PDA

View Full Version : Roller Blading / Inline Skating for Fun, Anyone want to join?

rmo6767
17-07-2005, 18:51
Not sure if anyone would be interested or not, but I was thinking maybe next weekend sometime like on Sunday a group of people whom might be interested can meet up at Gorky park and go for a roller blading trek. Can start at one end of the par, skate down to the opposite end and then onto the wide sidewalks up to a bar or cafe?

I think I had mentioned something about this a long time ago during the winter. If anyone is interested write back on here so we can start to organize: time, day, and meeting point.

This would be just a casual, free for all, easy skating day out sort of thing with a group of people who enjoy the same, all ages welcomed

blonde
17-07-2005, 19:15
Hey rmo6767,
How's the quality of the road surface in Gorky park?

I think the idea itself is very good! :thumbsup:
But a bit concerned about the place though...

Olga Ten
18-07-2005, 09:50
Please see the thread at Dining out, there is a topic about the roller blading already:)

RDV
18-07-2005, 16:01
Not sure if anyone would be interested or not, but I was thinking maybe next weekend sometime like on Sunday a group of people whom might be interested can meet up at Gorky park and go for a roller blading trek. Can start at one end of the par, skate down to the opposite end and then onto the wide sidewalks up to a bar or cafe?

I think I had mentioned something about this a long time ago during the winter. If anyone is interested write back on here so we can start to organize: time, day, and meeting point.

This would be just a casual, free for all, easy skating day out sort of thing with a group of people who enjoy the same, all ages welcomed

Doesn't the entrance to the Gorky Park cost money (50 rubles or something)? how about VDNKH for a change? Other options include: Vorobyevy Gory by MGU, Luzhniki, Poklonnaya Gora.

Personally I would go for VDNKH (a bit sick of Poklonka).

RDV
18-07-2005, 16:02
Please see the thread at Dining out, there is a topic about the roller blading already:)

... which still amazes me ;) Dining out and rollerblading! How does that come together? :yikes:

rmo6767
18-07-2005, 21:09
Gorky is good for roller blading around the river front, at the other entrance on the far side, there is no fee to go into the par, the area you are thinking of is the amusment area which we do not need. Actually we used to start in front of Kievskaya Metro on the other side of the river and skate to Gorky and then from Gorky we leave and head down towards arbat. Anyway if you would liek to try another area that is fine for us as well, just want to get a group up for a nice easy long skate and some drinks afterwards.

Olga Ten
18-07-2005, 21:23
... which still amazes me ;) Dining out and rollerblading! How does that come together? :yikes:

Ж)))))))))))))))) there is just a thread at Dining out section about the roller. the topic with such name is already existed, you could see a bit more info there.

Tonka

just Lo
20-07-2005, 16:19
I'd like to participate, but I'm not a very good skater, so at "hard" places, such as high curbs, or steep hills (downways) you'll have to wait for me. If that's ok, I'm in.

RDV
20-07-2005, 20:10
OK, my plans just changed for this weekend. I am up for this. Which day are you suggesting?

rmo6767
23-07-2005, 23:16
Hi Everyone, sorry have not been able to get back here until just now, been very busy with the office and looks like won't be able to do the skate tomorrow after all. I do apologize for everyone. However, if anyone is interested and sees this, my better half and I will be headed out tomorrow morning at around 11:30 at Gorkey park, will probably start in the middle section where the metero line is. I forgot what the metro is called though, it is the one that runs over the river and stops above the river in the middle of the park.

denis
25-07-2005, 17:20
Hi,

I want to join your group - please PM your mobile. Would you like to have some training during the weekdays? I am central and fine with Gorky park, Frunzenskaya nab., Luzhniki, Poklonka.