PDA

View Full Version : diploma?

vs51
01-10-2010, 22:23
Hi,

can anyone give me any info about having to have a diploma to get a work permit? Does it have to be uni or can it be college, do you need the origional etc...?

thanks

tasel
02-10-2010, 01:16
It can a college certificate too. Basically the idea is to prove that the person is educated & skilled.

kharaku
04-10-2010, 09:33
What if one has none of the above? IE highschool only degree?

tasel
04-10-2010, 12:25
In such case, you've to get a fake one :)

kharaku
04-10-2010, 12:26
In such case, you've to get a fake one :)

That seems rather idiotic; in 10 years of running my own company I've never once had to show a diploma, and I was hired out of college.

xpucu
04-10-2010, 14:19
think there might be some confusion here as to college/univerisity diplomas. In the US a college diploma is a university diploma normally the equivalent of a bachelor's degree. That is what I had and I have had no issue getting a work permit.

You do need a notary certified copy of it that also needs to be apostilled but that is not too hard to arrange - just email the registrar's office at your school and ask them for it.

Feel free to PM if you have anymore questions - I just went through the whole process 3 months ago.

Ulyana.de.fine
04-10-2010, 18:48
It also depends what your job is going to be (on your work permit). There are some positions that do not have strict education requirements attached to them. Funny enough Director of the Branch or the Representation of the company is one of them - no special education required:rules:!
Its best to ask your company's HR that are supposed to be charged with this kind of thing - all cases are different!

tasel
04-10-2010, 23:54
That seems rather idiotic; in 10 years of running my own company I've never once had to show a diploma, and I was hired out of college.

If you have done all the paper works legally as it should be, i wonder how they never asked for it ? :confused1:

kharaku
05-10-2010, 03:30
It also depends what your job is going to be (on your work permit). There are some positions that do not have strict education requirements attached to them. Funny enough Director of the Branch or the Representation of the company is one of them - no special education required:rules:!
Its best to ask your company's HR that are supposed to be charged with this kind of thing - all cases are different!

Computer Programmer (I wonder if I bring my iPhone and show them app's I've written if that meets the requirements...

kharaku
05-10-2010, 03:32

Computer Programmer (I wonder if I bring my iPhone and show them app's I've written if that meets the requirements...)

kharaku
05-10-2010, 03:42

Computer Programmer (I wonder if I bring my iPhone and show them app's I've written if that meets the requirements...)

Ulyana.de.fine
05-10-2010, 13:41

Nope, sorry!:nono:
Tell them you want to be a Director:queen:

rk24
20-10-2010, 16:15
Would a "Certificare in University Preparation" from a 6month University pre degree course do?

FatAndy
20-10-2010, 16:23
You can even make belly dance to them.
No document <=> no education. Welcome to real world, Neo. ;)

Chitralekha
21-10-2010, 23:27
Actually a relevant diploma -either of college or university is required for any professional activity, certificate course may also do, but it depends on the position you apply. Normally when applying to FMS with your docs you have to show them notary translation into Russian of your apostilled ( in case if your country is party to the Hague Convention) or consular verified diploma. If you have not verified/apostilled your diploma before that may take quite a time, so be ready to spend some time waiting for it, while planning your work permit dates.
However I have heard of some ways existing to solve this problem in case if diploma is not available, as for example for managers, a short-term one months or so course of managment can be taken in Russia and that is it, you get a certificate which is valid and does not require any verification/notary translation.

kharaku
25-10-2010, 20:52
You can even make belly dance to them.
No document <=> no education. Welcome to real world, Neo. ;)

Well if the real world for you is I can profitably write programs for a massively popular mobile phone but you'd rather see some BS degree then have fun in it...

The data structures you need to code about anything useful can be learned in a couple weeks even by stupid people. The only other relevant concern is how many times have you actually applied them on a project?

Lining the pockets of fools who interestingly enough CANNOT profitably write programs for a living seems really useful... :nono::nono:

Ulyana.de.fine
25-10-2010, 22:31
Unfortunately, such is reality here.
But why are YOU here? Do you prefer it here?
There are pros that go together with the cons ... so to speak, hehe.

Could you not write your programms far far away, on the beach somewhere and then sell them to the highest bidder here in cold Russia? You won't need a work permit then!
:11033:

kharaku
26-10-2010, 00:34
Unfortunately, such is reality here.
But why are YOU here? Do you prefer it here?
There are pros that go together with the cons ... so to speak, hehe.

Could you not write your programms far far away, on the beach somewhere and then sell them to the highest bidder here in cold Russia? You won't need a work permit then!
:11033:

strictly speaking... (and i don't have to sell any programs to Russians actually to live in Russia...well not unless FMS has some new rule... certainly is possible...)

that said companies in America had this idea that highly educated programmers were valuable; I get a lot of freelance work fixing their garbage code these days since no one wants to take full time employees on...

martpark
26-10-2010, 01:05
Well if the real world for you is I can profitably write programs for a massively popular mobile phone but you'd rather see some BS degree then have fun in it...

The data structures you need to code about anything useful can be learned in a couple weeks even by stupid people. The only other relevant concern is how many times have you actually applied them on a project?

Lining the pockets of fools who interestingly enough CANNOT profitably write programs for a living seems really useful... :nono::nono:

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did alright in the real world.

kharaku
26-10-2010, 01:07
Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did alright in the real world.

this post needs a like option and a share bar

FatAndy
26-10-2010, 08:38
Your abilities in coding interest nobody in official process. :)
The rest you wrote is just air shake. In the context of the question discussed ;)

Tony P
04-04-2011, 22:16
Not for a Work Permit...

... but I am now applying for a TRP, having got a Quota at the first attempt.:mml:

I have no Diploma having never been to Uni or college. All I have (somewhere) are some British GCE 'O' level certificates from nearly 50 years ago.

Being retired do I still need to show education skills or is there an exemption for Pensioners?

I am, however, a qualified member of a profession. Would a letter from the Institute confirming my Membership be an acceptable alternative or does that complicate things further?

All advice appreciated

SV1973a
04-04-2011, 23:49
Not for a Work Permit...

... but I am now applying for a TRP, having got a Quota at the first attempt.:mml:

I have no Diploma having never been to Uni or college. All I have (somewhere) are some British GCE 'O' level certificates from nearly 50 years ago.

Being retired do I still need to show education skills or is there an exemption for Pensioners?

I am, however, a qualified member of a profession. Would a letter from the Institute confirming my Membership be an acceptable alternative or does that complicate things further?

All advice appreciated

Did you apply in Moscow?
Are you married to a Russian national? If so, it is only normal that you are out of quota...

ilya25
05-04-2011, 00:08
Not for a Work Permit...

All advice appreciated

I gueess for TRP you need to demonstrate that a) you have a place to live in here b) you have income to maintain yourself I don't think that autorities are worried about your level of education

I think the list of required docs for TRP is published somewhere here