View Full Version : Registration Question

06-07-2005, 09:10
I'll be arriving on a 6-month multi-entry visa to Moscow next Wednesday. The problem is that I have an apartment set up but I'm not sure that I can get a landlord registration letter. Does anyone know how to at least temporarily get my visa registered without such a letter? Also, do you have any information on how to get the letter notarized (where? a template? etc.)

Please pm me.


06-07-2005, 09:19
If you ride the Metro you will see small advertisements stuck on the walls of the train advertising registration services. For about 1000 rubles you can buy a registration from some corrupt cop (is that redundant?) who works in that office. A lot of travel agencies offer a similar 30 day service through hotels that they have a relationship with.

06-07-2005, 11:14
Try contacting the agency which dealt with the paperwork for your visa.

06-07-2005, 13:05
I have been registered on my apartment even when I was on a 1month tourist mulitple visa during the process of getting my work visa. Its possible.
Have your landlord get the registration paper for you and then you must go to Immigration Office in your district within 3 days! If not you pay about $50 fine as the least or they kick you out of the country in worth case.

If you are planning to get a later work permit, I would not advise to register with your tourist agencies under of those fake hotel -reservations. If FSB will check and find out you are not living there, forget staying in the country or get work permit.