PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lessons

tomcat123
11-07-2005, 08:08
Can anybody let me know details of a good driving school. How much time will it take to get International Driving Licence

RDV
11-07-2005, 14:20
Can anybody let me know details of a good driving school. How much time will it take to get International Driving Licence

You want a Russia-issued IDL? What citizenship do you hold?

tomcat123
16-07-2005, 11:04
I need to learn driving and obtain licence which I can use for driving in Moscow. I am from India.

nsuprun
16-07-2005, 12:11
Hope you do not mind me adding a question to your thread. Since it is about a driver's license it seemed OK.
I have an American license. Can I drive on that in Russia?

yack
16-07-2005, 15:20
Yes, you can drive for 6 months with your old driving license. Meanwhile you are supposed to take a test.

RDV
18-07-2005, 15:52
I need to learn driving and obtain licence which I can use for driving in Moscow. I am from India.

Check with your Embassy. They should know best how you can get a local license. I only heard about 'adding' a local licence. Never heard about getting one here from start to finish. Hope you speak Russial well, as it is not easy to understand the theoretical part of Russian traffic regulations.

Cheers!

RDV
18-07-2005, 15:54
Hope you do not mind me adding a question to your thread. Since it is about a driver's license it seemed OK.
I have an American license. Can I drive on that in Russia?

If you have a US citizenship, you can drive here with an International permit (issued by, say, an AAA office). Also do a search on this. This topic has been discussed before.