PDA

View Full Version : Question:

Shatneresque
14-07-2005, 16:18
Why are some of my rep points blue instead of green or red? Are these considered "neutral" points, or what? And how does one give a blue rep point, anyway?

Just wondering....

TQ
14-07-2005, 16:25
Why are some of my rep points blue
Just wondering....

I am trying to send you a yellow one now, pls let me know if this arrives as violet :D

Shatneresque
14-07-2005, 16:32
I am trying to send you a yellow one now, pls let me know if this arrives as violet
Violets instead of daffodils? :eh:

DPG
14-07-2005, 16:42
Blue means that the person who has given you the points has a reputation which does not in fact allow them to award points from a quantitative perspective - merely in spirit - i.e. they count as zero and you actually get nothing!!

flup
14-07-2005, 16:45
whoops, that was probably from me. I'm new here, though, so I didn't know about that. does that mean i shouldn't bother spreading around rep since it doesn't really count.

however, god i'm confused, i thought the whole thing was just for fun anyway. Even if my rep did count, what would you get out of it.

please explain this funky rep system thingy

Shatneresque
14-07-2005, 16:50
Blue means that the person who has given you the points has a reputation which does not in fact allow them to award points from a quantitative perspective - merely in spirit - i.e. they count as zero and you actually get nothing!!
Thanks, that explains it.

Braders
14-07-2005, 16:52
Why are some of my rep points blue instead of green or red? Are these considered "neutral" points, or what? And how does one give a blue rep point, anyway?

Just wondering....

It's quite simple Shatneresque.

The Rep works as follows.

If a member has a good rep and a lot of posts under their belt then they can give and taken away more rep than anyone else.

Example - 2000 posts and Two green blocks would mean this person can give other members around +5 or +6 positive rep points and take away -3 or -4 negative rep points.

At the other end of the scale, a new member who has 1 Red block and 15 posts to their name will not be able to give or take rep. This means they can click the icon to give rep, however they will be definitely giving 0 postiive and negative rep points to other members, they need to get out of the Red and post more to be able to give and take rep points.

The Blue rep that you are seeing is exactly this, the user has no rep themselves and hasn't posted a lot, thus they can't take your rep and they can't give you rep, their power rating at the moment is '0'

Lled at the moment has minus a billion rep points, this means when he gives another user positive rep it will count as nothing.

Hope this helps you as well as others.