did, however, address the Rooney issue by insisting that "we will make a statement at the appropriate time".

Despite high-level talks between the Old Trafford decision-makers, the Glazers have made it clear to Ferguson that he has full control over Rooney's future.

The United manager will be free to decide whether Rooney stays or goes and, should he sanction the player's departure, the Scot will be in control of both the timescale and the destination.

Although Ferguson has yet to publicly disclose his intentions, the prospect of losing Rooney is understood not to be troubling the 68 year-old to the extent of the disappointment he felt when accepting that Cristiano Ronaldo should be allowed to leave United for Real Madrid in June last year.

Ferguson's anger at Rooney's response to being omitted from the United team in recent weeks has driven a wedge between the two men. However, until Ferguson confirms his intentions to Gill, there remains an outside chance that a rapprochement could take place before the transfer window opens in January.

That prospect is unlikely and the United manager issued a thinly-veiled criticism of Rooney when discussing the club's work with Unicef.

He said: "Our work with Unicef has made some of our players, particularly the younger ones, realise what the real world is like. It's been an eye-opener and a real education for them.

"It's taught them to understand how lucky they are, being in the environment they've been brought up in and the cocooned life they've got, in terms of their wealth and things like that.

"That's very difficult with modern-day players because most of them are wealthy and in a comfortable situation. So it's wonderful to watch them make that transition to changing their attitude."

If Ferguson was in turmoil over Rooney, it barely showed as he smiled his way through a video clip of Ryan Giggs's recent Unicef visit to Sierra Leone.

The United manager appears to have already made his mind up on Rooney and it would be no surprise if he brushed the situation off on Tuesday by simply declaring that the player wants to leave.

If that happens, Ferguson must then decide whether to allow him to make the three-mile journey across town to Eastlands.

Gypsy
19-10-2010, 17:19
You're not going to answer that?
Perhaps you realise you don't know what you're talking about? ;)

Assume you aimed this at me since your quote comes from a response to one of my posts.

Again - the insult is not necessary. We are all expressing opinion and mine is based on 2 facts.

1) Ferg loves Benzema.
2) He also loves Berbatov and has been very patient with the off field problems Berbatov has faced that affected his form.

Anyone with two eyes can see that he is a player of absolutely the highest class: more importantly Lord Ferg thinks so too. And played in the correct formation with a power forward he will contribute to 50 goals a season between him and the 9.

Rooney going to Citeh is dumb - he would be much better off at Real, but he is thick - even for an english footballer - so may just take the Citeh offer because it is easier.

Is it possible that rather than his loss of form being down to injury or his off field activities - and there is much much more to come there too, the papers haven't scratched the surface yet - it is simply that he has come to the end of his top level form? See Best, Whiteside, Owen and the 500 Game Law.

Nobbynumbnuts
19-10-2010, 17:55
Assume you aimed this at me since your quote comes from a response to one of my posts.

Again - the insult is not necessary. We are all expressing opinion and mine is based on 2 facts.

1) Ferg loves Benzema.
2) He also loves Berbatov and has been very patient with the off field problems Berbatov has faced that affected his form.

Anyone with two eyes can see that he is a player of absolutely the highest class: more importantly Lord Ferg thinks so too. And played in the correct formation with a power forward he will contribute to 50 goals a season between him and the 9.

Rooney going to Citeh is dumb - he would be much better off at Real, but he is thick - even for an english footballer - so may just take the Citeh offer because it is easier.

Is it possible that rather than his loss of form being down to injury or his off field activities - and there is much much more to come there too, the papers haven't scratched the surface yet - it is simply that he has come to the end of his top level form? See Best, Whiteside, Owen and the 500 Game Law.

You threw the same line at me in another thread. Just returning the compliment! If you can't take, don't dish it out? ;)

Firstly, i'm not sure how you know Fergie loves Benzema but i'm prepared to take your word for it.
At the beginning of the season Ferguson stated in the match program that this was a 'very important season for Bebatov' That was interpreted as meaning if he doesn't pull his finger out, he's on his bike. Not by me but by others at united.

My real issue with what you stated was not the above however, as i said, it was the fact that Berbatov had done nothing in a united shirt until 'that' game against Liverpool, now people are talking about him as if he's got a god given right to be the first name on the team sheet. One game doesn't prove anything. He has been insignifiacnt in many games because he hasn't put in the effort. This is a common critism of him.

As i said in a previous thread he has cl**** real class. That is self evident from his time at spurs and the game against Liverpool. Of course Fergie rates him. He wouldn't have bought him otherwise would he?

Were you saying when united bought Berbatov that he wouldn't be a natural fit with Rooney? My guess is not. And i'm not convinced he's not. An on form Rooney and Berbatov could still do well together if Rooney stays and gets his form back.

George Best was on a bottle of vodka a day. Might that have had something to do with his slip in form? ;)
Footballers thick? No sh*t Einstein!! ;)

martpark
19-10-2010, 22:21
Who knows. Rooney may be the new Tevez. C'mon City!

Nobbynumbnuts
19-10-2010, 22:45
Who knows. Rooney may be the new Tevez. C'mon City!

The Daily Mirror reported today that Manchester City is ready to put together a 100 million-pound package for Rooney. City would pay 50 million pounds as a transfer fee and pay him another 50 million in wages over four years.

martpark
19-10-2010, 23:29
Press conference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9107091.stm

MUTV

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9107800.stm

TolkoRaz
19-10-2010, 23:50
The Daily Mirror reported today that Manchester City is ready to put together a 100 million-pound package for Rooney. City would pay 50 million pounds as a transfer fee and pay him another 50 million in wages over four years.

Are they mad? What a ridiculous amount of money for any sportsman, especially a failing, underperforming one!

Hopefully the HUGELY over-rated, uninspiring Rooney will go to Madrid and the UK will never hear of him again! :)

Nobbynumbnuts
20-10-2010, 11:03
Seems like all the top clubs are suddenly putting together mega bids for that, failing, uninspiring, under performing, hugely over rated, thick, dumb, shrek look-a-like, franchise player, who sucks, is an egoist, not worth ten quid, addicted to hookers, also known as Wayne Rooney!! :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/wayne-rooney/8074340/Chelsea-prepare-20m-bid-for-unsettled-Manchester-United-striker-Wayne-Rooney.html

Although the offer would fall far short of the expected £35 million bid by Manchester City, sources suggested on Tuesday night that Chelsea believe they may be favourites to secure the Manchester United striker because Sir Alex Ferguson would rather sell to them.

Indeed it is understood that Chelsea have been closely tracking Rooney's situation for several months after being alerted that he may not be happy at Old Trafford and was open to the idea of leaving with less than two years on his contract.

Rooney's future: news and reaction Real Madrid are the only other club seriously in the running to sign the 24 year-old, but it is uncertain what kind of offer they are considering, especially as they would prefer to wait until the summer before making a move.

United will make it clear to all suitors that they want to do a deal sooner than that. This is largely because the value of striker will have diminished by the end of the season, when he will enter the final year of his contract, and also because Ferguson has decided he wants the player to leave as soon as possible to cause minimum disruption.

Although Rooney is, according to sources, "100 per cent sure he wants to move" and is prepared to join City, who will also offer him by far the biggest wages, he is believed to be keen on Chelsea.

Ferguson, who has been given a mandate to sell by United's American owners the Glazers, would ideally prefer Rooney to leave the Premier League and move abroad.

Real are the most likely to make an offer and there are undoubtedly players, particularly Karim Benzema and Kaka, in whom United would be interested, especially as it is understood that a straight cash deal would involve a large portion of the money going to Everton as a sell-on fee, believed to be 25 per cent of any profit United make on Rooney.

Real have already made it known that they are looking to offload certain players, and that list includes Lassana Diarra and Fernando Gago. However, Rooney has also indicated he would rather stay in England.

Chelsea's interest in Rooney is long-standing and manager Carlo Ancelotti, who is pushing for the signing, is an avowed fan, having praised the striker last season for his performances. On the eve of Chelsea's Champions League tie against Spartak Moscow, Ancelotti admitted he would be interested.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is, according to sources close to him, still hoping to sign Fernando Torres having had a long-standing interest in the Liverpool striker.

A bid was lodged in the summer, and although this fell below Liverpool's valuation, the club's plight, and the Spaniard's unhappiness, may lead to Chelsea making a renewed offer in the next transfer window.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that they could bid for both Rooney and Torres, with one source suggesting on Tuesday that this was "Roman's dream".

Quite where that would leave Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka remains to be seen, although Chelsea are acutely aware that they will have to eventually replace their main strikers, who are both over 30.

The likelihood is that Chelsea will not offer enough for Rooney to convince United to sell to them, rather than City. It will also be difficult to persuade Abramovich to increase his bid given the player's contract situation and the personal problems he has faced.

He will want to drive a hard bargain for Rooney, who could buy himself out of the final year of his deal for about £5 million next summer. "Why would someone pay the market rate right now?" one source said on Tuesday night.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp alluded to this on Tuesday night when he said: "It's an amazing situation that Rooney could become a free agent, someone who is worth £50-60 million.

"He's in a situation whereby if he does not want to sign a contract then in 18 months he is a free agent. He's in a position where if someone gives him personally £30 million then he is still a cheap player. He can go down that road and Man United can do nothing about it."

IGIT
20-10-2010, 16:13
Will he go or will he stay? :10806:

phawley
20-10-2010, 21:36
So Rooney has announced (I am guessing through an interpretor) that he wants to leave.

Despite denials, I am guessing something bad must have happened to sour the relationship with Ferguson, maybe he slept with Fergie's wife? We know he likes them old!

Nobbynumbnuts
20-10-2010, 22:07
So Rooney has announced (I am guessing through an interpretor) that he wants to leave.

Despite denials, I am guessing something bad must have happened to sour the relationship with Ferguson, maybe he slept with Fergie's wife? We know he likes them old!

That would be necrophilia ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
22-10-2010, 17:40
Unbelieveable!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9118602.stm

Wayne Rooney has made a shock U-turn and agreed a new five-year contract at Manchester United just days after announcing his intention to leave.

On Wednesday the 24-year-old striker said concerns over the strength of the club's squad were behind his original decision not to sign a new deal.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I'm delighted Wayne's agreed to stay."

Rooney stated: "I said on Wednesday the manager's a genius and it's his belief and support that convinced me to stay."

He added: "I'm delighted to sign another deal at United. I've spoken to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this where I belong.

"I am signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place.

"I am sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they have read and seen.

"But my position was from concern over the future.

"The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."

The agreement ends a period of intensive discussions at Old Trafford after Rooney issued a statement in which he revealed that United chief David Gill had not given him the assurance he was seeking about the future squad.

"It's been a difficult week but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United," Ferguson told the club's website.

"Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand.

"I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.

"I'm pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United's great players.

"It shows character and belief in what we stand for.

"I'm sure everyone involved with the Club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of."

Rooney's team-mate Rio Ferdinand said on social newtworking website Twitter: "It was never in doubt in my mind tweeps, wazza is Man utd through and through there's no way I could have seen him playing for another club, defo not a prem club anyway."

Former United midfielder Lou Macari admitted that he was surprised by the news.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "I didn't see this coming.

It was never in doubt in my mind tweeps, wazza is Man utd through and through

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand on Twitter
"It's going to be difficult for Wayne to get everyone back on board. I don't think it will be as easy as just scoring goals. It's going to take a lot of other things and over a period of time he'll learn to get back on with his football."

United supporter Liam Bradford, who is the assistant editor of the Red News fanzine also told Radio 5 live: "I'm completely flabbergasted.

"It's been one of those weeks. It's been completely mad.

"I don't know whether this has been planned all along and this was just some elaborate mind game that Sir Alex Ferguson was playing with Wayne Rooney on board or whether it has just been completely surreal for the last seven days.

"At the end of the day, he is a world-class footballer and I really wouldn't want to see him anywhere else. I think I'm more relieved that anything he is not going across the city to the team that plays in blue."

Rooney moved to Old Trafford from Everton in 2004 for £25.6m and has helped the club win three successive Premier League titles from 2007-09.

Matt24
22-10-2010, 18:59
Shocker , Evra must be awondering where his next team will be, per the sun he did a JT and he told wazza to do one now cos he wasn't welcome no more, on behalf of the squad

Matt

Nobbynumbnuts
22-10-2010, 19:53
Shocker , Evra must be awondering where his next team will be, per the sun he did a JT and he told wazza to do one now cos he wasn't welcome no more, on behalf of the squad

Matt

Evra speaking on behalf of the squad? Rio Ferdinand is captain and he has said consistantly since the begining of this drama that Rooney is united through and through and he wouldn't leave. ;)

Gypsy
23-10-2010, 12:54
You threw the same line at me in another thread. Just returning the compliment! If you can't take, don't dish it out? ;) Really? Where?

Firstly, i'm not sure how you know Fergie loves Benzema Because he has said so many times and only pulled out of the bidding for him when it got to 40m and ManU could not afford that.

At the beginning of the season Ferguson stated in the match program that this was a 'very important season for Bebatov' That was interpreted as meaning if he doesn't pull his finger out, he's on his bike. Not by me but by others at united. Well people who inferred that should try reading the papers - Berbatov's lack of form coincided directly with the death threats he and his family were receiving - and taken very seriously by the English police incidentally.

My real issue with what you stated was not the above however, as i said, it was the fact that Berbatov had done nothing in a united shirt until 'that' game against Liverpool, now people are talking about him as if he's got a god given right to be the first name on the team sheet. One game doesn't prove anything. He has been insignifiacnt in many games because he hasn't put in the effort. This is a common critism of him. I wonder how well you'd play with such threats aimed at you and your family.

Were you saying when united bought Berbatov that he wouldn't be a natural fit with Rooney? My guess is not. And i'm not convinced he's not. An on form Rooney and Berbatov could still do well together if Rooney stays and gets his form back. I think he'd do much better playing off a classical no.9 like Benzema. I think a pair like that could well net 50 goals in the EPL. I think a lot of the time Berbatov who is a classical 10 occupies the same space as Rooney, and that limits him. I am not saying they can't play together, but I think more goals come from the other partnership.

George Best was on a bottle of vodka a day. Might that have had something to do with his slip in form? ;) What loss of form? Best drunk was still one of the best players in the world. But the 500 game theory has a lot going for it of you look back. Best, Whiteside, Owen, maybe Rooney; then go and try and find a forward who has continued scoring long after 500 games. And once you've got past Shearer you may well struggle.[/QUOTE]

Footballers thick? No sh*t Einstein!! ;) Your comments may be amusing if you actually addressed them to what was written before. Thick even for an english footballer.

IGIT
01-11-2010, 12:45
He never left.

TolkoRaz
01-11-2010, 13:13
I went to Old Trafford on Saturday and thought that the hate campaign against Wayne Rooney had gone too far. There was a bloke there burning and selling small effigies of him to the fans....

But then I realised that he had a baked potato stall! :D

Nobbynumbnuts
01-11-2010, 19:43
I went to Old Trafford on Saturday and thought that the hate campaign against Wayne Rooney had gone too far. There was a bloke there burning and selling small effigies of him to the fans....

Great, PMSL. :rofl:

demsaoroi88
03-11-2010, 05:33
[lang=vi]Thanks! I like Rooney ^.^

Gypsy
03-11-2010, 10:06

Excellent.

Still they have that loathsome cheat Nani now as their new hero. Rooney will go at the end of the season - wouldn't surprise me if the deal is being done now.

Nobbynumbnuts
03-11-2010, 13:04
Excellent.

Still they have that loathsome cheat Nani now as their new hero. Rooney will go at the end of the season - wouldn't surprise me if the deal is being done now.

I'm Man.Utd but not a big fan of Nani. He is extremely talented though but too much diving etc. for my liking.
Now having said that, what happened on Saturday is the Spurs goalie's fault. Who blew the whistle for a free kick? No one. So why put the ball down in your own penalty area with an opposing attacker a few feet away?
Completely dumb! He'll be checking with the ref next time before he decides which way the decision has gone.
And before someone says Nani cheated with the hand ball and the ref f*cked up........cheats and f*ck ups in football? Get outta here!! ;)
As all pro footballers know 'play to the whistle'