PDA

View Full Version : WIMM BILL DONE milk prices, a disaster...

Benedikt
04-10-2010, 21:31
a few times i was standing already in front of the shelf and KNEW something was not right. well at my age it takes sometimes awhile to click..
1 ltr of 2.% fat milk from that company *(Lianosovo) costs 50 rubles and a few kopeks,1.5 ltr, same fat, same company is 90 rules.
If you divide the 1 ltr price and add 0.5 ltr it should be logically some 75 rubles for 1.5 ltr. and not 90.:yuk:
(the supermarket is not making the price, it is dictated by the milk supplier and producer. the money they make is the profit from the discount they get from the supplier).
or so the manager at the shop told me.

tasel
04-10-2010, 23:48
Actually the other fact is there is no difference between 2.5%, 3.2%, 3.5% and 5% .... fat content. Its just added additives :) and many of us don't know this fact . The more you pay, the more you get additives added.

xSnoofovich
05-10-2010, 00:13
Actually the other fact is there is no difference between 2.5%, 3.2%, 3.5% and 5% .... fat content. Its just added additives :) and many of us don't know this fact . The more you pay, the more you get additives added.

could you explain this in further detail pls.

for instance, i usually buy milk with 3.8% fat. are you telling me it is healthier to buy 2% or even non-fat milk, on a strictly more additives basis?

help !?

(i also buy 25% dry milk. what does THIS mean? )

sophieperle
05-10-2010, 00:18
Would you recommend one or another milk brand?
I know you can buy the soft plastic packs and this is
supposed to be FRESH milk, that is if I understood well
not recreated with milk powder. I fact it gets sour very
quickly.

Which one do you buy Benedickt? thank's in advance for your tips :)

Benedikt
05-10-2010, 07:36
Would you recommend one or another milk brand?
I know you can buy the soft plastic packs and this is
supposed to be FRESH milk, that is if I understood well
not recreated with milk powder. I fact it gets sour very
quickly.

Which one do you buy Benedickt? thank's in advance for your tips :)
because they are not sterilized and homogenized only pasteurized the milk ha a shelf-live of only maximum 72 hours. Under normal circumstances i do not buy milk in shops, we have a supplier from the 'country' here in Strogino, the come 2x a week and sell fresh milk, and dairy products. the Wimm Bill Dann came only to my attention, because now finally i realized what was wrong with the price. 'Russkaya Moloko' the one in the square packs with the blue 'Gshel' printing is also very nice, and the 'Moshaisk' in the glass bottles. I was BETTER some 10 /15 years back, suppose the quality of milk HAS changed.
Funny enough,I do not find any different or better taste on the imported (President and the like) milk, seems one just pays for the 'import' label.
The milk that i buy out here from the delivery truck, i take it home and cook it up once, not of course cooking like water, just boiling up and quickly cool it down. Then filling it into an empty bottle, the next morning there is at least 4 fingers fat on top. And it spoils after 3 days, not that it lasts that long. But to me that is fresh milk. Nagging question i know, do i know where the milk comes from, is it clean, is it healthy, do the cows have no illness or so. No,I do not know all these things. But i know they are out here, the same people since 10 years and all the babushkas are there. And THEY ought to FEEL when something is good or bad.

Ian G
05-10-2010, 13:28
We buy fresh milk- in a plastic bottle or bad, not the sterilized stuff (ugh!) . I don't use milk ( I prefer yoghurt, kefir, ryazhenka), my wife likes a little in her coffee, so we don't get through a litre in 1 week. By the end of the week it's normally gone off. Then we leave it standing in the kitchen for 2 days, strain it through cheesecloth overnight, and make cheese. It's not tvorog- more like fresh mozzarella. Good in salads with tomato.

You can also make paneer with fresh milk- heat to almost boiling, add lemon juice, allow to curdle, strain through cheesecloth.

Benedikt
09-10-2010, 10:54
was at the karusel Hypermarket at Megapolis, Metro Viokovskaya.
There i saw also cartons with 1.5 ltr milk. But this time without the nice babusha on the cover *(dom na derevne, their spiel..) but just 'Lianosovskaya Milk' and the little Fox in the corner. THE PRICE, SOME 70 rubles, basically 1 ltr + 50 %.
So,do we pay for the Wimm Bill Done label and face of the babushka, 20 rubles more because they are notet on the NY stock exchange, and Lianosovo is not?:thumbdwn:
by the way, i got no reply to my questions from either ALIYA PARUSA nor Wimm Bill Done. :cool:
The cartons are slightly different, one has a plastic spout, the other not. but that can not be worth 20 rubles..:cool:

i think i will drink Vodka for breakfast, or Schnapps or a Austrian Gösser beer.:AngelPray: